LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Can't stop crying today....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can't stop crying today....
CherylSue
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stayed home from work. Felt just awful and flulike this morning although that has let up a bit, but I can't stop from crying.

I was like this on zith for two months this summer. I've been on biaxin pediatric doses the past 3 weeks, and now the same is happening again. I just feel overwhemled and can't cope.

I'm taking 5htp when I remember. How do I cope with the emotional stuff?

I went to a school play yesterday afternoon but had to leave 1/2 way through. The music and the voices were so loud, they were assaulting my senses and making me ill.

I've been to a therpist, but talk only helps temporarily. I feel this is mostly physiological due to lyme and company. Having to work full time also puts pressure on me.

Any suggestions? Feeling the same way I do?

Thanks.

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Cherylsue, depression and mood changes can be a side affect of (biaxin). Take a look at the site below. I hope you're feeling better!

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/biaxin-side-effects.html

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry you're feeling like this! I wish I could help.

Have you tried watching funny movies? Sometimes that can be very helpful.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimmy1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmy1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CherylSue, so sorry you're having a tough time. You are not alone. We're all with you in this deal.

You're probably right on the money in feeling it is mostly caused by the Lyme. It happens to me from time to time. That wave will come over me and I'll feel weak and dizzy, with overwhelming sadness. Yesterday it was the television, just as you described - literally assulting my senses.

Here's some suggestions that seem to help me:

My doctor has me on a low dose of sertraline to help with anxiety. I take it around noon, as most of my 'problems' seem to happen late afternoon or early evening when I'm spent. It helps.

When I'm in public, I like to have a bottle of water with me or a pack of gum. Sounds silly, but if I start feeling funky, something simple like a sip of water or chomping on gum seems to temporarily derail the sad or confused thoughts, helping me get back on track.

Our poor bodies and souls are under attack. We need to take a moment to be kind to them. Every day, we should do something we're really good at, to remind ourselves we are still 'us'. Maybe it is a hobby or art project, just a household chore for that sense of accomplishment, or maybe just putting on some makeup so we feel better about ourselves.

Do something nice for yourself today. You deserve it!

Posts: 251 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CherylSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your replies. They were helpful. I sometimes think I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder with this disease. I've had at least six relapses in the past 11 years with this disease, although it has only been diagnosed in the last four.

Last April, I had a severe relapse on abx and had to take a month off from work. I returned part time every other day until June, and then had a few months off. My mother had a massive storke the day I returned in May. We almost lost her, and in a sense we did because she now is in a skilled nursing home on a feeding tube and seldom talks. That, and another emotional situation, plus the medicines sent me over the edge.

I've struggled with all this when I returned to work full time in August, and sometimes it seems overwhelming. I actually have a beautiful life except for this Lyme Disease. But the fear is paralyzing that I am going to relapse again and suffer the same agonizing symptoms of insomnia, sickness, cognitive dysfunction, etc.

There, that's it in a nutshell. The one good think about work, is that it directs my attention from myself. Now, I wish I hadn't taken the day off, but felt so ill...

Posts: 1954 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am with you Cheryl. I have tears in my eyes as I read this.

My lyme was triggered by the Gardasil vaccine. As well as a host of other problems. Over night my life changed. I am only 25.

I have a wonderful life. A great boyfriend of 5 years who i live with. We were on track to get married b4 I got sick. We travled the world together. I had not a care in the wolrd but when I our next adventure would me. I guess you could say I took life for granted.

I am sad bc I stuck treating this and not living my life like my friends. I am able to work full time but not doing what I want to do. I had to pull out of my masters I am 3 credits short of getting my masters.

I have become obessed with lyme disease. I am 70% most days which is pretty good. My drs. see great progress.

I am just so scared of relapsing. Or never getting better. Or scared of having childern its all of that what ifs. i am even scared of medicine.

I started to see a physcologist who, is well aware of lyme and its manifestations in the mind. However, I am bringing alot of anxiety and depression on myself.

she said that I have basically went through a trama. We are going to be starting a technique they use on post tramatic stress victims.

She said how will you know if you are better if you are always worried and obbessing about lyme disease.

I find myself even when i feel like my old self I do have momments I wonder why am I not worrying. Or why do I feel like this.

I have become stuck in panic mode. Yes lyme can cause anxiety and depression dont get me wrong. however.we cant blame everything on it. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies.

Dont get me wrong this board is great and I dont know what I would do without it. However, this disease has become an unhealthy obession for me.

--------------------
Lyme activated in April 2010 by gardasil vaccine.
DX: Lyme,Babs,Myco,Bart 11/10
Treatment Started: 3/28/11

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CherylSue,

Yes, the emotional stuff is another layer of what we experience with lyme and co. I can certainly relate to what you're talking about.

Hypersensitivity to stimulation, like sound, light, large stores, people, people's energy, etc., make it difficult to feel or act "normal."

I think anti-anxiety medication could help. There are times when I think I should have had some.

Also, detox is so important. Try taking a hot epsom salts bath before bed.

Sometimes I use Rescue Remedy, it's a Bach Flower Remedy in a tincture. It has alcohol in it, so instead of ingesting it, I just put a few drops on my wrist and rub it in with my other wrist. It can help lower my feelings of being overwhelmed, or anxious, crying, irritability.

There is another remedy, Yarrow Environmental Solution, from a company called Flower Essences. It helps with calming environmental influences for people who have:

� chemical sensitivities, or other forms of immune dysfunction

� extreme stress

� For those with pronounced sensitivity, which is especially affected when traveling, in large crowds of people or similar taxing situations.

� As a general tonic and strengthener to help the individual to meet harsh technological and environmental challenges in the modern world.

Sometimes it's important to recognize our limitations, and acknowledge that there are certain situations that we should try to avoid being in, as we navigate through illness and treatment.

And I agree with the ideas jimmy1 suggested, too. I needed a reminder as well!

Best wishes.

Posts: 873 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gatorade girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gatorade girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hugs to CherylSue. I have all your symptoms. I just want send my support . You are not alone.

--------------------
gatorade girl

"I still have Mt.Everest to climb, but I have traveled across the world and arrived at the mountain".

Posts: 633 | From baltimore | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CherylSue, I'm no shrink, but I've watched a lot of "Dr. Phil." His suggestions for fears are to play them out, i.e., what is the worst thing that will happen if you relapse? Break down each condition that could come up, and answer for yourself how you would deal with each one.

For example, if you get insomnia, perhaps some melatonin or weight lifting (exercise to keep it at bay).

If you don't know or remember how to deal with each of them as they come up, this website is the best place for understanding and advice I've found.

When I'm down about this disease, I weight lift (light weights). It really helps. Also, I LOVE "The Simpsons" every night, as well as Seinfeld, or Southpark. Stay away from the news, and watch some nature when you can.

Right now, I have some horrible vertigo. Just came on me overnight. It's odd, because I was just giving someone on this website some advice about vertigo (ha ha). I refuse to let it bring me down. I know what it takes to get rid of it.

Go out and buy yourself some flowers today at the store(always cheers me up), and hang in there! You're not alone. [Smile]

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Catgirl wonderful words of advice!

Hugs to all of you who are fighting this battle.

Must think postive!

--------------------

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Catgirl wonderful words of advice!

Hugs to all of you who are fighting this battle.

Must think postive!

--------------------

CherylSue
Member # 13077

Thanks again for your wonderful replies. Just had another bout of the jags.

Tricia, I'd be interested in the post trauma techniques you will be doing.

I love to walk, but that brings along a relapse.(I have mycoplasma)

I do TIVO my favorite shows, The Mentalist, Csstle, and Revenge. I watch them on the weekend.

And I do obsess, and that is one of my problems. Certainly, about Lyme or situations at work.

Thanks for your suggestions. Your support and words of comfort were uplifting.
Hugs,
CherylSue

JenniferMN
Member # 29920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JenniferMN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CherylSue...

Do you have a Lyme support group in your area that you can go to & talk to others w/ Lyme, IN PERSON?

If it were not for the Minnesota Lyme Assoc, I never would've even known how to get properly tested (by IGeneX) or found my LLMD. I attend the monthly MN Lyme Assoc meetings RELIGIOUSLY for the information & support that other Lyme patients can give me. It helps that it is IN PERSON.
I know EXACTLY how you feel about all of this total insanity!

Posts: 83 | From Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Jennifer, there's none that I know of in my vicinity, but thanks for the suggestion. Anxiety and depression seem to be a common theme in this disease. I hope once it's under control, I will feel differently.
tricia386
Member # 29623

Cheryl-
Walking causes Myco to relapse?

--------------------

lymielauren28
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in a relapse as well and it has involved a lot of mental/emotional stuff. I can't stop crying either. I have cried on and off (mostly on) for almost a week now. Over nothing. My poor eyeballs feel like they're about to fall out of my head:) Hang in there and know you're not alone...

--------------------
"The only way out is through"

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Dr. B. says that mycoplasma is the chronic fatigue germ, and I seem to recall my LLMD saying that. Exertion makes it worse.

Gee, this spring I was taking nightly walks with hubby around the neighborhood. By April, I was toast. Boy, was I sorry I pushed myself, but my CD57 was 125 then. I guess I still had coinfection issues.

Lauren, I know exactly how you feel. Hugs to all who are going through this....the gloomy weather here isn't helping either.

I'm stepping up the 5HTP hoping that will help with mood.

Catgirl, how's your vertigo? Did it die down? Hope you are feeling better.

ktkdommer
Member # 29020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ktkdommer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about trying SAM-E. It is all natural and sold at Cosco and Rite Aid. I actually purchase for my son through Swanson's online. He takes 400 mgs once a day on an empty stomach. His doc recommended lithium oratate when we were there on Friday. He is already on Effexor but I think the weather change is bringing out the blah.

It has been a long road for you that is for sure. I hope things get better for you soon.

I have had to limit my "Lyme" time per day or I go overboard. I need to have a better balance in my life that is healthy.

--------------------
Things are never dull. After 3 fighting Lyme, 2 are in remission. Youngest is still sick, age 22. He has new diagnosed Chiari Malformation and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.

Posts: 1366 | From Perrysburg, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CherylSue, I completely know how you feel. It's such a sad and difficult place to be. My heart goes out to you. I am having a particularly difficult time myself..... just got much worse since starting Alinia yesterday (OMG). So hard to be me right now.

You are not alone. You are safe here. It's such a big help, isn't it? having a place like this to come and share, and where we really "get" each other. Sending positive thoughts your way.

My best,
Tammy

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel for you and am sorry you are going through this... But when it has you so tired, or sick, or in pain , or feeling like being in a ball /fetal position in a dim room,,,,ALL THE TIME ,.How do you have a no Lyme moment, except for husband taking me to doctors ,I've been in the house since mid-Aug. Talk about crying....

Is this something you've been able to work through or have you always been able to get out and about???

Are you on treatments that let you function or you've just have been blessed with having been able to fight this???

Is this your first time on this med?/ I hate to sound out there..BUT It's at /close full moon and I can usually tell because of how my emotion's are. Then look outside and say oh ya>

I know goofy but it happens.. Lot's of times when I feel weepy, often, I'll ask for just something warm/hot to drink. It settles me down a bit. [group hug] [hi] Nonna

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fuel1212
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fuel1212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CherylSue - Did you have these feelings before 5HTP?

Also, I would highly recommend Lithium Orotate. This really takes the edge off and changes your mood.

Your Dr. has this in his office and it goes a long way...

Also, not sure if this matters but, Biaxin gave me major anxiety as well as other weird symptoms.

Prayers for you
Fuel

--------------------
IgM- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgM- 41+

IgG- 31,34,39,83-93 IND
IgG- 41++

Posts: 610 | From Lymeville | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a hug Cherylsue. ((((((Cherylsue))))))
Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are not alone, obviously. I find it can either be hormonal, medical (reaction to a medication), or simply toxins on the brain that need to come out by way of tears.
Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
searching4truth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for searching4truth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CherylSue, I apologize for not reading the entire thread, it is late and I am tired, but want to respond to your post. It sounds to me like you are herxing. The flu like symptoms and uncontrollable crying are my tell tale signs of a herx for me. And the fact that it is 3 weeks since you started a new antibiotic. What are you doing for detoxing? Feel free to pm me if you need ideas on how to detox. I am not sure how long you have been treating, so please don't be offended if you already know this.
Posts: 427 | From Pacific Northwest | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry you are having a hard time. I had trouble with Biaxin too when I first started. Keep detoxing and see if that works.

I have this symptom too when I am really bad. It is so horrible becasue you feel so helpless.

Prayers that you will feel better soon.

Posts: 323 | From Michigan | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanielleMC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanielleMC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You most certainly are not alone... I feel the same way, daily. Hope you feel better.

--------------------
7/09- WB IGG Neg all bands -WB IGM Pos bands 23 & 41.
Treated w/ 21 days of Doxy.
10/09- WB IGG Pos bands 41 & 58 -WB IGM Pos bands 23 & 41.
04/11- WB IGG Pos band 66 -WB IGM Pos bands 23 & 41 Pos EBV.

Posts: 121 | From Western PA | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CherylSue
Member # 13077

Thanks, gals, for your well wishes. I'm back to work today. The mornings are always rough. Feeling a little better this afternoon.

I suspect it's the biaxin, disease, herxing, and emotional struggles that I'm facing. Feeling flulike and tired just makes everything worse.

Your support and encouragement means a lot to me. I hope we all feel better soon, very soon!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement