LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Makahiya (Mimosa pudica)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Makahiya (Mimosa pudica)
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone been taking this? How is it going?

Is there any place to buy it? Please PM me if you don't want to post it publically.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found it in flower /plant shops!!!

They like sun and hot weather. The most useful part is the root, if I remember well.

I didn't use it for parasite cleansing as I didn't know about that.

I don't have it anymore since I left to Korea, I gave it away.

In Brazil, it is considered a 'bad herb', we find them in the fields and children play with them. Had I known that, I would have prepared some medicine with it and tried!!

If you find no place to buy, look in tropical countries, they may have it! But I wonder if they make medicine with it...

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Brussels.

Dr. K is recommending it for parasites. He says it's better than the drugs. I believe you are supposed to take the leaf extract powder.

Yes - it's a fairly common plant "the sensitive plant" I believe it's known as. Don't know why it's hard to find. I think it has a history in the Philippines as a medicinal herb.

I'm going to check around on some of those ethnobotanical websites.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A search on google brought these up.

http://www.formosaherbals.com/Mimosa-pudica.html

this company offers an extract - I would double check to make sure this is the exact plant but it looks like it is.
http://www.tropilab.com/mimosatincture.html

this site looks like it has the powder form
http://www.amazondiscovery.com/herbs-F-Q.htm

I haven't vetted any of the sites above and I haven't tried the herb.

I would check with biopure. My guess would be that Dr. K. will sell it under those websites.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Thanks TerryK! You are a pal.

I think I'm going to give it a try soon.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

PS - does anyone know if the powdered herbs are preferred over the tincture? It does come in a tincture form which seems easier to take than the powdered herbs which Dr. K suggested.
Haley
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please post after you have tried it. I would like to try it.
Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb133
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb133     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I understand the tincture is really horrible as far as taste. You can get the capsule which is what my daughters LLMD recommends.

My daughter did 2 months of it with no problems. I will PM you the pharmacy.

Posts: 499 | From Malta, NY | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Thank you!

FYI - from Better health guy's website

http://www.betterhealthguy.com/joomla/blog/242-a-deep-look-beyond-lyme

excerpt-

�Mimosa pudica powder is an Ayurvedic herb that is 30 times stronger than the best medical drug. Starting with 1/2 teaspoon twice a day two days a week and working up to 1 teaspoon daily for 3 months.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

PS - http://www.tropilab.com/mimosatincture.html

Mimosa pudica - herbs - 1 pound - US$ 20.00

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Also - please use caution for any herbal protocol. Some people were concerned that this herb may lead to loss of fertility if one is looking to conceive. Also - there may be cautions for pregnant women & those breastfeeding.

Just some stuff I came across while looking into this.

GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ayush in Bellevue, WA carries Mimosa Pudica and so does Biopure in Redmond, WA. All were out of it for a time, but I think it is available now.

Dr. K. uses the mimosa powder - I am sure because of the fiber involved. Maybe there is also a writeup on Biopure's website now. Or look at Ayush to see how they describe it.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have one friend that is using mimosa that has seen worms coming out after starting it.

I have found it easier to use the capsules than the powder and the capsules can be obtained OTC from rxandhealth.com

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Yes, sometimes people prefer the whole herb as opposed to the tinctures.

I think - if I recall correctly - Dr. K said that one could use this in the ultrasonic blender to make it liposomal...? I'm not sure if he meant this herb or Ivermectin. I believe that the anti-Lyme coctails are meant to be customized. I'm going to study that further.

I did well with the anti-parasite herbs but when I took a break from it, all my symptoms seem to have come back. I think I need something stronger along those those lines.

Dr. K said that treating EMFs, mold & parasites are key... I've been messing around with this illness for 15 years & I think I can agree with this just on the basis of my own experiments.

Thanks for the info!

sparkle7
Member # 10397

PS - when treating parasites - you may not actually see them. They may be microscopic or digested by the body. I think you can judge if it's an issue of you feel worse while taking an anti-parasite drug or herb.

When I first started this - it was awful. I could barely take 1 Parastroy capsule. I got really ill from the anti-parasite tincture, too. I've been doing this for 2 years & I still get ill from these things.

When one is dealing with a microscopic parasite like hidden lungworm or babesia - you may not see anything come out of you. I believe some of us may be infected with layers of parasites...

The more obvious ones go first but the hidden ones take longer. The move around & burrow into places in the body to get away from the anti-parasite meds & herbs.

Just my experience...

SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not aware of anyone making the Ivermectin part of the cocktail. I have heard of one practitioner considering making the mimosa liposomal and as I recall, Dr. K added the mimosa to the cocktail in the blender, but not in the ultrasonic machine itself.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

I think I heard Dr. K mention it on the interveiw with Dr. Mercola. I'm going to have to go back to listen to it again.

Thanks for the info!

GiGi
Member # 259

Symptom that appear during and following the parasite protocol definitely are the metals that are being released due to parasite die-off. It is easily mistaken as something else. I have never felt horrible with any parasite die-off because the metals tested positive within a day or so, and then of course treatment for metals has to be done quickly. The mobilized metals feel very similar and one has to be ready for this fallout. (Same happens with photons!! and taking action is important if you want to avoid being bothered by the same metals over and over again1)

Then often within a day of the metals releasing, the fungi will rear its ugly head and one needs to treat that.

It is a chain reaction one has to watch out for.

I posted it many months ago = Babuschka Principle.
Every treatment has consequences that have to be addressed.

Take care.

P.S. When doing the pharma parasite protocol, I don't think I would add a lot of other stuff -- for reasons cited. All is very difficult to do without being able to do energetic testing while it is happening. Then you know why you feel the way you do and it makes life a lot easier.

I would make the mimosa part of the cocktail - liposomal.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Could be... I'll have to test it again. I initially tested that mercury wasn't an issue but it's hard to say. It might have changed since then. I have been exposed to various things throughout my life.

Does anyone have suggestions of how to treat fungi? I've tried the Yeast Cleanse & it was always good but it doesn't seem strong enough these days.

17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to try mimosa.

I looked up Gigi's "Ayush in Bellevue, WA carries Mimosa Pudica and so does Biopure in Redmond, WA" and Scott's "rxandhealth.com" and still came up empty.

I'm sure it's me who's lacking computer skills but why can't I find mimosa at any of those places? Help?

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

I'm going to order some from the link in Taipei (Formosa Herbals) if they have it in stock. I'm waiting to hear from them. They grow it themselves - I believe. I'll let you know - I could order extra & we could split it. PM me if you are interested. If they don't have it, I'll try Tropilab.
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
17hens - rxandhealth.com is Hopkinton Pharmacy in MA. If you call the pharmacy department, they will put you in touch with the pharmacist who is encapsulating mimosa.
Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine is from Hopkinton Drug 1-800-439-4441

What is everyone's experience with it?

Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sparkle - Did you order the leaves the stems or the roots?
Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

It says "herb" - I'm not sure what that is. I believe the leaves are the active component that we want to take.

They also sell the tincture but I think the whole herb is better. I dowsed it & that what was indicated for me - whole herb - not tincture.

manybites
Member # 33750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manybites         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
please keep us posted with your reactions using it .
Posts: 1379 | From disable | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am back on Mimosa Pudica since yesterday.I had taken it for 3 weeks and felt good.

Then my doc and I realized we would not be able to get it since it was being held in customs by the FDA.
I cut from 6 a day to 3 a day and slowly went down hill. And really crashed when I ran out.

I became extremely ill and saw my Md and Babs and Myco were rearing their heads BIG time. Upping ABABS.

I started Mimosa yesterday and already felt better withing a half hr. Pain down,very relaxed,no buzzing anxiety,calm more hopeful,feel more grounded and more.

Still need to knock down Babs and Myco so looking forward to feeling even better. It seems to do a lot more than kill parasites.

While I was waiting a friend bought me some from our local herbal store and it made me really toxic,I felt horrible.

I will only get it from Hopkinton Drug 800-439-4441 and my Md. You do not need a script.

I have only seen one other person have the same experience as me.I know many r or have been on it and no one has said the same.

Hope others will share their experiences. The good the bad and the ugly. For me it feels like a miracle.Blessings to it continuing [Smile]

Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Ayush Herbs in Redmond, WA. I had called them and they called me to tell that they have it again (in bulk) in stock. So probably Biopure also has some (in capsules).

Mimosa Pudica does a lot more than treat parasites, i.e. it heals the nerves. Makes sense once you understand symptoms of parasitic infections and the damage this eventually does to us.

We are now right now heading into another Full Moon when parasites start on their honeymoon to multiply and become very active (phones at doctors ring more....)

Take care.

Glad it helps you, Healing in Santa Cruz!

Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Everyone has it now as it was released from customs.My friend bought it for me for a belated Christmas B-day present,and had it over nighted:)

My Md carries it.Glad he is on top of all these things like Dr K.

All I had heard about it was that it was an
anti-parasite. So when I first started feeling good like withing a half hour after taking it I searched all over to finds info.

There is bits and pieces all over the place and interesting not much about it being for parasites.

Lots about being good for nerves,as it regenerates them, anxiety,depression anti uterine cancer,a diaretic and much more.

I would like to see a really good article on it in one place.

I love the plant and have had it many times over the yrs. Its called the Sensitive plant.My children used to love it because when u touch it it moves and closes up.

Thanks Gigi [Smile]

MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear it was released from customs. I was on the list from Hopkinton Drug so hopefully will get it soon, but not yet.
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Michael,Keep me posted how u do and what dose. [Smile]
Haley
Member # 22008

Healing in SC ... What types of symptoms does it help you with? Does it help with head stuff (headaches, cognitive issues etc..)?

I hope I didn't ask you that already.

I was going to do the Ivermectin and all the other hard core stuff, I think I'll start with this Mimosa.

Please keep posting.

Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Its helped with pain,I am calmer,buzzing vibrating body calmed down,more hopeful,clears my sinuses rt after taking it.

brain fog was better the first time I took it but
Babs and Bart for some reason reared their heads when I ran out of it so brain-fog and other symptoms r not as lifted since I had to increase A-BABS and other herbs so herxing more.

But not like I normally do.Looking forward to Babs and Myco to be knocked down and I am sure I will be feeling even better.

Hope more peeps will post their experience.One person wrote me and said they did not feel anything on it,1 other said she felt good like me,many saw no difference.

I guess its like all the things we take. Helps some and not others.

MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After quickly working up to about 8-10 capsules a day over two doses, then a break for a day or two, I seem to have settled in to 3-4 capsules once a day.

I feel like I have noticed a little digestive improvement from it. My pendulum says it is way excellent for me.

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb133
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb133     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear. I wish i could use a pendulum or some other device. I find that very interesting.
Posts: 499 | From Malta, NY | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

It's pretty easy with a little practice.

fyi-

google - how to use a pendulum

Deb133
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18544

ok I'll take a look
Spindleshanks
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spindleshanks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know about this causing fertility issues in women?

It is mentioned in a post above.

Posts: 253 | From CA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

I think there was one or 2 studies on PubMed about it with rats. Check PubMed.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement