LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Your experiences with Ivermectin or similar anti-parasitic meds.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Your experiences with Ivermectin or similar anti-parasitic meds.
Haley
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22008

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've noticed that some physicians are using Ivermectin and similar medicines.

Can anyone tell me their results with these types of meds?

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had no problem with Ivermectin, only odd light sensitivity issues with my eyes. Weird brightness issues, like everything light or white radiated back to me in an odd way.

Alinia put me thru hell this week. See my post on the other Alinia thread.

Also look into mimosa pudica. Must be organic.

It's a bumpy ride. Have binders on hand to help deal with the toxic fallout.

Best to you.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read your post on Alinia. I've had it in my cabinet for over a year because my main doc told me "that stuff'l kill ya". I chickened out.

But since I am beginning to think that I have a parasite problem, I think I'll give it a try soon. People I know that have taken it had no problem at all.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not had any problem at all with any of the pharmaceutical antiparasiticals (Biltrizide, Ivermectin, Pamoate, Albendazole, Alinia(. They need to be taken in a certain order because they are carefully matched for size and body compartment --in order to reach the desired areas.

Some cross the blood brain barrier, some do not.

They are usually energetically tested before they are prescribed.

Watch for toxic metal release when you treat parasites and or do any other mobilizing treatment. That needs attention. Hope your doctor understands this.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haley what are your parasite symptoms, or is it just because you feel that you are not progressing fast enough and they may be holding you back?

Try Humaworm?

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ivermectin is b*tch slapping my daughter.
Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mom2kids
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mom2kids     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you all get your ivermectin from the doc or the feed store? And do you have to take all those other ones also and in a certain order?

--------------------
Down on her knees, she wept on the floor.
This hopeless life, she wanted no more.
Dead in the mind and cold to the bone,
She opened her eyes and saw she was alone. ~Seether

Posts: 427 | From Rhode Island | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ivermectin is good for killing the baby filarial worms, but does not kill the adults. The life cycle of the adults is 10-15 yrs.

The recommeded tx in 3rd world countries is to take Ivermectin anually for the life span of the adult worm.

Wondering if any of the antiparasitic drugs kill the adults, and how long the docs are recommending tx including Dr. K?

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's also Pyrantel Pamoate - not sure if it's indicated for filarial but it's used for strongyloides.

It's not easy which ever way you go. I don't think the herbs were strong enough for me. I haven't ruled them out, though. Maybe mimosa pudica? I think it's supposed to render the eggs infertle but I'm not 100% sure.

-----

wikipedia -

Strongyloides stercoralis

Treatment

The ideal method would be prevention by improved sanitation (proper disposal of feces), practicing good hygiene (washing of hands), etc., before any drug regimen is administered.

Ivermectin is the drug of first choice for treatment because of higher tolerance in patients.[14] Thiabendazole was used previously, but, owing to its high prevalence of side-effects (dizziness, vomiting, nausea, malaise) and lower efficacy, it has been superseded by ivermectin and as second-line albendazole. However, these drugs have little effect on the majority of these autoinfective larvae during their migration through the body. Hence, repeated treatments with ivermectin have to be administered to kill adult parasites that develop from the autoinfective larvae.

In the UK, mebendazole and piperazine are currently (2007) preferred.[15]

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Piperzine - http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=1+1471&aid=1463

Seems some forms are used by "Ravers"... You need to be sure it's the "piperzine" chemical. Alot of forms of piperzine are used in the pharma industry.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

FYI - wikipedia

Albendazole, marketed as Albenza, Eskazole, Zentel and Andazol, is a member of the benzimidazole compounds used as a drug indicated for the treatment of a variety of worm infestations. Although this use is widespread in the United States, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved albendazole for this indication. It is marketed by Amedra Pharmaceuticals. Albendazole was first discovered at the SmithKline Animal Health Laboratories in 1972. It is a broad spectrum anthelmintic, effective against: roundworms, tapeworms, and flukes of domestic animals and humans.[1]

---

Filaria

Single dose of 400 mg. For Filariaris, note that Albendazole kills the adult worms. Filariasis, albendazole and/or disintegrating filariae can affect the lymphatic system.

---

http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=30e07949-7b6a-11d5-a192-00b0d0204ae5

Please use caution if you decide to use any of these drugs. Study everything carefully & consult a medical professional if needed. I do not recommend any treatments to anyone. This is just for reference.

glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I added Hanna Kroeger Wormwood Combo in addition to the Parastroy. I also added extra cloves and Super Digestaway from Soloray as well as extra HCL.

I did this gradually and it's pretty strong. I also do salt/c. The regular doses of the herbs like Parastroy and Humaworm may not be strong enough by themselves.

I took VERY strong herbs originally from the Monastery of Herbs in 05 and along with the salt/c, I had a mass exodus for months of everything pictured on www.lymephotos.com

Maybe both pharma drugs and herbs could work alternately for some. The most important thing is for everyone to get well and symptom free from this horrific disease.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have tried the Parastroy and the Kroeger stuff. I think I am dealing with something in my blood not in my digestive tract, that's why I want to try the stronger stuff.

I have had a positive blood test for parasites in the blood. I'm starting to wonder if some of my brain issues are due to this.

I know that a few doctors are starting to experiment with Ivermectin. My hunch is that is kills "something" not sure what.

I did take Albendazole for a short time.

nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how do you know if you have them?
Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abby-do
Member # 25440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abby-do     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone taken Ivermectin in the tubes for horses? ...I get mine from Jeffers Pet and give it to my horses but haven't been able to figure out how much to take myself. Guess I have just been afraid.

Don't have a Dr who will prescribe human dose for me.

I Have been taking the Parastroy for the past month and did Hulda Clark 3 part protocol and Kroger herbs couple years ago....just don't know if I have parasites but doing treatments just in case it is slowing my Lyme recovery.

--------------------
I am not a Doctor and I never played one on TV, I'm just a lab rat with Lyme trying to rid myself of this horrible disease.

Posts: 88 | From Florida | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

The following are Scott's notes from Dr. K.'s May conference "Beyond Lyme" which we attended. Simon Y., see his book "Accidental Cure" sheds some more light on all.:

"�Dr. Klinghardt has found immense success in treating parasites as a focus. Many that think Lyme is their problem actually are suffering from parasites. The natural sequence is to treat the parasites first and then treat the Lyme. When this is done, years of antibiotic therapy turns into weeks or months.
�Parasite patients often express the psyche of the parasites - sticky, clingy, impossible to tolerate - but a wonderful human being is behind all of that.

�We are all a composite of many personalities. Chronic infections outnumber our own cells by 10:1. We are 90% "other" and 10% "us". Our consciousness is a composite of 90% microbes and 10% us. Our thinking, feeling, creativity, and expression are 90% from the microbes within us. Patients often think, crave, and behave as if they are the parasite. Our thinking is shaded by the microbes thinking through us. The food choices, behavioral choices, and who we like is the thinking of the microbes within us expressing themselves.

�Patients will reject all treatments that affect the issue that requires treating. Patients will not guide themselves to health when the microbes have taken over.
�Viruses in the nervous system are likely not the cause of CFS. They are certainly often present, but when treated, the patient may only get a little better. The two main causes are parasites (mainly lungworm) and chronic nasal staph infection. These nasal infections enter the hypothalamus which then leads to suppression of MSH. One's level of fatigue and level of MSH are directly related. MSH is depressed by bacteria and mycotoxins.
�Parasite treatment may be needed for 6 months to a year.
�Parasites induce changes in our system to make us a comfortable host.
�Natural deworming treatments such as Hulda Clark formulations have been weak and disappointing.
�Mimosa pudica powder is an Ayurvedic herb that is 30 times stronger than the best medical drug. Starting with 1/2 teaspoon twice a day two days a week and working up to 1 teaspoon daily for 3 months.

�Can use rectal application of 1 capsule of BioPure Freeze-dried garlic, 100mg artemisinin, 1 teaspoon phospholipids with pure water in a bulb syringe from the local drugstore. Make the mix liposomal using the ultrasonic method used with the Klinghardt Cocktail. Hold it. This cleans the rectum and then gets absorbed such that many start to see visible evidence of worm elimination. A good first step in parasite elimination.

�Parasite treatment is best done with concurrent colonic therapy. 2 colonics per week; 1 day after the other.
�Nail biting is a sign of parasites.
�Alinia and Albendazole both cross the blood-brain barrier.
�Deworming is significant in ASD kids. Every biofilm has worm DNA in it.
�The more you deworm, the longer you live and the healthier you are.
Dr. Simon Yu - Parasites

�When the latest medical therapies fail, think dental issues and parasites.
�Dr. Yu uses EAV testing / Acupuncture Meridian Assessment to gain information about stressors in the body.

�Unsuspected dental problems may be a significant factor impacting health - amalgams, root canals, TMJ, galvanism, implants, heavy metals, bonding materials, metal allergies, and microorganisms.
�Dr. Yu sees amazing shifts in EAV testing results after parasite treatment. He rarely uses antibiotics.

�Strongyloides is a common microfilarial worm. Could it be to blame for brain lesions? CCSVI?
�Cancer may be related to dental issues, parasites, heavy metals, and unresolved emotions.
�Most parasites are outside of the intestinal tract. They are deceptive, adaptive, and difficult to eradicate.

�Parasites bring bacteria, viruses, and fungi with them.
�Deworming horses regularly is known to increase their lifespan. Deworming is a good anti-aging therapy.
�Parasites are like your children that don't leave the house.

�You can get parasites from inhaling parasite eggs.

�Dr. Yu does not put people on nutritional supplements until the parasites are purged.

�Parasites can control your mind.
�Clove oil may be helpful. Black Walnut, Wormwood, Artemisia, and Citrus Seed may be useful.
�Dr. Yu is not convinced that zappers will work for parasites.
�He uses longer, higher doses of anti-parasite medications than what is described in the PDR. He also uses combination therapy."

If you have felt more miserable the last few days, we just passed Full Moon -- when parasites are on their honeymoon and replicate. That is the time to really go after them with meds. I used to attract them with cheese and dairy - they love it and get caught if doing the meds at the same time.

Never saw any with my own eyes. Which doesn't mean they were not a problem. Pay special attention to the Lungworm. The five med protocol is used for lungworm (6 weeks) that may have to be repeated depending on severity.

Believe it or not, I treated parasites in 1999. That's how long Dr. K. has been talking about those critters. It's time the rest of the world take it seriously. Then you can treat the others. Babuschka Principle - see my old post
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/101357? That explains why treating parasites early on is necessary --- only then will you be able to get at the metals, the fungi, then the bacteria, and finally the viruses.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

I will share the Lungworm protocol of Dr. K. with friendly people who identify themselves. [email protected]
sparkle7
Member # 10397

re: how do you know if you have them?

If you take the anti-parasite herbs & you get ill - it's a good sign that you have parasites. It's called "provoking a response". The tests are not accurate - so, many people go by this.

Some people also see them come out of their bodies but this doesn't always happen. The parasites come is all sizes.

---

I think Alinia is mostly for the blood parasites. You can also try artemesia (and derivitives) or quinine.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

PS- be careful of binders. In my experience, they can make the herbs or drugs less potent. There are times when you want to use them but they can be counter-productive in some cases. This is just my experience.

I found a plain water enema may be more effective. Charcoal & other binders will absorb drugs & herbs. Some of these drugs & herbs do stay in the system for days - which can continue to kill the parasites. You may not want to stop the killing action of the drugs & herbs.

I'm not a doctor - this is just my observation. You may want to take binders later to pull the toxins out.

amk33
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amk33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does he have a protocol for the chronic nasal staph infection?
Posts: 418 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For nasal staff infection Dr. K recommends neti pot of warm filtered water, adding 1/2 tsp of sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and 1 tsp of zylitol. The idea is that the staph eats the sugar (zylitol) then explodes from it and dies. Do 3 times per week, not on consecutive days.

It's pretty amazing. I've had some unusual reactions.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement