LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Food Allergies from Parasites. Help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Food Allergies from Parasites. Help!
Tabby
Member # 13917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tabby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I've been having this swelling problem for

years. It started with my eyelids swelling and

over the past 5 years has evolved to every part

of my face swelling even my nose and chin, the

inside of my mouth. My first thought was that it

was from candida, so I cut out sugar and gluten.

But it has continued to get worse and worse, and

I seem to get big reactions from certain foods

like gluten, seafood, nuts, dairy, soy, etc.

Its gotten to the point where nearly everything I

eat causes me to react. I was told by a

nutritionist that the problem is parasites and

after my own research I have come to agree. But

here is where I need some help and guidance [confused] .

Not only do I react to nearly everything I eat

and take but I am also super sensitive to

medicines and supplements. I get very very sick

if I take a full does of something and always

have to work my way up on a medicine over months

and months.

I want very badly to get rid of the parasites, to

take humaworm and send them on their way. But I

am worried if I take a full dose it will make me

very very sick, and if I only take partial doses

it wont be enough to kill them or that they will

become resistant. Any advice? Do any of you have

my same problem of being very sensitive to your

pills?

Please help, I am at my witts end and am starting

to run out of things I can eat!

Posts: 42 | From new york | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KrystalKlear
Member # 34042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KrystalKlear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I am very sorry you are going through this.

I don't have much to offer, except when I had questions about Humaworm (why was children's formulation different, advice on children's dosages, etc.), I emailed Humaworm ([email protected]) and they replied with a detailed, informative answer.

Perhaps they can answer your questions directly.

Good Luck,
Krystal

Posts: 24 | From West Coast | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tabby
Member # 13917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tabby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Krystal, Thats a good idea, Ill try to email them

and see what they say. Thanks!

Posts: 42 | From new york | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can try an anti-parasite formula in a tincture form. This way you can ramp up the dosage slowly - one drop at a time in a glass of water.

They were very nice at Humaworm but I didn't think their formula was strong enough for me.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tabby
Member # 13917

Sparkle do you have a specific tincture you

suggest? And have either of you actually tried a

prescription med for it?

utz20
Member # 17058

Icon 1 posted      Profile for utz20     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took a prescription of Biltricide for parasites which was VERY effective and productive. There are many people on this site with various experiences with it but I have to warn you that I am glad I didn't try that when I was at my sickest, it would have been too much. The herbals take longer but as mentioned previously, you can control the dose.
I think it was key to turning things around for me and I have been improving ever since.
good luck and keep on keeping on.

Posts: 27 | From SW VA | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow do you sound like me!!!

My LLMD says my severe allergies/sensitivities are a combination of:

leaky gut

candida

mold exposure (Candida and mold toxicity exacerbate each others' symptoms and have a synergistic effect)

parasites

heavy metals

KPU

genes that make it difficult to detox

I think when we are very toxic and we are treating whatever, our body dumps the toxins faster than our detox organs such as liver and kidneys can eliminate them so we have to go slow as to not overwhelm our systems.

Right now I am doing Nystatin for Candida and have had to back off due to severe die off that my body couldn't handle.

Some tips my LLMD gave were:

Antihistimines: He said he has seen people have especially good luck with Zyrtec. Benadryl can be taken along with this as they are 2 different kinds of antihistimines

Alka-Seltzer: Alkalizes the body. When we are in an allergic state the body tends to be too acidic so alkalizing helps.

I am also taking a product called FiberSmart to bind toxins as well as a lot of Magnesium Glycinate. The Mag keeps me from getting constipated. I know I'm toxic b/c I always feel better after a bowel movement so it is essential to keep things moving and using a binder so the gut doesn't reabsorb toxins and recirculate them in the blood. Before the Fibersmart I was taking 800 mg. a day of Mag. and on the Fibersmart I am taking 1200 mg. a day. I would recommend working your way up on the Mag. Of all the Magnesiums, Magnesium Glycinate is the best tolerated from my understanding.

I tried cholestyramine for a biotoxin binder but couldn't tolerate it. Some people can't. Maybe I will be able to tolerate it further down the road. I am taking the Fibersmart in its' place but have just started taking it so don't know yet how that will play out. I think some people take both CSM and Fibersmart together.

BTW, I react most severely to anything with yeast in it or fermented like vinegar/any condiments with vinegar in them, buttermilk, gluten, dairy, moldy environments as well a A LOT of food sensitivities that are very strange due to the leaky gut b/c things are passing through the gut into the blood stream that shouldn't be there and the body is reacting to EVERYTHING. Are you in a moldy environment?

Am seeing my LLMD this week. Will see what he says to do next as my issues are the same as yours with the severe sensitivities/leaky gut.

Oh yeah, I believe digestive enzymes can help too.

Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anything with wormwood, cloves & green, black walnut hulls is pretty good. It's a "traditional" anti-parasite formula.

I'm trying the vet meds now. I have to agree with what utz20 said about starting off slowly with the herbs first. It takes time. If you have a big parasite issue, they can make you quite ill when they die-off.

You don't want to not take enough - though, either.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tabby
Member # 13917

Thanks all for your support and answers. Im sorry

it has taken me so long to respond. I have a

horrible memory and forget about posts I made.

UTZ20 -Thanks I will look into that med, how long did u take it for?

Tickled - Yeah for me its probly a mix of all

those too, I also have the gene that makes it

hard to detox. I tried the alka-seltzer, but I

seemed to react to that too, thats what makes it

so hard to deal with. I didnt realize vinegar

could cause allergic reaction, I thought it was

good for us lymies, Ill probly have to stop using

that too. With your treatment have you had any

success in getting it under control?

Sparkle - Your on vet meds???

robbiem
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robbiem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look into sizeable doses of Querticin Bromelain. Dose prior to eating aprx 500mg prior to meal.
Posts: 192 | From New England | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was it the alka-seltzer gold by any chance? If you're sensitive to corn you'll react to alka-seltzer gold.

If you have candida or a mold allergy/problem/sensitivity you'll react to vinegar.

It's too soon to tell with me as I just started all this recently but I did see my LLMD last week and he started me on chlorella and my eyes look a lot clearer. He's also going to change my thyroid meds.

I do think that the Zyrtec is helping along with the Benadryl. But of course that is just for symptom control, doesn't address the underlying issue at all.

I am on the Nystatin for a couple more weeks and then onto Sporanox for a couple and then back to Nystatin. My LLMD does a rotation between those and a couple other things.

I'm doing the chlorella for now but he said we may try to go back to the CSM at some point but that I just can't handle it right now.

Also started me on Pekana detox but too soon to tell with that as well as I won't get up to the full dose for a few more weeks.

Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

....told him I don't know how to eat as I'm allergic to everything. He said when my gut heals that should go away. He said in meantime symptom control with antihistamines and eat what I can as with that many sensitivities it is impossible to avoid all of them. He said just avoid the really obvious ones.

He said most are sensitivities (IgG), not true allergies (IgE). I do have a few IgE though like shrimp, peanuts and oats so I have to stay away from those and some of my IgG are worse than other like eggs, walnuts and bananas. I just got retested for delayed allergies so we'll see what else has become worse that I need to stay away from. In the meantime, I'm continueing to treat and taking my antihistamines. Feeling very allergic as I write this FYI. Just popped a Benadryl. God help us! [shake]

gatorade girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gatorade girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the allergy test a blood test or is it the skin test? Thanks.

--------------------
gatorade girl

"I still have Mt.Everest to climb, but I have traveled across the world and arrived at the mountain".

Posts: 633 | From baltimore | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Blood test. Not the RAST test though. The RAST shows immediate, not delayed.
Tabby
Member # 13917

Thanks for the info Tickled. I am feeling very

allergic too as I did a very stupid thing

yesterday. Apparently I accidently brought

regular maple syrup as opposed to the sugar free

kind, which I didnt realize until i'd already

eaten a bunch. I normally react if I eat more the

4 grams of sugar and there I had about 150 grams

in one dose! I loaded up on the benadryl and

zyrtec which helped some but my face and tummy

are super swollen and I probly set myself back a

month on my diet. So stupid! [bonk]

So I have alot of questions, yeah it was

the alka seltzer gold, but from what I had read

its the only kind that was good for us lymies..?

I never heard of sporanax, is that for yeast?

Your testing for delayed allergies, is that

different from a regular food allergy test,

because if I could be told exactly what is

affecting me that would be a huge help! Oh and

also vinegar is in mayo and ketchup too, which I

loove. Do you stay away from those as well? [Frown]

tickled1
Member # 14257

It may have been more than just the sugar you were reacting to in the maple syrup. I read somewhere that mold sensitive people react to real maple syrup. Of course that goes for people with candida too b/c of the cross reactivity. If you have candida you're automatically sensitive to mold, and of course sugar.

Sporanox is for yeast. I believe it is systemic rather than just working on the GI.

YES!!! I stay away from all condiments with vinegar in them including ketchup, mayo, mustard, salad dressing, bbq sauce, and pickles! My face starts burning immediately if I eat them. And I LOVE all of those too. My life is so empty without them! LOL!

I'm trying to remember who I had my allergy testing done with. I think it was Alletess and there was another one as I've had it done a couple of times and am about to do it again through Metametrix I think. Most conventional allergists don't offer these tests as they don't believe in delayed food allergies. It would have to be through an integrative doc's office or your LLMD should be able to order the testing. Believe it or not, my insurance covered the last one I had done! I was shocked!

I'm going to check where you're from so I can recommend a place if you live near me.

tickled1
Member # 14257

You're not located close to me. I would google your state and "delayed food allergy testing" and see if anything comes up.
Tabby
Member # 13917

Thanks for trying to look it up for me. After you

got your allergy results back were you able to get

allergy shots or do any special treatment?

tickled1
Member # 14257

I never attempted treatment for food allergies and I think for delayed there may not be treatment.

I did attempt treatment with injections for other allergies like pollen but couldn't tolerate them. They actually made me feel worse. I think our systems are so sensitive that we don't react the way they expect. It was just too much for me.

Zyrtec and Benadryl is what works for me. Healing our guts is what will ultimately work. It's just a matter of getting from here to there.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement