LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Why is Lyme listed in this Bioterrorism Manual?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why is Lyme listed in this Bioterrorism Manual?
Eight Legs Bad
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13680

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Eight Legs Bad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is a "hard-to-catch, easy-to-cure" disease like Lyme listed in the Bioterrorism Resource Manual published by the
American Society of Health-System Pharmacists in 2002?

Could it be because it's a serious, chronic, hard-to-detect neurologically-incapacitating nightmare of a disease in reality?

Elena

--------------------
Justice will be ours.

Posts: 786 | From UK | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlp38     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One that was modified to be that way in a lab.

Things that make you go hmmm.

Posts: 707 | From Colorado | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Al
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme information has been denied by the government in Canada on the basis of national security

I read this on their lyme forum .

Posts: 789 | From CT, | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbh93
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbh93     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this manual available to the public? I'd sure like to see it.

--------------------
------------
It took 20 years to find out I'm not crazy.
New bite in 2010 pushed my body over the edge. Positive for lyme, babs, bart, and myco.
I am not a doctor and happily offer only my own opinions.

Posts: 357 | From The Beach | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TxLymie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxLymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too...how did you find this? Where can we pull it to read it?

--------------------
TxLymie
IgG-Negative
IgM - Postive bands 23 and 41

Other dx: 2000: Endometriosis 2009: Chronic EBV, Mycoplasma infection, HHV6, H.pylori

Posts: 297 | From Houston | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthPaw
Member # 35229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthPaw     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found a copy here:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/ahfs-di-bioterrorism-resource-manual-american-society-of-health-system-pharmacists/1005170222

Posts: 99 | From Cali | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI - There are other places that state Lyme is or can be a bio-terrorism threat... This article (below) gets pretty close to saying it.

-----

Identifying Tick Genes Could Halt Disease, Bioterrorism Threat

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/09/040903084610.htm

A number of ticks in the United States spread pathogens that the CDC considers potential bioterrorism weapons. The family to which I. scapularis belongs, Ixodidae, carries many of the microbes included on the CDC's Select Biological Agents and Toxins list. Among the diseases caused worldwide by these organisms are Rocky Mountain spotted fever, tularemia, Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever and tick-borne encephalitic diseases.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More -

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1497264/pdf/11880662.pdf

As a result of our efforts, federal, state, and local communities are improving
their public health capacities to respond to these types of emergencies. For
many of us in public health, developing plans and capacities to respond to acts
of bioterrorism is an extension of our long-standing roles and responsibilities.
These are stated in the CDC Mission Statement: to promote health and quality
of life by preventing and controlling disease, injury, and disability, and the
Bioterrorism Mission: to lead the public health effort in enhancing readiness to
detect and respond to bioterrorism.
CDC�s infectious diseases control efforts are summarized below:
� Initially formed to address malaria control in 1946;
� Established the Epidemic Intelligence Service in 1951;
� Participated in global smallpox eradication and other immunization programs;
� Estimated 800�1,000+ field investigations/year since late 1990s;
� New diseases: Legionnaire�s Disease, toxic shock syndrome, Lyme disease,
HIV, hantavirus pulmonary syndrome, West Nile, etc.
� Today: focus on emerging infections and bioterrorism.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brucellosis was also considered for bioterrorism years ago...I tested positive to this twice in 09.

One doctor wouldn't even take test ,so impossible, Pulm. doc did and 3 days later said yes..

So out then tried treating that ,then decided not it. guess what ,they have some kinda family to to spirochetes.

Because of this medical zig -zag I was on rifampin or zith or Doxy for a long while working on it. That's when I knew on ABX live, off who knows. And told all the other slams everyone here has gone through.

Once it was a 6 week treatment for latent TB, no test to prove, and then abruptly told to stop at 4 1/2 weeks.

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigstan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigstan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look no farther then Nazi, Erich Traub whom the U.S. brought over to work at Plum Island Bio-warfare in early 1950's. Traub was into biological weapons � ticks and mosquitoes.

As we know the first reported case was in Lyme, Connecticut early 70's which is located just over the water from Plum Island.

Former Governor Jessie Ventura did a story on his show Conspiracy Theory last fall 2010. You can find it on You Tube.

But this news has been around awhile about Eric Traub just do a Google search with his name and LD.

Jessie Ventura article interview:

http://uinterview.com/uqa/jesse-ventura

--------------------
HERX is a Four Letter Word!

Posts: 716 | From If you're going through hell, keep going......Winston Churchill | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a theory that they mixed mycoplasma and brucellosis with it. I've seen patents online for such. We don't have any smoking gun.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robin see above, Nonna
Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and people call me crazy....uh huh...i've always said there was something to this.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BuffyFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BuffyFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw that show with Jessie Ventura, v ery interesting, and they want to move the biowarfare lab(whatever it's called) to Kansas!!
Posts: 287 | From somewhere | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie C
Member # 14

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annie C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the 1st books written In 1944. Just after Pearl Harbor. Also they and I will leave it as they... They grow the bacteria With Certain Abx as to make it harder to treat using Abx.

It can be and is sprayed into certain air space ie cities. And then they wait to see how it affects us yes us. The USA. They The CDC are aware and has made it so difficult to dx us. Again power and control.

Even the Drs know we have it. And to get a correct dx the CDC and Gov Military can not learn just exactly how many complications and drugs and more drugs and Psych drugs for our depression from all the unaswered reasons for our sporadic and consistent pain.
And by then we all need a Head Shrink cuz we,, well they say we are loopy lulu. And here is where Our determination goes into overdrive. Ya they say it's all in our head. No truer words could exPlain just how fast Lyme goes Neuro.

So we are given Psych drugs like M&Ms when our drug of choice is Abx. And we leave their office more ****ed off and more confused... What is wrong with these Drs? Can they not see our health goes down hill right in front of them. Only to be told im a hypochondriac.

Also there was a study done in 1951 you can find most of this on youtube The germwar is carefully monitored because if they used a more invasive bacteria and too many die. There goes their research.

Yes I do feel a whole lot better by calling it every thing itt not.

--------------------
May God Bless you every day. And Never say never and do not give up no matter what. We need you to help others.

Posts: 1288 | From Tetons Wyoming | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

There's also the issue of the dead microbiologists...

http://911review.org/Wiki/DeadMicrobiologists.shtml

Eight Legs Bad
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eight Legs Bad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Al, do you have the particular post you read on a Canadian Lyme forum?

I'd be interested to see it - thanks.

To the person who said "there's no smoking gun":-

To my mind, the wealth of evidence demonstrating that Lyme is studied in BSL-4 (maximum security biocontainment) labs, and the totally disproportional number of leading members of the Denialist camp who "just happen" to be biowarfare researchers constitutes a smoking gun.

I have written articles about these issues which are here:

www.elenacook.org

quote:
Originally posted by Al:
Lyme information has been denied by the government in Canada on the basis of national security

I read this on their lyme forum .

--------------------
Justice will be ours.

Posts: 786 | From UK | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mom2kids
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mom2kids     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to clarify, Eight Legs Bad, Lyme is "studied" in a BSL-4 lab and a BSL-5 lab is where deadly, incurable diseases like Ebola and Bubonic Plague are "studied". So the government considers Lyme only one step down from these almost instant killers...

I feel more and more reassured everyday that our government is working so hard to protect us (said dripping in sarcasm...).

--------------------
Down on her knees, she wept on the floor.
This hopeless life, she wanted no more.
Dead in the mind and cold to the bone,
She opened her eyes and saw she was alone. ~Seether

Posts: 427 | From Rhode Island | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eight legs, I read one of your articles and you convinced me. If there was ever doubt, there is none now. I just don't know if it was intentionally released by anyone other than a madman.

Scary. I have been so isolated, trying to take care of this on my own, telling the GP what to give me. Now I realize how futile that has been. If this is a bioweapon, I may never recover.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
klutzo
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a book on this you can get at the library or buy on Amazon called "Lab 257: Plum Island". About half of the book is footnotes to document and prove what the book says. Read it and weep.

klutzo

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eight Legs Bad
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eight Legs Bad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the contrary, the fact that Lyme is studied for its use as biological weapon may be a reason for HOPE for the present victims rather than despair.

Ken Alibek, who defected from his top position in the Soviet biowar industry to work in the US, has said that the US never worked with agents for which they lacked either a CURE or a prevention such as a vaccine.

It's very possible there is a cure out there for all - but first we need a public expose of the cover-up.

At the very least, an end to the coverup would allow honest civilian researchers to work without fear of persecution to find effective cures. Further, all relevant information about the disease could then be made known to those who wish to find a cure, rather than forcing them to work with incomplete or inaccurate information, and possibly misleading DNA sequences from EIS researchers who will put a MILITARY agenda before the public's health every time.

There is NO national security issue here. They are protecting NO ONE with this coverup. Google scientist Ali Karami of Teheran and you will see how they are fooling no one but our own civilian doctors and the public.

Elena

quote:
Originally posted by nefferdun:
... If this is a bioweapon, I may never recover.

--------------------
Justice will be ours.

Final Equinox
Member # 34533

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Final Equinox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Research the history of the Rockefeller Foundation and the Rockefeller Institute.

You'll find a rabbitt (ala Alice and Wonderland) of connections from the creation of the AMA amd ADA, direct and long-term influence on the medical education and public education systems over the past century. Not to mention all the sordid activities related to funding and fueling both sides of the conflict in WWII (where did Erich Traub enjoy a fellowship prior to WWII? - the Rockefeller Institute).

If you told me 2 years ago that I would come to the conspirscy-related conclusions that seem so obvious to me now, I'd have laughed it off.

It's not a pleasant story, but we have to be willing to look at the dark. It only thrives when we refuse to look at it...drawn into the light it loses all power.

If a system produces the same result over and over, eventually one can conclude it is producing the result it was designed to.

I'd say 98%+ of our medical professionals are good and decent people. But our medical/pharmacologicl "healthcare" system is producing exactly what it's designed to: chronically ill, impaired and dependent, and very profitable patients. Just examine the absolute avalanche of new and exploding illnesses "emerging" over the last 50 years.

Anyway...just my opinion. The heartening news is it seems that more and more are waking up to this game. Your own research may or may not bring you to a similar place.

--------------------
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.

Posts: 30 | From Louisville, KY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement