LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Symptoms/Herx's worse at night?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Symptoms/Herx's worse at night?
lucky8711
Member # 26221

Icon 5 posted      Profile for lucky8711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am on my third week of treatment after a 9 month break. I have been noticing that my symptoms, but more so the little bit of Herxing that I have done so far are the worst and most noticeable at night. Does anyone else have this and is there a reason for it? It reminds me of how whenever I would be ill as a child (or an adult) with some sort of virus etc. My fever;s and symptoms would be horrible starting in the late afternoon through the night and would dissipate by mid morning. I am being treated for Bart but it seems to be kicking up my Neuro Lyme symptoms and not really noticing much change in the Bart area. But as we all know the symptoms for each infection can tend to overlap so its hard to know what is being caused by which infection. Sooo frustrating.
Posts: 80 | From RI | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymielauren28
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... I'm the complete opposite. I feel slow and bleh in the mornings and start feeling better into the afternoon and usually by night I feel like a million bucks. Crazy how different we all are!

--------------------
"The only way out is through"

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of my stuff is worse at night (stomach, achiness), some worse in the morning (fatigue, stiffness).

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme987
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22148

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme987     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes if you are herxing worse toward the end of the day, it means maybe you need to rest more during the day

Nightime is when the body detoxes, so if you are herxing, nightimes (meaning sleeping hours) can be rough. I used to shake so bad at night, jaw chattering, I just couldn't even sleep. I have had bart for 25 years. Just treating it for the past 3 1/2 years. Do you take your antibiotic in the evening? maybe you can change it up a little bit?

Just my own experience-

Posts: 298 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucky8711
Member # 26221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucky8711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I woud love to rest more during the daay but I have a 2 1/2 month old so there i little ret to be had. I am thinking that it i that I save up all of it for the evening and sleep time. I my pain is worst in the nights and mornings and essens a little during the day as I am moving around. I take the ABX at 715 in the aam and 715 in the pm. I guess having the bby its better that its the worst at night so I can keep up with him during the day. thank everyone for the input.
Posts: 80 | From RI | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gagamooppop
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gagamooppop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been going back and forth on this..for the most part the mornings have been tough for me, but not feeling much better in the evenings moreso the afternoons. Today was the first day I felt fine in the morning but I also started a new protocol of herbal supplements yesterday so who knows.

A strange thing I have noticed...when I go swimming or am submersed in water all my symptoms are alleviated. I can't be in water 24/7 but it might come to that.

Symptoms: major brain fog/dont feel like myself/cant focus/have difficulty when in motion (before all this very healthy, in shape 30 year old)

Posts: 183 | From ... | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucky8711
Member # 26221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucky8711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gagamooppop-
I too feel amazing while submerged in water...especially the ocean...I think probably the salt adds o thhe soothing effect. I have all the things that ou complain of, and then a whle lot more. I really only find that the water helps me wit any physical issues as opposed to my Neuro...but then again, thats not enirely true, When I get in the water I can go form being hopeless and depressed, anxious, angry, agitated to feeling completely uplifted and cheery. My Fiance always marvels at this. Time to buy one of those swim spas...If only I could afford one. [Smile]

Life+Lyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Life+Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought I would bring this thread back...

What coinfection makes you feel flu-like later in the evening/night? Body aches, skin sore-to-the-touch, warm (higher temp), etc.

Is it Bartonella? Or could it be my immune system is finally trying to work?

--------------------
You name it, I've got it.
Full-time medical anomaly.

Posts: 432 | From Southeast | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babs for me.

My Babesia thinks it's Malaria. Some say their Babesia flares in weekly cycles. Mine flares dependably every 24 hours.

Malaria patients experience the same. All symptoms are worse in the late afternoon/evening. Fevers are classic. Speculation is that the piroplasms exit the RBCs and reproduce when Mosquitos are active. This gives them the best chance of infecting another host.

I never understood flu-like symptoms until this became my clear pattern. During some phases I get low-grade fevers, but not always. Mostly, it's an exacerbation of whatever symptoms I'm having, and I just feel like total crap.

I am usually symptom-free by 11:00 pm. Stiff and achey in the mornings, but no full-blown symptoms til afternoon.

This is the first time I've seen this thread, but I also experience profound symptom relief in the water. I would give anything to have a pool!

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, for years I thought this was classic adrenal fatigue with low afternoon cortisol. I treated my adrenals forever, with no improvement.

When Babs was treated, this symptom completely resolved. In fact, all my adrenal symptoms resolved.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Life+Lyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Life+Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh, that's interesting, Boxermom. Thanks!

Glad to hear it improved with Babs treatment.

--------------------

Posts: 432 | From Southeast | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am the opposite....I notice a flare at night now, at 11pm, like clockwork. I feeel weird in the morning but then it gets better when I move around.
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Life+Lyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33568

CD57,
I'm the same way. I am really sleepy and sluggish until like 1:00pm, but I get flu like late afternoon. I stay achey and yucky until I go to bed. So predictable and so unpleasant.

--------------------

Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't stand being near the ocean... Much prefer higher altitude/mountains...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babs ..

--

BTW, I had a nurse in the hospital tell me that it was common for nausea and vomiting and everything else to start late at night. She said it was like clockwork. About 10 pm especially.

That happened to me when I had a kidney infection. Bingo at 10:30 pm, I'd start throwing up. Was "OK" during the day .. then wham.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am doing better in the mountains too.

Morning and evenings are rough. I have a little time in the middle of the day where I seem a little better.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement