LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Remission, but bulls-eye rash during pregnancy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Remission, but bulls-eye rash during pregnancy?
red100
Member # 33653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for red100     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had Lyme disease when i was 15 years old. Contracted while vacationing in Rhode Island. Had clear bulls-eye rash at the time, plus stiff neck, progressive arthritic symptoms, facial paralysis, etc. Been in remission with no symptoms since 17 years of age(now 42).

However, when I was pregnant at 37 and again at 40, I had a bulls-eye rash, first time on my belly, second time on my arm. Undeniable. Never seen anything like it, except when I had Lyme disease. No other obvious lyme symptoms with these pregnancies except the rash.

Question: has anyone else seen anythign like this? I am wondering whether this meant I had some sort of lyme flare, and I'm worried about transmission to my kids...

Can Lyme lurk and come out later in life during times like pregnancy?

FWIW, i was never treated with antibiotics -- it seems that my body was able to fight off the bacteria with the help of homeopathy. What a scary thought that the Lyme bacteria could be waiting in there until I let my guard down.

Am I just worried about nothing? I have been dealing with pain in my feet for about 7 years, but the doctors said it's plantar faschitis, and numbness/tingling in my hands for 6 years, which i presumed was due to a car accident. i suppose these problems could be lyme related. who knows.

Thanks.
Red

Posts: 33 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhitneyS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhitneyS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would see an LLMD. This is exactly how Lyme operates. Its never fully gone but in remission and its very common to relapse. The symptoms you area having are very significant, and can easily get out of control.

Its nice that you know! And you can work to keep the symptoms minor and your Lyme in check. I would also have your kids tested, and keep them aware of symtpoms to looks out of...cause if you were untreated during pregnancy, they can have it also.

I'd get treated ASAP

Posts: 844 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many here had similar things happen. Lyme can go dormant for many many years.

The plantar's is either Lyme or bartonella, a coinfection of Lyme. You can get several diseases from one tick bite.

Post in Seeking for help in finding a doctor.

WELCOME!! [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucky8711
Member # 26221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucky8711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just gave birth 4 moonths ago and though I felt better for most of my pregnancy, the FIRST thing to come back upon delivery was the ridiculously painful feet and has prgressed from there.

Please see an LLMD ASAP...and have those kiddos checked too!

Posts: 80 | From RI | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
red100
Member # 33653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for red100     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt better during my pregnancy too, then like Lucky8711, the first thing I noticed after delivery was the painful feet coming back! Maybe the hormones reduced the inflamatation or something...

Thanks for the responsed. I've gotten some referrals to LL MDs and others in my area, and I'm going to check them out.

Posts: 33 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dd is 8months old and I have been up and down since I had her. I was about 90-100% pre-pregnancy and did abx while pregnant. I felt fine during the pregnancy but right after came a big relapse. The first month was really bad.

She is well worth it, but I often wonder if I will ever see 90% again.

lucky- are you feeling better now after your relpase? How were you feeling pre-pregnancy?

Posts: 323 | From Michigan | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
red100
Member # 33653

OK, so I have an appt with a local LL practitioner, per some referrals on this website (seeking a doctor). $400 for the first appt! yikes.

In the meantime, I've been thinking and wondering: given that the bullseye rashes appeared in my pregancies, but not since the original EM back 20+ years ago -- is it more likely to be Lyme & co. coming out of remission, or a new infection?
Thanks!
Red

red100
Member # 33653

One more thing -- I originally got Lyme in Rhode Island back in the mid-1980's -- Lyme was endemic even back then, I believe.
However, if I am experiencing a new infection -- my only exposure is Washington state, which I don't think has much Lyme. I have on occasion found tiny ticks on my kids from our backyard (we have a bit of forested greenbelt).

Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red, what kind of homeopathic treatment did you use back then?

As for lyme and EM rash, I heard of people who get these rashes on and off, but do not develop other symptoms. It does look though that the bacteria is present and but whether your kids are infected, I don't know.

Back in 1980s, ticks were more clean and seemed to have no coinfections. Recent bites are bad, as ticks today carry LOADS of coinfections.

Doctors who treat lyme for more than 20 years see the clear difference (dr. K from Seattle). Old bites are treated more easily, recent bites require loads of treatments because of coinfections.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abby-do
Member # 25440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abby-do     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am curious Red, Marcie an Lucky if your children have shown any sort of unusual illnesses or symptoms.

--------------------
I am not a Doctor and I never played one on TV, I'm just a lab rat with Lyme trying to rid myself of this horrible disease.

Posts: 88 | From Florida | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
red100
Member # 33653

Brussels, my homeopath gave me Sepia. He was the only one who could treat me since no western doctor (and I saw 9) could diagnose me. I didn't get the Lyme diagnosis until 2 years into illness when an article came out in the NEJM about Lyme disease. By then, I was having few symptoms, and we never even bothered to get labwork done, thinking it was pretty much past.(now I wish we had!) I'm curious whether I ever had Bart.

I remember learning about coinfections being common back then too, sounds like it's worse now! What is better now, is that Lyme is well known, and people can get early abx treatment. I had a textbook EM, a known tick bite from RI(!) and classic acute symptoms, but no doctor in Texas had any clue.

FWIW, my mother (who also has Lyme, aquired 8 years ago) did get 3 weeks of abx within the 1st month, and still ended up with chronic lyme, which has been devastating, and homeopathy has not helped at all. I wonder whether the bacteria has built resistance to certain abx? I know she tested negative to 3 of the coinfections, but I just reviewed the results and they never tested for Bart.

Abby-do: My kids are fine so far. One has a severe nut allergy and another asthma, but that's it so far.

Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I also used sepia for symptom relief!

But I suppose this was classical miasm remedy for you? Good that it worked back then!!

Gosh, sorry for your mom. My daughter and I also did abx from start, and we fell sick anyway with chronic lyme.

I do think there's a double problem:

1- environment in (body) and out (nature) being dirty, it makes both ticks and humans more contaminated with resistant infections. More agressive mold, funghi, viruses, bacteria, parasites all over.

Warming of the planet is also spreading the ticks, that are coming inside the cities. Plus polution does not help your immune system at all. It is always a burden more to your body.

2- the electrosmog to which we are bombarded in huge amounts, that has increased over the last decade to phenomenal proportions, mess up with too many things, including the immune system.

A decade ago, dr. K was not concerned with it for his lyme patients. Today, it is in the top of the list.

The coinfection picture is MUCH worse today. People got bitten and fell sick with borrelia for decades around the Black Forest in Germany, says dr. K. But they only had mild arthritis and lived to the 90s or 100s still with borrelia!

Today, people die from lyme and get handicapped, or have a miserable life for years or decades, here in Europe is the same. People do die earlier with chronic lyme, but cause of death will be acknolwdelged as something else (cardiac arrest, suicide, whatever).

Something has changed and got much worse in the last decade. Dr. K. believes it will only get worse. And they are more treatment resistant!

So you do need a COMBINATION of treatments. Relying on a single bullet treatment for CHRONIC lyme will NEVER work if you had been bitten in the last decade or so. In my opinion.

Blood tests for coinfections are not very precise. Not even for borrelia, so expect less precision for coinfections. People usually treat by symptoms or do trial treatments. If they see improvement, they consider they had the infection.

Like babesia, for example. When you take antimalarial and antibabesial treatments, if you feel better, you will know you have had it. At least for me, that is how I discovered.

If a person has babesia and never treated it, no matter what you do, you will not get borrelia under control. Today, it is widely acknowledge that you need to eliminate coinfections first, if you go the normal routes (antibiotics, herbs, rife, ingested homeopathy, whatever, except for photon therapy, that is a bit different...).

I always used homeopathy together with my other treatments. In the end, I was taking about 60 different SUBSTANCES a day, just to live my life 'normally'.

Some of these, I had to take twice, 3 times, but about 60 different stuff in one day!! It took me 3 days to write down what I needed, when to take, before /after meals, with /without this or that stuff separate 30-120 minute apart to avoid interaction etc....

when I finally tuned the different substances and felt better, after about 2 weeks, I needed to change it again, and start from zero as I needed different killers, different minerals, different cleaners, different boosters, etc [Roll Eyes]

No drugs, mostly supplements, enzymes, electrolytes, homeopathy, and loads of different herbal combinations. In the night, I still had to use microcurrent to sleep to continue treating for hours. Just to feel like I was 'normal'. Yiiick... [dizzy]

I wish you good luck. Hopefully you are still not in bad shape like many of us were (or are). It is easier to treat when we are still well, so do it until this disease goes dormant for good!!

good luck for your mom too. Just have in mind that chronic lyme needs much more than single bullet treatments today, whatever you choose as treatment. Persistence is a must! When you feel better and better, your efforts pays off!!

I'm totally out of lyme today for about 2.5 years. My daughter had also lived in hell and today is totally free from lyme treatment and symptoms.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement