LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What has been your experience with LLNDs?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What has been your experience with LLNDs?
TxLymie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxLymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got referred to an LLND in my area that I didn't even know was here! I've been thinking of seeing her. Can others share your experience with LLNDs? I haven't tried this yet but have been thinking for some time that I need to see a different doctor and try something different. I've not been tested for heavy metals but I feel this may be a big problem with me. LLNDs do this right?

Also if you know of any LLNDs in the Texas area that are good, can you PM me. Thanks

--------------------
TxLymie
IgG-Negative
IgM - Postive bands 23 and 41

Other dx: 2000: Endometriosis 2009: Chronic EBV, Mycoplasma infection, HHV6, H.pylori

Posts: 297 | From Houston | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susieq2
Member # 30451

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susieq2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here in WA state, naturopaths are able to prescribe medications and order lab tests just like an M.D., with the exception of narcotics. I don't think this is the case in a lot of the other states. I think in Texas, they can't prescribe (but I'm not sure on that). If you want to go all herbal with no medications, then it might work for you. The doctor we see at Dr. K's clinic in ** WA is a naturopath and she's great. She does prescribe medications for us though.
**edited city**

[ 11-09-2011, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

Posts: 59 | From Seattle WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think in Texas, they can only do some things, no abx or other prescriptions. So it would be all natural stuff.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Not all NDs address heavy metals.

Call and ask first. Most importantly, be sure the ND is really LL and ILADS-educated. Lyme changes a lot about how the body works (or doesn't) so, even if they are expert in heavy metal detox, it's important they know about lyme.

Ask at the area support groups for others' experiences, etc.

Often, you can have a very short phone conversation beforehand just to get a sense of the scope of their experience to see if it might be a good fit.

You can get a sense of the range covered by NDs here:

----------------------------

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/2/13964

How to find an ILADS-educated LL:

N.D. (Naturopathic Doctor);

L.Ac. (Acupuncturist);

D.Ay. (Doctor of Ayurvedic Medicine);

D.O.M. (Doctor of Oriental Medicine);

Holistic M.D., etc.

Links to many articles and books by holistic-minded LL doctors of various degrees.

You can compare and contrast many approaches.

BASIC HERBAL EDUCATIONAL links, and

BODY WORK links with safety tailored to lyme patients,

RIFE technology links here, too.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
One of the LLMDs who spoke at the recent ILADS conference had wonderful success with treatment here. It may seem like their focus is more on environmental illness (but that is often cause by heavy metals).

I've followed this doctor's work for many years and it certainly seems like they are the very best at what they do. I've often wished I could go there for treatment as, of those who have, many have improved significantly regarding toxicity issues.

There may also be doctors in your area who have been trained here:
-------------

http://www.ehcd.com/

The Environmental Health Center - Dallas, Texas

=============================================

Work of that clinic is discussed here. A DVD of the presentation can be ordered here:

http://ilads.org/ilads_media/lyme-disease-videos/

Identifying Environmental Illness and Mold Exposure in Patients with Persistent Lyme Disease.

More detail: http://lisanagy.com

---------------

TF�s notes from the live video stream:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=112279;p=0

---------------

Viva's notes:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=112248;p=0
-

[ 11-09-2011, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard1062
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard1062     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TxLymie,

We like our LLND a lot. She's a member of ILADS, very helpful and knowledgeable. In our state she cannot prescribe, so works in coordination with our MD. You can always give yours a try before you decide.

Posts: 228 | From Mass. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gagamooppop
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gagamooppop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am very grateful for my LLND as she was the first doctor out of all the ones I had been to previously that said I wasn't crazy and it sounds like a clear cut case of Lyme...

Sentimental feelings aside she has great knowledge of the disease and along with treating me naturally also recommends antibiotics.

But as Richard1062 mentioned...as she can not prescribe in my state she tells me what I should try and I discuss it with my pcp and they prescribe it for me.

Also going to see a LLMD but as I was waiting to get an apt with one I started reaching out to other doctors to start treatment sooner. Seeing an LLMD in a few weeks...

Posts: 183 | From ... | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susank
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am planning on seeing the LLND as soon as I can. I am waiting for the IVIG to get out of my system and to be off Abx a few weeks/months before seeing her.

I am sure her treatment plan will include supplements - really I have no idea what to expect. Without Abx - what do LLND's usually prescribe? Cost? I am hoping I can afford this - but I know I cannot afford not do to this.

As much as I dislike IVIG - I can feel that I am actually worse without it. I am fading day by day. I assume that I will go back on IVIG - but wonder if others have followed a LLND's protocol and contined on with IVIG? Until hopefully/maybe the IVIG might not be needed?

I assume LLND's focus on detoxing. IVIG and detoxing at the same time OK?

I wish I could get a small sample of IVIG for ART testing. As if.

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement