LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What advice can you give me re Factive and Cryptolepis

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What advice can you give me re Factive and Cryptolepis
JJ29
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JJ29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD is putting me on Factive and Cryptolepis (1 tsp. 3xday) along with Doxy, Plaquinil , Nystatin.....as well as continuing Abab and Abart which I have been on for a few months.

Since I have never taken factive and cryptolepis I would love to hear your experience and any advice about how to start taking these.....and any precautionary measures I should take.

As always, your input is greatly appreciated.

Posts: 574 | From New Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JJ29
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JJ29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone?
Posts: 574 | From New Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nanaaaaa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nanaaaaa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
took factive for 4 months with tinidazole and herbs. did not do anything for me. had no side effects.
some people do get pain in the (dont know the correct english word tendons/sinews?!)

Posts: 140 | From Germany | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme987
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22148

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme987     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Herxed majorly on factive. Big time neuro herxes but that is where I always herx. I doing another round the next two months twice a week with zithro also

It definietly helped me, been going around and around for 4 years with heavy meds for my bart, hope this helps

Posts: 298 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cryptolepis was very good for treating my daughter's babesia. She felt definite improvement on this. Her dose was the same as yours.

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JJ29
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5288

Thank you nana, lyme987 and lululymemom.

Lyme987, were you taking the factive with something else and did you ramp up gradually?

lululymemom, did your daughter ramp up slowly with the cryptolepis .....what dose did she start out with?

lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She didn't really ramp up slowly, she started with 10 drops 3X a day and within a week she was up to 30 drops 3X a day.

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Factive was a helpful med for me. I'm trying Cryptolepis right now but having a difficult time remembering to take it 3x per day.
Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JJ29
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5288

Thanks lulu and sammy.

What's the best place to buy cryptolepis?

blinkie
Member # 14470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blinkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
crypto helped me a lot at the dose you list. I think it is good to use long term in conjunction with other drugs. Alone, I do not think it is sufficient for difficult babesia.
Posts: 1104 | From N.California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JJ29
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5288

Thanks Blinkie.....this is very encouraging.

Where did you buy the cryptolepis?

sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is where I buy crptolepis
http://www.woodlandessence.com/herbal.htm

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JJ29
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5288

Thanks for the link sammy......I just called them and left a message but they have a note next to crytolepis stating that they may not have it.....any idea who else would have it?

JJ

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement