LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » ART testing...what is it, does it work?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ART testing...what is it, does it work?
TxLymie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxLymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just starting to read about this since I am considering going to a naturopathic doctor. Don't know much about it. Curious if anyone here has done this...is it accurate, did it help?

--------------------
TxLymie
IgG-Negative
IgM - Postive bands 23 and 41

Other dx: 2000: Endometriosis 2009: Chronic EBV, Mycoplasma infection, HHV6, H.pylori

Posts: 297 | From Houston | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Several have ...If you mean the muscle testing....I've had it done maybe 6 times ,with 3 different doc's.. Still not sure..

But they can certainly show you how week your arm gets when you ask them to show you if things actually change during testing.

Some of the stuff I stayed with, but very little. You're body changes all the time and so does what it needs or doesn't need.

There are some here who learned to do it on themselves... That was new to me and I haven't found out how they learned it yet.

Hope all goes well with it. '
When did you actually find out you have Lyme? I didn't see it on your list.. But I tend to not catch reading well for about 6 months,

Another newbe for this Buggy=bug, [confused] [Roll Eyes] [dizzy] Nonna

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ART - Autonomic Response testing usually uses a third person and is different, a more sophisticated form of testing than someone using your arm.

It is testing for "right now" and as noona05 stated, things change, daily - hourly. It is good to learn to test yourself if you can. I use a biontensor.

I have found ART to be extremely accurate. Having said that, my doc has been at it for a very long time which makes a difference imo.

Here is a link:

http://www.chunginstitute.com/Chung_Institute_site/Autonomic_Response_Testing.html

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Use it myself, extremely helpful, would be lost in this difficult fight without it, it's a critical skill.
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how did you learn it??????????
Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a local health care practitioner I was seeing regularly give me some coaching on this as I kept trying. It took me many months to learn it. Still it was worthwhile. I hear and know that for some people it is very easy to learn, some can learn it in 15 minutes.

Many acupuncturists are skilled at this, and for those interested in learning, finding an acupuncturist who has a mindset of wanting to help people learn would likely be an excellent way to go about it.

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlp38     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do believe in muscle testing. But here's my question - just because you test for a supplement or a drug, does that mean your body can handle the fallout from it? My first appt with an ART LLMD, he put me on doxy, 300mg for a month. It made me so much worse. I expected a herx, but I didn't expect to stay that bad. And the doctor didn't expect that either. So the next appt, he prescribed about 4 or 5 different, much stronger drugs. I filled the scripts but couldn't get myself to take any of the pills. The only thing that gets me back to that pre-doxy state has been IVs of vit C and/or peroxide. So if I muscle tested positive for the doxy, why did it make me so much worse? Not enough detox? He also gave me detox remedies, but maybe not enough?
Posts: 707 | From Colorado | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

So many times I feel that following the energy testing an avoiding or limiting pills has helped me avoid bad fallout from things. But, I have had a couple instances where energy testing said to take the thing and then, in some ways, things got a lot messier and took a while to get back to where things were.

I really don't have a good answer on that. Still things were better off versus not taking it? Just a mistake? Really hard to know.

In your case, though, again, energy testing is at the moment. To trust a test that you should take it for a month and assume it would be good for all that month, is a stretch of what energy testing can really do.

Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Energy tests don't tell much about the future. only the present. If you take a drug, it will have side effects. Herxes for example. Unless the herx starts, the muscle test can't really predict what will happen to your body.

That is why the best is to test EVERY DAY. Every day, believe me or not, your body changes and needs different treatments. Not totally differnt, but for example, more magnesium in a day, less in another. Loads of chlorella in a day, normal amount in the next.

One day you don't need killers or the type of killer you take is not working as well, so you need to add another. Or when one infection goes next to dormant or low profile, another shows up, then you need again to diminish on first killers, and add the second killer that you never took before.

Since you start on the second killer, herxes change because the toxins are different.

Then you take somethign for a parasite in your liver and realize, it is not working. When you muscle test: is this remedy reaching my liver? Answer no. So you need to do something for the liver to get unblocked. Before you take the substance, muscle tests can't say if it will reach the area or not.

And, own experience, once you start a new product, herb, chemical, whatever, you got to test if all your main organs will accept this. It is in the future, so not very precise, but it gives you a guide. So I test stomach, GI tract, liver kidney, for example. If one says, 'no', I either don't take or take in small amounts until I see what it will do.

But the testing for the future works much LESS than the testing for the present.

That is why dr. K. insists in saygin muscle tests are 80% right if done by a good practioner. Another reason for the 20% failure, is for the answers that are borderline. WE all know that pathogens come and go, when we take right remedies, one goes dormant, another comes up on its place.

Imagine that you are testing exactly at the transition from one infection to another. Sometimes you will get: bartonella active, borrelia not, then suddenly, borrelia active, bartonella not.

Borderline questions have borderline answers. When you REALLY need a product or treatment, it usually works well. When you only need something moderately, the intensity of the answers are smaller.

That will be a big hint for an experienced person, as we can really feel the difference of muscle tone. But for the beginner, who only reads yes or no, it makes no difference though...

Having said all that, I had bad results with allergies. When the body is in panic because of a big allergen, it won't tell me immediately that the body is allergic to that allergen. Only with BIG allergies, so far, I had that problem.

The tests are guidelines. You got to tune in after, in my opinion, specially in the relation between killers-mop up agents.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlp38     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks both of you.
Posts: 707 | From Colorado | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement