LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Extremely sore foot soles???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Extremely sore foot soles???
DanielleMC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanielleMC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know i could do research and prob find out if this is from a coinfection, but im tired and thought this would be easier. (sorry)

My bottoms of my feet hurt SO bad. I sit at a desk all day, so am not on ,y feet. Right now they feel like they are on fire and been hit by a hammer repeatedly. But the burning sensation?

I am just starting to learn about coinfections so havent gotten very far in my learning yet. Thanks in advance.

--------------------
7/09- WB IGG Neg all bands -WB IGM Pos bands 23 & 41.
Treated w/ 21 days of Doxy.
10/09- WB IGG Pos bands 41 & 58 -WB IGM Pos bands 23 & 41.
04/11- WB IGG Pos band 66 -WB IGM Pos bands 23 & 41 Pos EBV.

Posts: 121 | From Western PA | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoops123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18333

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoops123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you been tested for coinfections? Could well be bartonella.
Posts: 749 | From State full of ticks | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bartonella Baby!

I've seen people have it so bad they had to go down the steps in the morning one at a time on their butts cause the bottoms of their feet hurt so bad.

Hope you get relief soon!

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanielleMC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanielleMC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noni have not been tested for coinfections. Right now is the worst its ever been! I am a very very cold person moat of the time and would normally have socks on right now with a blanket on me. I have no socks on and feet sticking out of blanket. They just feel like they are literally on fire! Looks like no sleep for me tonight. Thanks def gonna let my llmd know .

--------------------

Posts: 121 | From Western PA | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Burning pain in the feet might be neuropathy, or nerve damage.
This may be due to low vitamin B12 or other B's.

Are you taking a good quality B complex?

My doctor refused to prescribe B12 injections for me, so I began trying out different brands of sublingual B12.
I've since used several that had lots of good reviews at iHerb.com.

Bart's a bi#ch to get rid of, but it's easy to try B12 and see if that helps at all.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
showmemom
Member # 34213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for showmemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bartonella! Ds's feet were so bad, especially first thing in the morning.

If you have a doc, ask for Rifampin, 600 mg per day, ASAP.

Posts: 55 | From Missouri | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanielleMC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22997

Carol, yes I am taking a B complex.

I see my LLMD next on Nov 30th and am def going to tell him. They are feeling a little better today, but still not "normal" (do any of us even know waht that is anymore)? lol

But I don't want to have Bartonella!! (sticking my bottom lip out with arms crossed) usually works for my 4 year old!!

--------------------

Harmony
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harmony     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Better you know what it is, though, than be "diagnosed" with anxiety disorders etc. later.

Bart can do a number on your brain as well as feet.. so the clear signal in the feet may be a blessing in disguise

and good for you for having found LymeNet and asking the right questions

good luck!

hey, if you wanna be childish, let's have a race: I bet I can get rid of my Bart before you can get rid of yours, double-dog dare 'ya!

--------------------
Persistence, persistence, persistence!!!
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence...
Persistence and determination are omnipotent."
attributed to Calvin Coolidge

Posts: 599 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yes, big time. pain so bad i hop in the morning getting out of bed.

also the soles of my feet are dark dark red.

doc said it was poor circulation but i think it's bart.

man they hurt.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having cold extremities is another symptom of bart. The sore feet is so classic. Get treatment before you experience the mental irritation/rage and the depersonalization. It is the pits.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bellis
Member # 34753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bellis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I'm a newbie here, but I recently just went through the same thing with my feet.

I was recently diagnosed with RMSF after receiving a Flu shot (apparently the two don't mix well). I've had ongoing issues for 2 years now.

Anyhow after having my flareup or whatever, it was the worst one yet, and my feet turned so dark red they were almost a purple color and I dreaded walking to the mailbox even. Finger tips also went through the same thing.

I don't know if this was a co-infection or what but my PCP (still waiting for LLMD appointment) prescribed 20 days worth of doxycycline and my feet started getting better on about the 11th day and I noticed Epson salt baths helped them a bunch when the water was really hot.

Posts: 3 | From Tulsa, Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, bartonella. I felt like the bottoms of my feet were burnt. Each step was total agony.

A friend was continually waked up at night with burning feet. She said putting vinegar on them gave her some relief. But, B-12 shots took care of her problem and it stopped happening.

Read pages 24-25 for confirmation and the complete list of bart symptoms:

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bartonella, but can also be sluggish lympahtic system.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanielleMC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22997

Yes i do wanna be childish harmony! Lol, so its on! Hehe

Didnt know it would do all that to the brain! I will def check with my doc... See now as im sitting here, my feet are cold, freezing, but hurt on my soles as if i walked 20 miles today. Just not hot now... Wierd.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement