LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to General Support.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » My Husband

Author Topic: My Husband
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5NXiuXwNG0&feature=related

Please listen to this --- it will be my song for a little while.

On Tuesday morning, five minutes after I arrived at the hospital, the person dearest to my heart, my husband Jack, took his last breath. He was felled by Babesiosis, 85 years old. Jack finally went to sleep, gently, after a long battle. Dr. K. spoke to him from Europe while he was already slipping away and asked me to give him a kiss from him before we hung up. I had all the support, but the bugs were stronger.

I had a difficult time letting him go � only God knows how hard I tried to help him during my years of my own Lyme problems when he carried me up the stairs to the doctor�s office, bathed and dressed me and as he remained a bright shining light when I got well and had to do the same thing for him to his last days.

My heart aches as if a huge rock had been pulled out of my chest. Jack and I were holding hands on our 50th Wedding Anniversary less than a month ago. That is all that was left for us to do.

I happen to run "accidentally" into this song later on Tuesday -- Dr. K. is singing the words as he often does at the end of seminars, usually inspiring songs. The shorter fellow next to him is a dentist or MD, a student who has been doing the Klinghardt thing in Germany for many years. This song must have been at a time when he felt he had failed a patient. I will translate some of the words from German:

�Dear God � please help find me
I have lost my way in the world
Please please please please shine your light
As I stand before a locked door
I feel as if in a strange land
Please please lead me by the hand
Dear God please help find me���

Some day I will join my beloved Jack at this good place with the bright light.
Until then I will keep searching and learning.

Thank God for every day you can share with a loved one.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GiGi, I am so sorry for the loss of your dear husband.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb133
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb133     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GiGi,

I do not know you but you have helped me and so many others countless times. I am so sorry for your loss. As I sit here and listen to the song and read your post I cannot stop the tears.

You are a wonderful angel sent from God. Your husband is in a much better place with no suffering.

Thank you for all you do for so many people.

God bless you,

Deb g

Posts: 499 | From Malta, NY | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kramberry
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34032

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kramberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So sad that someone has to die again from this dreadfull disease.

Im sorry For your lost... We all know how hard it is to deal with this disease.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 215 | From California | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rivendell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GiGi, Bless You Dear.

Now, the loving husband who looked after you while your were sick is truly your guardian angel looking after you from a higher, lighter place.

May you heal and find peace.

Posts: 1358 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gigi, I am so sorry.

[group hug]

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nomoremuscles
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nomoremuscles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gigi,

I'm very sorry for your loss.

From all you've described, I'm sure he knew he was loved.

Posts: 845 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gigi,

I am very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i am so very sorry. i cannot imagine your grief and pain.

i will think of you.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry for your loss.

[group hug]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry, Gigi. And yes, the love you had for each other was huge. Hang onto the memories. God Bless.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
8man12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8man12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very sorry for your loss, prayers sent.
Posts: 510 | From NEVERLAND.USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am sorry for your loss.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So sorry for your loss...I don't even know what to say.
Thinking of you-- God bless. [group hug]

--------------------
"The simple things can get you through the hardest times."  -

Posts: 628 | From Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alice In Lymeland
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice In Lymeland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry, Gigi. My thoughts are with you.
Posts: 340 | From Lymeland | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GiGi,

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved husband Jack, and for the heartache you are feeling. [group hug]

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beths
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So sorry to read of your loss. may the good memories be a comfort to you now
Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jack was one of the kindest men I ever met. Always a twinkle in his eye. He had a special name for Gigi - so sweet as was he.

He put up a long and hard fight.

Gigi, I know more than most how hard you worked to help him. You never, ever,ever gave up. He will watch over you from his peaceful place and call you that special name.

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Gigi,So sorry to hear of your loss. You r in my thoughts and Prayers.You have been such a wonderful wife to him. Take good care. Gentle nurturing Hugs.
Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gigi,

I am so so sorry for your loss. Bless you.

Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am so sorry Gigi. God bless and make you strong.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gigi, Your husband was blessed to have you beside him. You were lucky to have each other. His spirit will be with you always.

You have helped so many of us with all that you have learned - I hope you know we are here for you....

Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dearest Gigi,

I have been thinking of you every day. You already know how I feel, but I just had to put a post here as well.

I am so glad for the wonderful half-of-a-century that you got to share with the love of your life. 50 years is a magical milestone that most people don't make. It makes it harder to let go, but the lifetime of wonderful memories you have made will carry you through. You and Jack are wonderful people. Now Jack is in a peaceful place, finally. And I hope a different kind of peace comes to you during this very difficult time.

Sending warm and comforting thoughts your way.
Tammy
xo

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry for your loss. May the Lord wraps His arms around you in your time of need.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sk8ter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sk8ter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dearest Gigi,
My heart and prayers are with you...you and your husband have helped so many here ...bless you and Jesus hold you in His arms.

Posts: 871 | From orange county, ca. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GiGi, my heart goes out to you. Sending hugs and prayers.
Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So sorry to hear this.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am so sorry your beloved Jack lost his battle.

Sending a group hug from all of us. [group hug]

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My heart aches for you Gigi. so sorry for your loss.
Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Gigi,

I'm so sorry to hear this tragic news of your loss of your dear husband. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I echo the words of the others and have you in our prayers. This story is very touching.

Thank you for your responses when I ask questions and thanks for supporting our community and for fighting what is a true battle.

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gigi,

I am so sorry to hear of your husband's passing. I completely understand how hard it must be to let him go. How could it be otherwise after a lifetime together of love?

I send love and prayers to ease your heart in this difficult time. Your light always shines brightly here, and I know it will continue to do so, even if there is sorrow in your heart.

Your family is here, too.
xoxoxo

Some day these illnesses will not have to take those we love. But in the meantime, we fight on.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh God Gigi, I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved husband. It is wonderful that you were able to spend so many years with each other. But so sad that it ended the way it did.

You have helped so many here. Thank you for that. Take time to grieve for however long you need.

Just know that there are people here including myself who will await your return.

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gudrun, my deepest condolesce for the loss of your beloved husband.

As I read LN for the last 7 years, I know how much you cared for him. I'm glad he has left so many grandchildren, and I'm sure you will feel him around, if not already. You're blessed to know so many things, in all the senses...

I hope you have the force you need to go on.

I loved the song too.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am so sorry for your loss.
Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so very very sorry, Gigi. I had clicked on your link as I read your note. The tears roll down my eyes with such emotion. Hugs to you and you will be in my prayers.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am so sorry for your loss. My heart and prayers go out to you.
Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gigi, I am so sorry for your loss.

Find a way to hold on to the good memories, and he will always be with you. Talk about his good spirit, your love together, and your special times. And your heart will someday sing, knowing that your beloved is always there, watching over you, waiting for the day you can be together again. If you listen, you will hear.

May God bless you and bring you peace.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[group hug] So sad
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mbdq
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mbdq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Posts: 233 | From Hudson Valley | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GiGi - so sorry.

[group hug]

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Gudrun,

I am so sad that you lost your beloved husband, Jack. My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family.

Even though it is difficult to lose him, please find comfort in knowing he is no longer suffering and in a much better place.

You have always helped so many here, sharing your knowledge and experiences and we are all very grateful.

Although we cannot take away your sadness and heartache, we can all send you many of these [group hug] [group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning, wailing or pain." Rev 21:4

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickssuck
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickssuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers for strength and peace for you and your family. TS
Posts: 566 | From West Coast | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sending healing thoughts your way. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truesun
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truesun   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gigi,

So much of what I do for myself and my sons is because of you. I've read so much of what you've written and it has been a light through the darkness. We are with Dr. K in a good part because of your faith in him.
I know how much you have helped my family. People you don't even know. How much more did you help your beloved husband? I know he couldn't have been in better hands. Keep singing your song GiGi and God Bless you.

Truesun

--------------------
Misdiagnosed for many years. Treated for many things besides the real issue. Lyme diagnosed April 2008. Parasites diagnosed recently. Past to both my sons. Trying to remain hopeful and thankful.

Posts: 144 | From Ohio Valley | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beth22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beth22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am so sorry for your loss. You have helped so many people here, and I hope the support you find here can help just a little. God bless you.
Posts: 236 | From Zionsville IN | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
x9w5a34
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for x9w5a34     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gigi, I am so sorry for your loss.
Posts: 100 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J-Dog
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13160

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J-Dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Gigi,

I am sorry to hear of your loss. Please know many are thinking of you and sending love and healing your way.

You have done a magnificent job of supporting all of us here on lymenet. Hopefully, we can do the same for you.

You truly sparkle.

Posts: 121 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Gigi,
I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers and wishing you comfort and healing.

Posts: 873 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LBS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LBS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gigi,

I will pray for you. My you rest under the wings of Jesus, who may bring you peace during this difficult time.

God bless you.

--------------------
Tick Bite: March 2011
ABX Treatment: August 2011
Diagnosed: September 2011

Posts: 137 | From God's Got This! | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blownelk
Member # 27078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blownelk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gigi,
Thank you for sharing the song. I will be praying for you. "Blessed are they that mourn for they shall be comforted." May God bring you special comfort in this difficult time.

Posts: 63 | From Millersville, PA | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Gigi,
I am sadden by your loss. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My heart goes out to you. May you and your family find peace and healing quickly.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier1071
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annier1071     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GiGi

I just lost my husband at 59 yrs old two weeks ago. We would have been married one year last week and I know how much pain you are feeling.

My husband was not sick, after an accident a drug was given to him in error that caused him repiratory failure. While in the ICU they found he too had lyme and babesia which contributed to his breathing issues.

I, like you, feel like my heart has been ripped from chest. He was taken so suddenly and no matter what the age or how long you love someone, the pain is the same.

He too carried me all this year while I was trying to treat my lyme and I depended on him for everything. They are both God's special angels and were sent to us for some very important reason.

I pray that they have met in heaven, free from all pain and both looking down on us and watching over us..The day will come when we are together again and the party will begin for us all. Much love Ann

--------------------
Diagnosed with chronic neuro lyme 12/10 after 30 years of vertigo.2 tick bites in 3 yrs from upstate NY. Was on omincef for nine mths..zith and rifampin stopped.Remission~ All the pain and symptoms are back and I am not treating now with biaxin.

Posts: 788 | From New york..queens | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry, Ann. [group hug]

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't imagine the grief you must feel.

It is a fearful thing to love what death can touch.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlp38     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a beautiful sentiment Ann. I bet they are both looking down on you, watching over you.
Posts: 707 | From Colorado | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ann, I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you.
Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Haley:

It is a fearful thing to love what death can touch.

-
Wow. That is an amazing statement of truth.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ann and Gigi, my heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry for your great loss. Praying that God will carry and comfort each of you.
Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karensky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gigi ...

I'm so sorry to hear of this huge loss of your soulmate of so

many years...I can't imagine the grief ... I know you only through

this site but you have always been such a guiding light for me ...

... so very helpful , insightful , generous and knowledgeable ... I

send you a big hug , full of genuine warmth and compassion for

what you must be going through @ the moment...

please know you have touched my life in such a positive way and

helped me so much and I would do the same for you in a heart

beat ...your husband was a lucky man ... and you too ... I hope

you can rely on all the wonderful memories you have of being

together to help you get through this difficult time ...

my heart is with you , sincerely [group hug]

--------------------
"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues , but the parent of all others "....Cicero

Posts: 254 | From new jersey | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry to read this, Gigi - at least it sounds like you had a wonderful life together -
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Moving to general support

--------------------

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement