LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » mold illness

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: mold illness
ImSoTired
Member # 34591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ImSoTired   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how do I know if I am so symptomatic due to lyme or mold....i feel like Im going crazy.

Nuero symptoms....Severe back issues the back freezes up in knots numbness tons of stuff.

to be honest I also suspect mold in my apartment complex

doc says lyme and I thin mold.

I need help....its getting so severe

is there successful treatment if it is mold and what is the testing and what is the treatment

HELP

--------------------
imsotired

Posts: 16 | From none | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you done an ERMI test? I am still a newbie in this mold territory so I'm sorry I can't tell you much more other than mold symptoms are very similar with many lyme symptoms..

Go to Survingmold.com and there's a list of mold illness symptoms.

Can you have your LLMD do the HLA-DR4 test?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI- just something I was reading today...

http://www.betterhealthguy.com/joomla/blog/242-a-deep-look-beyond-lyme

Dr. K - Mold

�Americans have an unusual building situation. We have wood-framed structures with a plastic bag wrapped around it. This is the perfect environment for breeding mold. In fact, this is essentially what they do in mold labs to create more mold. We create homes like a mold-growing culture setup.

�When two mold cultures were separated in a research experiment and one was exposed to EMF while the other was not, the one exposed to EMF had 600 times more toxic biotoxins and its growth rate was dozens of times faster.

�It may be the case that EMF itself may not harm our body's cells, but it may impact the microbes within us which results in more biotoxins.

�Molds create biotoxins (mycotoxins) to defend themselves.

�Most patients have Aspergillus.

�Myrrh may be helpful in raising MSH when used in a diffuser.

�People with mold issues often have a negative reaction to DMSA; though this can also be related to sulfa.

�Actos turns on PPAR gamma receptor. Each cell has similar organs to our body; a liver for detox for example. The more peroxisomes the better. Actos turns on receptors that signal to more peroxisomes which makes the cell detoxify better. Chlorella does this better than Actos.

�Chlorella does what Cholestyramine does, but better. God put Actos and Cholestyramine together in one substance called chlorella. High dose of chlorella is better than low dose. Low doses tend to mobilize more than they bind. Higher doses bind more than they mobilize. 20 tablets three times a day 30 minutes before a meal.

•Fish oil in high doses turns on PPAR gamma receptor. Chlorella + Fish oil can be a very powerful combination.

�Even mold exposure in a short car ride is enough to re-trigger the negative cycle.

�Dr. Shoemaker is a "genius".

�TGF-b1 leads to remodeling of the blood vessels. It can lead to a fibrotic lung.

�The intelligence of normal bacteria to that of mold is like that of a cabbage to an elephant. Molds are far more critical than bacteria. Parasites are elephants squared.

�Molds incorporate heavy metals to protect themselves from white blood cells. The white blood cells are killed by mercury, but the molds are not.

�MSH is a hypothalamic peptide which is involved in cytokine release. Low levels are associated to mold, MARCoNS (staph), EMF, and Lyme.

�MSH may be increased with inhalation of Myrrh oil using a diffuser (not a nebulizer). It may give back energy. Dramatically raises MSH. Forget ATP, CoQ10, glutathione, etc. Bring up MSH and you see a miracle. Tincture of myrrh is a good antimicrobial as well.

�ADH is involved in the reabsorption of water. With chronic Lyme or mold, the pituitary is affected and the body may not make enough ADH. When you stand up and lack ADH, the kidneys may physically slip downward. When people get lots of electric shocks when touching things, this may be an indicator that ADH is low. There is an RX ADH nasal spray available. 1 liter of water mixed with 2-3 tablespoons of Matrix Electrolytes, 1 capful of M-Water, and 2 tablespoons of Matrix Minerals can help here. Neural therapy may be used. Reducing EMFs and getting restorative sleep is critical.

�VIP regulates blood flow and inflammatory response. When shaking hands with someone and putting your other hand behind their neck, if both are cold, this may represent thyroid issues. If the hands are cold and the neck is warm, this may represent a microcirculation issue or a lack of VIP. Post exercise fatigue may be a lack of VIP. When colors look funny or floaters in the eyes are present, this may be another indicator towards low VIP. There is a nasal VIP spray that can be used to address low VIP using 1 spray 4 times per day in each nostril. Before going this route, one must address mold at home and in the work environment. Sinus flush, removal of amalgams, neural therapy, auto-urine therapy, EMF reduction, and sleep restoration are important here. When VIP is low, it is difficult to mediate, pray, or connect with the Divine.

�MMP-9 will be normal once a patient has gone through treatment. It is zinc dependent. MMP-9 is a mechanism that is used by the bugs to "mush you up so that they can drink you rather than eat you". If someone is given zinc when MMP-9 is already elevated, the tissue breakdown will be even worse. High MMP-9 rapidly ages patients. Consider interference fields such as scars, teeth, root canals, sinus infections. Reduce EMFs. Nanoized Curcumin with pepper at 350mg twice a day may help. Life Enhancement has a good option here. An important note here is that if MMP-9 is elevated, KPU treatment with zinc may make matters worse. Ensure MMP-9 is normalized before adding zinc.

�Liposomal Alpha Lipoic Acid may be useful for mycotoxins. Making it liposomal will increase absorption before it gets to the gut where the bugs will use it for protection. 2 dropperfuls three times a day. BioPure carries a liposomal ALA here.

** edited to remove doctor's name **

[ 11-08-2011, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhitneyS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhitneyS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a blood test!

Get the Shoemaker panel and it will measure mold toxins in your blood.

Posts: 844 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think toxic metals - it is a problem way before Lyme and mold became one. Microorganisms like that toxic terrain -- it assures their survival.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had high levels of mercury, lead and other metals. We did the HPU protocol for 4 months with no improvement in symptoms, even though toxic metals were decreasing considerably.

That's when we looked into mold.

All things must be considered... we are all individual toxic soups.

Do you want to test yourself or your apartment?

I couldn't get a doctor to test me, so I tested my house.

I can refer you to a lab where you can mail your urine and they will test for mycotoxins - the deadly toxins that mold produce. You can also test clothing or a cloth from your home if you would rather.

PM me if you want more info. I will do whatever I can to help. I have gone through the discovery of mold and may be able to shorten the learning curve.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhitneyS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhitneyS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Lyme mom,
I am waiting for my Shoemaker panel to come back and my perscription of Sporanax to possibly address mold issues. Its just suggested at this point in treatment since I seem to be one of those patients where there is "something missing".

Would you mind letting me know what your mold treatment looked like?

I am not in a situation where there is mold in my apartment-- I've lived in 5 different places the last 3 years, and my apartment is newly constructed....so I dont think i am currently being exposed, if that helps you...

Posts: 844 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CountryMouse
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CountryMouse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If not mold, something else to consider. Once I got my Lyme diagnosis, I had realized I suffered from back and neck pain that came and went. Thought about it and realized that it seems to correlate with Lyme flares. My doc tested my magnesium and it was low, so I started taking it and within a few days my pains were gone. I just went off it for a week to see if I still needed it, and after that week I had neck pain again. Needless to say, I started the mag again and feel much better.

I think Lyme uses magnesium for biofilms. Someone else may know more than I do about that. So it may be that us Lymies are chronically deficient, after all the bugs are going to get what they need and we get what's left. Try taking some magnesium - start low and work up slowly to be sure you don't get diarrhea from it - and see if your pain lessens.

Good luck, hope it isn't mold.

--------------------
Country Mouse

6/2011 IgX:
IGG: 31 IND, 41+++, 45+, 58+
IGM: 31+, 39 IND, 41 IND, 83-93 IND
Band 31 confirmed to be Lyme epitope by Igenex 7/2011

8/2011 IgX: POSITIVE
IGG: 31+, 34 IND, 39 IND, 41++, 45+, 58+
IGM: 31+, 34 IND, 39 IND, 41++, 83-93+

Posts: 169 | From Western Mass | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD put me on LiverLife from BioRay Naturals, cholestyramine light (no sugar), diflucan and nystatin. I started each a couple of days apart.

I stayed on that protocol for 6 weeks. I was also doing VSL#3-DS, and many supplements for HPU and Lyme. (I also take magnesium)

On my 6 week follow up appt. we got rid of the nystatin and diflucan, added NDF Plus (BioRay) and added grapefruit seed extract, garlic, and a product called kolorex http://kolorex.com

3 months later he added some herbs from Stephen Buhner's "Healing Lyme" We started with Japanese knotweed, then cat�s claw, then eleutherococcus, and then added in andrographis.

I am still taking the LiverLife, NDF Plus, Grapefruit seed extract, coconut oil, garlic, kolorex, and when I have a mold exposure, I take cholestyramine. My choice binder, before meals is apple pectin or zeolite.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement