LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What is causing my symptoms?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is causing my symptoms?
jackie81
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so confused and wondering what co-infection is causing my symptoms right now.

I have been treating babesia for 8 months and was wondering if what I am experiencing is babs or bart.

I have a headache at the front of my head in my forehead and in my ears. My head feels pressurized and my ears are ringing like crazy and sooo sensitive to sound.

My eyes hurt when I move them.

I feel very flushed and have chills (which is making me think babesia)

The bottom of my feet hurt and feel tingly in the bottom in the middle (which makes me think bart)

I just took my temp and its 98.8 C so its fine...well a little high I guess?

What co-infection is flaring?

I was just thinking that maybe I can move onto bart treatment now but is this babs? or bart?

Also everything feels achey, both knees are hurting and I feel like I was just hit by a truck. I feel very hot though

Help??

[ 12-14-2011, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: jackie81 ]

Posts: 574 | From Out there somewhere | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about both?

Or more barts, it seems?

And probably some herxes on top?

I had light sensitivity with babs, flushing with babs mostly, but the foot pain looks like bart... At least for me.

Usually, when one infection goes a bit low profile (but it is still active), another flares. You got to unfortunately treat both for a certain time, then concentrate on the next. At least, that is how I did.

Joint pain can be many things....

If you have such high temperature (for lyme 37.5 is high!!!), it could be babs /bart (?). If only borrelia is active, most people have 35, 36 C!!! I had 35 for months after my babs was gone.

I guess for this forum, you got to write temperature in F, as most Americans don't use C!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep ! My temp is usually around 96.5 F. I've been told that people who have been sick a long time usually run a lower normal....Try to get that across ,when your sick and temp is 99... ETC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe everything you are saying is Bart. See Dr. S's Bart symptom list below:

Common symptoms of bartonellosis include:

___Fatigue (often with agitation, unlike Lyme disease, which is more exhaustion)

___Low grade fevers, especially morning and/or late afternoon, often associated with feelings of "coming down with the flu or a virus"

___Sweats, often morning or late afternoon (sometimes at night) - often described as "thick" or "sticky" in nature

___Headaches, especially frontal (often confused with sinus) or on top of head

___Eye symptoms including episodes of blurred vision, red eyes, dry eyes

___Ringing in the ears (tinnitus) and sometimes hearing problems (decreased or even increased sensitivity - so-called hyperacusis)

___Sore throats (recurring)

___Swollen glands, especially neck and under arms

___Anxiety and worry attacks; others perceive as "very anxious"

___Episodes of confusion and disorientation that are usually transient (and very scary); often can be seizure-like in nature

___Poor sleep (especially difficulty falling asleep); poor sleep quality

___Joint pain and stiffness (often both Left and Right sides as opposed to Lyme which is often on one side only with pain and stiffness that changes locations)

___Muscle pains especially the calves; may be twitching and cramping also

___Foot pain, more in the morning involving the heels or soles of the feet (sometimes misdiagnosed as plantar fasciitis)

___Nerve irritation symptoms which can be described as burning, vibrating, numb, shooting, etc.

___Tremors and/or muscle twitching

___Heart palpitations and strange chest pains

___Episodes of breathlessness

___Strange rashes recurring on the body often, red stretch marks, and peculiar tender lumps and nodules along the sides of the legs or arms, spider veins

___Gastrointestinal symptoms, abdominal pain and acid reflux

___Shin bone pain and tenderness

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
horsefly
Member # 34232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for horsefly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought you had been on Rifampin for quite a while.. it didn't help?
Posts: 72 | From out there.. | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancy2
Member # 95

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say Bartonella!
Posts: 1487 | From New England | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie81
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have not been on Rifampin at all

anyone else?

Posts: 574 | From Out there somewhere | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are there any shadows under your eyes? Do your eyes hurt when you lean forward? If yes to either, it really sounds like you have a sinus infection (which could be fungal in nature or bacterial).

It sounded Bart like to me too,until you mentioned the ear ringing and your painful eyes.

Signed,
The Former sinus infection queen.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely sounds like bart. I was treating for babs when the bart symptoms came out several mos later and made it worse, so my doc switched babs meds over to bart meds. I never understood why people changed their meds every 3 or 4 months until this happened to me.

The lyme docs treat whatever is bothering you the most when you go to see them. My doc always asks what three things are bothering me the most (that's how she knows what to treat).

Eventually, you will have to go back to babs meds, so just save what you have until then.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The die-off causes neurotoxins to be mobilized no matter where they come from. All neurotoxins cause similar symptoms and trying to categorize them is illusory. And neurotoxins can cause every symptom you describe, including chills or elevated temp.

All treatments should be seriously accompanied by detoxing agents, helping lymphatics, binders, binders, binders to avoid reabsorption and redistribution into other body areas. It is a fulltime job.

When the invaders die, they release neurotoxins, all neurotoxins, including toxic metals and chemicals. I had all of it and to this day can not distinguish exactly what causes what. Neither can Dr. K. - and for this reason avoids lists for this and lists for that - because no matter what and how, we are treating a complete ecosystem holding different troublemakers.

I learned that all has to be treated basically at the same time, possibly with emphasis on certain infections, but never ignoring all the others. That is the reason for the Klinghardt Lyme Cocktail. To cover all eventualities, and more.

Hope you feel better real soon!

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To add to what GiGi is saying, Parasites should be treated FIRST and Lyme Second according to Dr. K.

Google parasite symptoms. Antiparasitics are a VERY important part of tx and is often overlooked. Get rid of the parasites, and it will be much easier to get rid of the other infections. I found this out after many rounds of abx were just not working.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement