LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Back On Me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Back On Me
luke339
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8580

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luke339     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone, it's been years since I was last on this board but it looks like I'm back and so are some of my symptoms.

A few things have changed:

1. I am now 36, boy does time fly
2. I no longer have a GF, I broke up with her once I was feeling better and after she and her family told me it was all in my head for the 100th time
3. Weaned off klonopin 1 mg a day down to .5 mg a day (very rough ride there and I am not sure if that is the cause of all my symptoms coming back)
4. I would get sick with a sinus infection/chest infection for the past 2 years at least every 3-4 months and fought it with abx everytime and got better.

Long story short a lot of my symptoms came back out of the blue about 3 weeks ago (gradually). First noticed a swallowing problem increase, my hyoid bone stated to pop when I swallowed more noticeably, it pops every 1 out of 3 swallows. I chalked it up to the benzo withdrawl.

Next thing that popped up was weakness in my left side jaw and neck muscles (felt like my jaw was just hanging there). Have gone to ears nose throat doc and he came to the conclusion that some of my tendons have calcified so its more difficult to swallow. Hard to believe seeing that happened pretty quick.

I noticed some flashing in my eyes, little flashes maybe 5 times a day, nothing crazy but still try googling flashes and flaoters, scares the sh*t out of you. Went to a retinal surgeon and he told me that I am a higher risk for problems with my eyes now and that I need to start taking special vitamins to help with the eyes.

My true issues are:
- swallowing feels weird and hyoid pops on left side
- neck gets sore after only a few hours of sitting upright, the pressure pain goes all the way down my spine but most of the pain is in my neck right where the bottom of the neck meets the spine
- head pressure, ended up in emergency room over weekend with extreme head pressure, they performed a CT scan and somehow they told me the scan showed pressure on the left side of my brain looking like i hit my head, I didn't it my head
- extreme headaches in the top of my head (i think from the neck pressure but i am not doctor)
- left should looseness and pain on the left side of my back (again feels like pressure pain)

The only thing that helps this go away is vicodin and .5 miligrams of klonopin then the problems subside a bit but they are there in the background for which i just started taking on Saturday. I have been off lyme treatment for years (since 2008).

One last thing I was on leviquin recently to fight an infection for 7 days and right after that abx round (3 weeks ago).

I read my old posts and it seems like the same symptoms back on me, there obviously has to be something here that I am battling.

Has anyone had symtoms come back on them after feeling 80% back to normal? I thought I was better but now I am back in search of help.

Any good docs in LA anymore? Doctor H doesn't come to malibu anymore so its tough to find a good LLMD around here.

Thanks everyone.

Posts: 167 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post 
Luke! Welcome back! Kinda sort of! Sorry we have to meet this way.

It is past midnight and I've already turned into a pumpkin, so I won't try to answer with details (lucky you!).

Just saying hey for now and hoping the early birds will help you out in the morning!

While you are waiting for replies, why not post in Seeking a Doctor section to see if you can find out who is there in your area now that might be able to see you.

Here is a list of some of the tick/vector borne diseases. We've added a couple since you've been away... just to make life more interesting.

https://sites.google.com/site/marylandlyme/tick-borne-diseases

Now, it is off to bed or off with my head. I hope YOU are feeling better soon, Luke!

Or shall I say...

Soon. You will feel better. The force be with you.

Obee wan Kanobee.

[Big Grin]

(Yes, it is WAY past my bed time! HA!)

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Luke.
I found you on another board many years ago and thought your symptoms looked like Lyme.
I'm so sorry to hear that you've been feeling worse again.

I found some information on tendons calcifying.
http://www.tendonitisexpert.com/calcific-tendonitis.html

One of the things that can help this is magnesium.
Lyme disease causes low magnesium, so we may need to supplement.

Some other observations about your symptoms.
Frequent sinus infections indicate too much fibrin in the blood.
High fibrin happens when the body is fighting a systemic infection like Lyme.
You can reduce this with systemic enzymes.
Do you want more information?

If you've been taking antibiotics, you've been killing the good bacteria in the intestines.
This may cause some nutritional deficits, as these bacteria are vital to our digestion and also make some of our vitamins.

You may need to do some things to improve the gut.

Which product did the retinal surgeon recommend for your eyes?
A strong antioxidant like good quality mangosteen juice may help too.

Reducing the inflammation that happens with Lyme can reduce many symptoms.
You can do this with antioxidants, systemic enzymes, liver support, and LED light therapy.
Magnesium and pharmaceutical quality fish oil are important ways to reduce inflammation.

If you want more information, I'll be happy to help.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luke339
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8580

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luke339     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Carol, I take tons of supplements and very good antioxidants, been taking them for at least 6 months religiously.

I posted looking for a doc in LA and no responses. I just want to figure this out, I can't imagine this is happening all over again with no trigger.

I am angry now about this whole thing seeing I have been so healthy, I even quit drinking 9 months ago and I get sick again? Makes no sense.

Posts: 167 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey Luke!! [hi] I'm combining your nearly identical posts so it's easier for people to help you.

Closing this one down....

To help Luke, please reply here:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/112540?#000002

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement