LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » How to Treat Dysautonomia/POTS Website

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How to Treat Dysautonomia/POTS Website
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. N., environmental medicine doctor, spoke at the ILADS conference today and gave the doctors a website to learn how to treat patients who have dysautonomia (which includes POTS). The site is:

NDRF.org

I haven't viewed the site myself. Hope this helps those of you who suffer with this.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Thanks, TF. I was unable to watch the lecture at that time. Sorry I missed it.

Along the lines of that presentation, here's a Chemical Sensitivity website that complements that one:

http://www.lisanagy.com/
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She also mentioned that this brand of bottled water (in glass jars) are safe for MCS.

I think Whole Foods might sell them too.

http://www.mountainvalleyspring.com/bottled-water-home-office-delivery.aspx

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sk8ter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sk8ter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She was wonderful but remember she was treated at Dr. Rea's environmental clinic in Dallas, Tx. He is the best in the world for MCS...
Posts: 871 | From orange county, ca. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suz9601
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for suz9601   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the website. Does anyone know if the conference will be played later ...I missed most of it. Thanks
Posts: 146 | From Midwest | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Suz,

There are no plans at this time to replay the streams, although there has been a short loop of one doctor replaying.

As this was the first year ILADS did the streaming for 3 days, they may alter their plans.

Many of the sessions would cut in and out and I missed a lot. I don't know if they have some way to "make that up" but still, it was so nice to have this advantage to see what we could.

And it was free. I'm sure it cost ILADS a bundle. What a nice gift to let us see so much of that, even with technical blips.

However, if you missed some on Friday due to the streaming troubles, there's a link on IlADS conference page to have then email about how to see those sessions. Not sure how they will do that but put your email request in.

My being on the west coast also made viewing most of the impossible. I just can get up much before 9 a.m. - I tried but couldn't. And 9 a.m. here is lunchtime there.

As for others, the DVD of the whole conference (with slides, etc.) - or - individual sessions are for sale at about $15 each if you just want single sessions.

Some support groups may purchase some sessions or the whole set and have to rent or loan later.

Usually, on the website for The Better Health Guy, Scott F is pretty fast at getting up his synopsis note and then later a whole article on that for the PHA site. Keep your eyes on the ILADS site but also on these:

http://betterhealthguy.com/joomla/index.php

BetterHealthGuy.com

and

http://www.publichealthalert.org/

Public Health Alert

Public Health Alert (PHA) is a newspaper committed to researching and investigating Lyme Disease and other chronic illnesses in the United States. . . .

. . . PHA is a free monthly newspaper. We function on the sale of advertising space and donations from the public. We have nationwide distribution.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
http://www.ilads.org/lyme_programs/lyme_events_video.html#page=page-1

If you would like to view the presentations missed because of technical difficulties on Oct. 28th, please click here to signup to be notified when they will be online.

---
At the bottom of that page: MANY VIDEOs to view now, just not from this conference.

================

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_programs/lyme_events_video.html#page=page-3

Scroll down:

Purchase ILADS Toronto Lyme Disease Conference Videos

===================

If you see a presenter whose work interests you, Google their name. You might find some of their works or - a bonus. I found a very extensive website for one of the chemical sensitivity speakers yesterday.
-

TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be posting my notes of this particular session hopefully by tomorrow.
Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement