LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » is there one med that does it all??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is there one med that does it all??
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there are so many kinds of abx for everyone. some take 3, some take four or five, etc.,

but is there one med, not iv, that covers bart, ech, bab, lyme, everything? and is not real expensive and is well tolerate.

asking alot i know. but there must be something that does not cause c. diff, and works for everything.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phyl6648
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phyl6648     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure wish there was but no of none. I only take one antibiotic that has helped with all but certainly comes with the risk of c. diff..

The abx is Clindamycin so far so good but I do take a probotic..Seems no matter what we take there are risk..

Posts: 1058 | From VA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doxy is good if you catch it early. It is effective against ehrlichia and borrelia and somewhat effective against bart and even babesia. They used to give doxy to prevent malarial infections. But once you are chronic it takes much more than one drug.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Within 20 minutes of taking doxycycline, the borrelia spirochete goes into protection mode - morphs into cyst form - then doxy no longer addresses that.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
salt/c

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If borrelia goes into cyst form, wouldn't your symptoms disappear?
Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kramberry
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34032

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kramberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good question gigimac!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 215 | From California | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gigimac:
If borrelia goes into cyst form, wouldn't your symptoms disappear?

-
not all of the spirochetes go into the cyst form at the same time. Always plenty of them being produced and left hanging around.

Plus I'm pretty sure even the cyst form causes symptoms. When you take flagyl to kill it, you have terrible herxing.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just thinking if doxy pushes lyme into cyst form which causes relief of symptoms then it definitely hasn't gone into cyst form in my case! LOL

Lymetoo, if you herx badly from flagyl (which I do) would you say this is a definite sign of lyme versus a co-infection or would flagyl make you herx from cos too?

I'm going on a clinical diagnosis of lyme right now and was hoping the horrendous flagyl herx I experienced is a confirmation of lyme

Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree with hens...

salt/c will kill borrellia and the cyst form.

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

glm111, do you agree with hens that salt c also covers co-infections?
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
glm wrote:
salt/c will kill borrellia and the cyst form

Is there any scientific evidence of the cystic form being killed that you know if? Anyone done any in vitro studies?

Thanks,
Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read the info and explanation of salt/c killing the cyst form on lymestrategies. You can join the group and look in the links section and archives.

My experience is that antiparasitic herbs and salt/c has killed the co-infections as well. I was dx with bart, babs and erlichia, and have no more symptoms.

I have read in the past others on lymenet reporting the same thing about salt/c. The key is to stay on it. The people that don't stick with it are the ones that fail to see the benefit.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axseptants
Member # 32296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for axseptants     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is salt/c?

Thanks.

Posts: 52 | From Central VA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gigimac:
I was just thinking if doxy pushes lyme into cyst form which causes relief of symptoms then it definitely hasn't gone into cyst form in my case! LOL

Lymetoo, if you herx badly from flagyl (which I do) would you say this is a definite sign of lyme versus a co-infection or would flagyl make you herx from cos too?

-
I would say it indicates Lyme. Flagyl can make you herx very hard.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

axseptants, salt c is a protocol where you use natural sea salt and vitamin c to treat lyme disease and parasites. For more info. check out lymephotos.com
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK as far a volume for salt and C . What does that look like a teaspoon several times a day of good sea salt, ? (eliminate most other salt?) Then 1000mg of liquid c, or pills when you take salt ..and just do it like 5 x's a day ..Or am I just way off??

Brain fog and herx... some kinda visual, or the set up./not pictures of the uglies that come out.

Told you I would miss a supp. on list even if I looked at it 3 times..
Just skipping around up there.

Ran a construction company for 25 years. So this is REALLY hard to deal with.

comprehension [dizzy] Thanks, N

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Nonna,

To answer your question,

No, I would NOT just start taking "a teaspoon of salt several times a day." That is way too much and could damage kidneys from the get-go.

You would start very slowly with a very low amount and ramp up slowly over time.

"Several" times a day can mean different numbers to different people. Some say "several" equals 3, exactly. Some think 5 - 6 times is "several" and, with salt, precision really matters.

glm1111 (Gael) is one of the posters here with the most knowledge about this.

It's best to read all about this but, mostly, as you are treating with a LLMD, combining your current protocol with this is something that would need medical guidance. They may not combine at all. (I think you are just starting now on babesia treatment.)

Before starting the Salt/C protocol, you'd want to check with your doctor to be sure it's right for your body.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Nonna,

Keebler has given you some good advice. NEVER start with that high a dose! I started with 1/4tsp sea salt (I use Real Salt)and 1/4tsp Ester vitamin C powder with bioflavinoids in a tall glass of water.

I ramped up slowly 1/4 tsp a time according to how I was herxing. For more guidance visit lymestrategies and the salt/c group doing this and other protocols as well. Some are also using abx and have an LLMD.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
As always, glad to see Gael replied.

Salt / Vitamin C links she mentions:
-------------------------

Yahoo group: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/lymestrategies/

Blog: http://www.fettnet.com/lymestrategies/

The Salt/C Plus Protocol for Lyme Infection eBook
is a downloadable file in PDF format - for immediate download. $29.95:

http://www.fettnet.com/lymestrategies/welcome.htm#Order

http://www.realsalt.com/

Real Salt (Sea Salt & Kosher Sea Salt)

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-169519-redmond-trading-realsalt-natures-first-sea-salt-kosher-salt-16-oz

Redmond Trading - RealSalt Nature's First Sea Salt Kosher Salt

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-5733-american-health-ester-c-powder-with-citrus-bioflavonoids-8-oz

Ester-C powder with Citrus Bioflavinoids
-

gigimac
Member # 33353

Nonna, I tried salt c before, and after a week at 1-3 grams a day and feeling pretty good I got cocky and took 6grams for two days and got knocked on my butt with the worst herx ever.

That was my last dose of salt c. I am considering restarting but staying at a low dose, lol!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement