LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » seeking help/not doing any better/not sure

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: seeking help/not doing any better/not sure
nonna05
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not sure what's up ,but can't seem to do even the little I could a few weeks ago... been on mepron, omniceft, biaxin salmento,noni, burbur,atreminison and other supps, .. Taken off off Valtrex at first of month .statrtedB and mag ..usually to tired to get all this in.

Am taking all supps at once, then all ABX at one time then all drops at once ,twice a day. I'm not mobile or consistant enough to spread things out more.

Saw Dr. at first of month , for 3 days I was able to put on clothes and go out with help for a couple hours and then nothing. Been in bed most of the time since.

I'll get the sweats again ,once in a while, general body pain,always, with the added knees, elbows and other weird spots that just hurt.

I was suppossed to get MRI that I'd waited for ever to get approved. I have rescheduled it 4 times .was supposed to go tonight at 7 and still couldn't pull it together. Now chilled. Am on line for help.

It-s not like I like being in this spot...Don''t like bed ,need bath, must catch up on mail,it[s on my bed ,but can't wrap brain around doing it. Need air and around humans.

Please is any of this usual?? Can it be the lay you flat before something kicks in and I start going...

[ 12-21-2011, 03:43 AM: Message edited by: nonna05 ]

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't want to give up any ABX's ,but could something just be draining energy??? and is that what it does before kicks in????? Something's are better,but overall this is one of the oddest periods with this illness. To bad I can't get MRI done at 3:20 A.M. /now .I think I would last about an hour and then crash.
Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twicebitten
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twicebitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm certainly no expert, but it sounds to me that your babs may be herxing now??
I know it's tough when you seem to be sliding downhill and don't know what to do. Boy, have I been there.
Are you looking for something specific in the MRI?

I've had 3 MRI's with not much use out of any of them. Well the 3rd I guess proved I did not have MS..but still, really nothing to help me feel better.

I wish you the best, and really hope you find some relief SOON! I just wanted to try and support you a little here. Terrible to be feeling so poorly right here at the holidays.

Speedy recovery..

--------------------
One day at a time

Posts: 409 | From TX | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

The MRI is for breast, way over due cause been trying to find out about this LD stuff and just lost what little energy I had In AUG, I've already had a small surgery and need to watch this. So many changes and then LD diagnosed in Mid=Aug.. So this is not a take your time about it thing..

Doc took me off Diflucan sp?. was only 2 a week...last night in e-mail.

I'm trying so hard ,yet any energy is usually in middle of night when no way to call etc. Plus even though I'm awake something so simple as mail,including bills , are sitting there waiting for me to think.

That's just the tip. I'm sure so many others have it a lot rougher and I'm sorry to whine.. I just need to know if I'm doing what I can and if this crazy C--p is normal for this illness.

Was general pain 2 minutes ago ,now my knee caps and left thigh are freaking out..

I'm trying to watch a show so I don't think about more bad happening and the rest of world ,here, is just getting ready to do a day. Then I'll be tired on top of being tired and another day is lost.

Is any of this usual... Is it the pit or a low spot before a positive change...???

Can't re-spell or type ,Sorry

nonna05
Member # 33557

By the way,THANK YOU twicebitten.

Blessing's for the Holiday's, Nonna

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i would say it's all pretty typical

Have you ever stopped meds for a day or two to see if it really is a herx?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twicebitten
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twicebitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are very welcome nonna, I wish you all the best! Do you have someone to take you to the MRI and help you?

I think maybe cutting back on the meds for a few days is in order too. When you get really scared there is nothing wrong with cutting back a few days. LLMD's have said that all along.

If it's not a herx it may be something unrelated to lyme at all. You should probably check it out with your other issues and everything.

--------------------
One day at a time

Posts: 409 | From TX | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason21
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TBDs affect everybody differently, but what worked the best for me was 6 months of tindamax (500mg) and cipro (250) twice daily with meals.

Some studies have shown that tindamax is THE most effective abx for all forms of LD. The cipro works for bart but also is supposed to help shuttle other abxs into the body's cells.

My 2 cents.

--------------------
Igenex WB IgM 28+, 31IND, 34IND, 41+
WB IgG 30+, 31IND,39 IND, 41++++, 58+, 83-93IND
CD57 = 56
Prob infected since 2000
Doxy, Zith, Biaxin, Flagyl, Levaquin, Tindamax, Cipro
Highly Recommended: Trigger Point Therapy Workbook by Clair Davies

Posts: 137 | From South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

TuTu haven't stopped on purpose for a day or two, but have been so sick we could't get me to do anyhting . That's been a while..I have days close to it ,

Even when started b shots I thought for sure a little action would happen,...I find it hard even to get to the shot....

I just don't understand how much worse/harder to do any thing, than 6 month's ago.

I't like the damage the steroids ,i had Spring/Summer2010 are still causing issues.

Point is /are is it part of the illness ,,levels of crude after new Abx's

manybites
Member # 33750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manybites         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are in the herx for babs ( well bart likes to come out in my case twice) and it takes long to feel a diference and change for the better.

I was the same but overtime as I treated them I felt that my body was comming back the last one is the brain.The second relapse from the car accident was babesia.
It is almost 2 years to reach and take the ful dosage.Try to detox .In the first few months babs is hard than it gets better.

Posts: 1379 | From disable | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement