LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » lyme and high blood pressure

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: lyme and high blood pressure
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can lyme be the cause of high blood pressure? while i am overweight and have a family history of it, i'm wondering if the lyme itself can cause it.

mine often goes up and down. it's called "ballooning" i believe.

i am on nadolol and diovan which if you read the side effects, they're bad also.

if you treat the lyme will the bp go down? has anybody had this happen?

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bellajo
Member # 28738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bellajo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had high blood pressure out of nowhere, no history, not overweight.

Didn't know I had lyme at the time, and was given BP meds. My BP spiked twice (with the meds.)- very scarey.

Quit those meds. After lyme was treated, no more high BP. Do get problems with rapid heart rate.

Posts: 93 | From arizona | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
koo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for koo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would get it very bad before I knew it was Lyme. It would occur during flareups and be very difficult to control. It also seemed to be tied to the anxiety that comes with Lyme. If the anxiety was bad, the BP was elevated. I would have BP of 150s/90s even with taking 150 mg. of metoprolol a day along with Catapres. Now that I have actually been dx with Lyme and have been on treatment, it is MUCH improved. I will get it sometimes with a herx as well.
Posts: 478 | From Third Coast | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement