LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » bitten again

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bitten again
lolalily
Member # 33440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lolalily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am about 7 weeks into antibiotic treatment and

I was bitten again today. ( I say again, but I

don;t remember ever being bitten before) Am I

covered because I am on ceftin 2x a day, or do I

need to call my LLMD. I am freaked out. I was

starting to feel good and was out playing with

my boys today, I even jogged around the block.

They saw me freak out when I found the

disgusting thing. [Frown] It defintely got me but

was not completly imbedded. couldn't hsve been

on me more than a few hours.

--------------------
~Lola

Posts: 61 | From New York | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was it attached? I'm not sure I'm understanding "not completely imbedded."

If it was attached, you should call your LLMD. Sometimes they want to switch meds for a new bite.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first med that is usually used in early cases is doxycycline because it hits ehrlichia too. But maybe there is a reason why you are not on this drug.

Good thing to tell the doc, and be more specific about attachment.

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on your'e smarter than that. Keep your boys and yourself off the grass and the leaves.

You know how dangerous it is and not something to play with. I know many people who got bit once and still did not learn their lesson. They were still stubborn enough to take chances and ultimately got bitten again.

You can't use caution, since some of these ticks are so damn small. F the notion that you have to live life. Ultimately the chances you take may not allow you to live life the way you desire.

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lolalily
Member # 33440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lolalily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in the grass and the leaves. I live in the woods.

--------------------
~Lola

Posts: 61 | From New York | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IckyTicky
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think it's right to say "come on you're smarter than that" ect.
Not all of us live on pavement! Some of us live where there is nothing but grass and trees.
I'm not going to keep my children off the grass. Our of the woods...of course, but off the grass? Come on!

Did I learn my lesson by being bitten years ago? Of course I did. But I've also learned not to live in perpetual fear of ticks.

Some of us have organic gardens in order to be able to afford healthy food. Should we not do that?

People have dogs that go in the grass and then come in. Are we to all get rid of our pets too?

"F" the notion that you have to live life? We were put on this earth to live life!
I'm not keeping my kids out of the yard and in the house or on pavement.

Yes there needs to be precaution, tick checks, prevention... but yes, absolutely LIVE LIFE!

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lolalily
Member # 33440

Thank you Icky...I needed that. [Smile]
I am new to this.

--------------------
~Lola

Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in tick land and all surrounded by grass, woods, and I got my first tick bite probably searching for my post just 3 steps from the front door.

Avoiding nature does not bring anyone much, on the contrary, it takes things from people. Kids need fresh air, contact with nature.

Using repellents the whole time will make their toxic load increase, unless you choose natural repellents.

It's virtually impossible to be on natural repellents the whole time, if you live in certain places like mine.

If borrelia is in insects, how can we avoid their bites then? Just live in a concrete box, never leave your flat, never open the window?

A new infected tick bite is bad, specially on chronic lyme. It happened to me a few times, so I know from own experience. If not infected, no problem, but if infected, the new pathogens get crazily virulent, very aggressive.

I suppose doxy would be a good option too. I would though take herbs instead, in combination, to address babesia, specially. I hate babesia, specially after a new infected bite!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lolalily -I believe their is a thread at the top of the medical questions that is for tick prevention and how you can protect yourself and your boys while out in nature.

You might want to check it out.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lolalily
Member # 33440

I have read it...repeatedly. I was completely dressed but had no tick repellent on. Thank you. I stressed myself out so bad my symptoms got worse...but as I calmed down so did the my joint pain and muscle twitching [Smile] STRESS is BAD!!!

--------------------
~Lola

lolalily
Member # 33440

I am on ceftin...I am allegic to peniciin and doxy [Frown]

--------------------
~Lola

kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally understand the stressing out part! My daughter has gotten bitten twice since starting on treatment.

We have made the decision to stop going to our annual family camp with our homeschool group because it's just too risky. It makes me sad.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear you are in the grass/woods & I know that you cannot always simply pickup and go. Although, if you have read Pamela Weintraub's book, that is EXACTLY what her family did.

This topic holds dear to me, because that is what my wife said to me, "you have to live life." I wanted the kids to keep off the grass when I found out others around here were bitten & I put the word out for my kids to be off the grass. She overrode me & we lived life. My daughter was then bitten three times and is declining, with headaches & emotional issues and learning disabilities.

She is very smart and had a great memory. She would point things out to my wife & I on many occasions and we were amazed at her abilities. Her gift has been taken from her and she is having difficulty in school now and it is heart breaking.

I have been sick for months and was not able to work, bedridden with pain all over. Feels like I was dying day in and day out, for months. With only one income and mortgage, health bills, and bills in general piling up, makes living life a lot more challenging.

My wife can also live life too, live life with what awaits her. She has symptoms but is too stubborn to recognize it.

All this for "living life." Live life, but do your research in the area that you live in and maybe even go on a tick hunt. If you take your dog for a walk and are pulling ticks off with each walk, that is your biggest clue.

"Come on your'e smarter than that." I find sometimes you have to slap people around in order to get them to realize just what we are dealing with. I also find it surprising that we know very well the dangers and consequences, yet take chances. Take chances on behalf of our children, with consequences they might be faced to live with.

We live in a different world. Between antibiotic resistance and the growing spread of ticks, biting insects and disease, living life will in the long run have a new meaning.

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lolalily
Member # 33440

perhaps I should move back to the city and increase my chances of being attacked by a stranger...or another terrorist attack again. There are threats everywhere...different ones in different places. I understand your view, but I am watching my kids playoutside as I type this. They are laughing and playing. They are living. And when they are ready to comeinside, They will strip down as they do everyday and let me check them from top to bottom and basically INSIDE and out. They know the drill and they even know why at such a young age (3 & 5). It's a choice my family has made.

--------------------
~Lola

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement