LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Oil Pulling destroys Bacteria, Viruses and other bugs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oil Pulling destroys Bacteria, Viruses and other bugs
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://oilpulling.com/oilpullingvideos.htm

Get rid of many bugs...

Dispose of it on paper/garbage -- not down the sink! Organic Sunflower Oil is "thin" and easy to do.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ItsMyTurn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31469

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItsMyTurn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks GiGi!! I was doing it for a while but quit. You have encouraged me to get back on it. Do you pull on an empty stomach? Does it matter?
Posts: 182 | From North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, empty stomach.
Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ItsMyTurn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31469

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItsMyTurn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On it! Thanks.
Posts: 182 | From North Carolina | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a reason not down the sink? I do it with paper towels catching it in the sink, but know somebody who prefers to just put it straight down the sink, so curious why that would be a bad idea?
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard it's kind of like toxic waste. I guess you don't want the bacteria, etc. living in the pipes near where you brush your teath, wash you hands/face.
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Michael and all, If you flush it down the sink, it goes into the waste water, and we know by now how much of the waste water comes eventually back to us. We know that the surrounding bay areas are full of antibiotic and coffee residue. We have to be more conscious of what we do to our direct environment.

We are in the habit of "throwing things away". Throwing things away? Away where? At least we can put it directly into the garbage/landfill. Sterilizing the sink is also not an easy task.

Rinse your mouth well with lukewarm water after you are done pulling.

You would be amazed if you knew how much lives in our mouth and gums. It takes a spirochete 2 seconds to move from mouth to penis!!

Since many of the parasites are wondering up into the mouth area during the night, it is wise to do the pulling first thing when getting up to avoid swallowing the stuff again and starting another cycle - up and down. We are connected throughout.
What's in the mouth is in the gut and vice versa. I try to start with tongue scraping with a spoon edge before I do the oil pulling. Watch what you remove with the spoon!!!

This therapy will support the detoxing of the total body - not only the teeth/gums.

Bad mouth odor? Bleeding of gums? Plugged up lymph nodes?

This is the first therapy that I was taught by Dr. K. when I first saw him back in 1998.

Check around the internet - you will find plenty of info about Dr. Karach's Oil Pulling therapy.

I use sunflower oil because it is very "thin" and squeezes easily, almost like water.

Good luck.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ItsMyTurn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31469

Is it okay to do oil pulling along with Salt/C and Parastroy??
Runner17
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Runner17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about flushing it down the toliet?
Posts: 132 | From Somewhere | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BuffyFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BuffyFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi, what differences have you noticed since doing the oil pulling? Does the oil absolutely have to be cold pressed organic?
Posts: 287 | From somewhere | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

It'sMyTurn, you should be doing oil pulling no matter what else you do. When you are doing parasite treatment, you have a lot more of that stuff floating around in your system - so oil pulling will support all else you do.

Runner17, toilet water goes into the local water treatment system. I prefer not to add to that, but instead spit it in a cleanex and put it in the garbage=landfill.

BuffyFan, I got back to normal a lot quicker doing all than many others are able to do. Every little bit of detox helps. Detoxing and lowering the burden is the major problem most people don't pay enough attention to. And that is a big stumbling block to getting well.

Cold pressed, yes, I have no other oil in my house. The organic part I am not sure, because many oils come from other countries and I don't trust many of these labels to begin with.

Have fun, guys.

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is coconut oil ok to use??

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been using very high quality organic cold-pressed coconut oil for this and it has worked well. This is something we buy in 5 gallons from mail order, not available in this quality in our health food store.

The article I read on oil pulling insisted that cold-pressed was important, while organic was not important. I was not able to find any of the recommended oils (sunflower or sesame) in cold-pressed form from my local health food stores. Energy testing suggested my coconut oil was better than any of the oils available in my local stores. Perhaps the cold-pressed is important. Where are people obtaining these?

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just picked up cold pressed sesame oil from my local grocery store. I figured I'd look and it was right there.

I used coconut oil the last two days. This morning I was coughing up black stuff. Strange, didn't cough stuff up like that since I quit smoking, 10 years ago.

Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, definitely do not spit in toilet or sink. It will eventually clog your pipes. Not good for septic either.
Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been oil pulling for about 1 1/2 years. It really cleans up the mouth, thrush, yeast, bacteria, gum disease, as well as pulling toxins out of the body like Gigi said.

I go outside to spit, I don't want it in my sink and we are on septic, so it would probably clog the screen eventually.

At my last dental appt, they were scratching their heads because I had absolutely no bacteria in my mouth. She said that was very rare.

I rinse with baking soda, and sea salt in warm water (outside - so far the neighbors haven't seen me spitting yet, at least I hope not,) then brush with baking soda.

My mouth always feels great afterwards.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Linky,

Besides the good information you give, I always enjoy this sentence on your posts the most. 'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28
Thank you.

linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi,

Thank you! It's always been my favorite verse and kind of sums up how we lymies sometimes feel.

I am also grateful for all the info and knowledge you have passed along. You are very much appreciated here on Lymenet.

Take care and God bless.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hammer
Member # 17201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hammer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just thinking the same thing GiGi! And thanks GiGi for all the good info you share. I'm trying to get it all into practice!
Posts: 69 | From Birmingham, AL 35242 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gagamooppop
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gagamooppop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is very great info and definitely something I'd like to try.

Can someone post a link to which oil to buy? Or send me a pm...

Would like to start doing this...anything to help!

Thanks again!

Posts: 183 | From ... | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

I use Flora brand sunflower oil. A doctor recommended it and it works well. I have to order it on the internet. Just do a google search and it should come up.

Good luck.

--------------------

Catgirl
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard (somewhere) that oil pulling looses fillings/crowns? Is this true?

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Member # 14233

IMO, if you've got good dental work, then nothing to worry about. If you've got some old work, then maybe. The pros outweigh the cons on this one. Again, in my opinion.
gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does oil pulling help ease herx reactions?
Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
angelaw
Member # 34014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for angelaw     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does oil pulling cause die-off reactions (as when you detoxify sometimes)? Ive thought about doing this, but cant afford to get any sicker, even if its for the sake of something good!

--------------------
I can do all thing through Christ who strengthens me.
Taking things one day at a time... trying to get my life back.

Posts: 35 | From mid west | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
angelaw
Member # 34014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for angelaw     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does oil pulling cause die-off reactions (as when you detoxify sometimes)? Ive thought about doing this, but cant afford to get any sicker, even if its for the sake of something good!

--------------------

Posts: 35 | From mid west | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
angelaw
Member # 34014

--------------------

linky123
Member # 19974

I've never noticed a die-off, or herx. I usually feel better. It also helps my headaches for some reason.

--------------------

gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I oil pulled for two weeks solid and started feeling ill, I thought it was a die off reaction, but I can't be sure.

I figured if I did the oil pulling just here and there when I am herxing from abx it could help?

Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my jaws get so sore after about 5 minutes. so i just hold it in my mouth. do you have to do 15-20??

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

You can certainly benefit before the 15-20 minutes.

I know someone who can only hold do this about 2 minutes and then has to spit it out it gets so toxic. I had to build up to the 15-20 minutes, I think my first time I made it 5 minutes before I had to spit it out.

Just holding it rather than swooshing it, I have no idea what that would do, I don't know whether the swooshing is important or not.

GiGi
Member # 259

holding is alright also - but it may not get in between the teeth as well as if you keep squeezing it through them. Any old way is better than not doing it.

When the oil gets thick and foamy, then it's time to dispose of it.

If you want to scrape your tongue before you do the oil when you get up in the morning, that gets rid of a load already before doing the oil. I use a small spoon to scrape two three times rinsing the spoon in between. Then do the oil and you have much less to battle every day.

Take care.

randibear
Member # 11290

why does the coconut oil turn white and foamy? does that mean anything?

--------------------

GiGi
Member # 259

The sunflower oil I use also gets white and foamy.
I have never taken it to a lab to investigate, but I assume this is how the toxins are picked up. Some days it gets thicker and more quickly than on other days - especially during a detox phase when I am concentrating on detoxing metals.

Hope it helps you.

MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

quote:
Originally posted by linky123:
I use Flora brand sunflower oil. A doctor recommended it and it works well. I have to order it on the internet. Just do a google search and it should come up.

Good luck.

Thanks linky. I want to report back having bought this brand and tried it and it is more effective than the coconut oil I had been using. My coconut oil still worked, but this is better. I was not able to buy any cold pressed sunflower or sesame oils in my local stores, but internet/mail ordered this one.
jwick25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15190

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jwick25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,

I just started oil pulling with coconut oil. I've done it only twice so far.

How frequently should this be done? Daily? Every other day?

Thanks,
jwick25

Posts: 711 | From Bucks County, PA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think daily is a good idea, if you can keep up with it. On an empty stomach for 20 minutes, spit out, then rinse with warm salted water.

I use coconut oil also. I think it's a good choice.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

anyone else experience a herx reaction from oil pulling after a week or so? It could have just been a random flare but it really felt like a herx.
faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi, what brand do you buy and where on the internet do you buy it?

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Haven't seen GiGi post in a while. Hoping she's doing well!
jwick25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15190

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jwick25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm curious about the herx issue as well.

I've read comments from several people who believe that oil pulling may be causing them to herx.

What I'd like to understand is how this would work.

If the oil collects and traps the bacteria/toxins in the mouth, and is then spit out, how would a herx occur?

Please understand that I'm not doubting that oil pulling can cause herxes. In fact, I am wondering if I had one.

I'd just love to learn how a herx would occur if the bacteria that would release toxins is spit out?

Posts: 711 | From Bucks County, PA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

it's probably the act of getting them stirred up enough to get them out...er something like that...

--------------------

jwick25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15190

Hmmmm...that could be it.

I'd love to know more about it. I've been oil pulling only every other day in case it causes me to herx.

Maya12
Member # 36392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maya12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This sounds really interesting, can you use olive oil as well and is it safe to do this if you have murcery fillings?
Posts: 1632 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement