LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » C.Diff Here/Will I be able to continue Treatment?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: C.Diff Here/Will I be able to continue Treatment?
jeffinca11
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeffinca11   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone,

So I've been having diarhea pretty bad for about 3 weeks now along with abdominal pain. Also, the stool turned bright yellow.

Stopped all abx's when the diahrea started. 1st test for c.diff was negative.

My internist ordered a second one and it tested positive for C. Diff.

I am concerned. I am very sick with Lyme & Co infections still. Treated awhile (about 9 months) on orals.

Then did 5 weeks of rocephin. I could feel the rocephin killing the bugs right away but it destroyed my GI. Since stopping the IV, I've slid back a lot.

I need help.

Those of you who've had C.DIff, were you able to continue treating? Or are abx's out of the question now?

I can't imagine what I will do if I am forced to not treat the Tick Borne DIseases any more.

I am taking vsl #3 2 pills x2 a day. Eating a BRAT diet and lots of garlic.

Adding florastor today.

Please give me some advice. I need to know that I can still go forward.

Thank you.

Posts: 165 | From lymeland | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i got c. diff too. boy was i sick. they gave me flagyl and something else, can't remember.

i was also taking a ton of probiotics. theralac, critical care, florastore, etc.

i had pneumonia recently and really went after the probiotics cause i was put on abx again -- zith.

so far no problems. but i continue to take the probiotics.

for me, i've tried abx and was really scared again. i just can't do it tho. so i'd stay stay away from them.

maybe others would want to risk it, but for me, unless i'm really really ill, i can't do them. plus i have diverticulitis and i don't need the additional problems.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeffinca11
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeffinca11   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you. i don't know what to do as far as treatment going forward.

the doctor wants to treat this first obv. and then see. but i think he wants to resume abx.

just wondering if anyone else went on abx after c.diff.

Posts: 165 | From lymeland | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susank
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In researching IVIG - I remember a reference to C.Diff. A quick check - Wiki has it listed as off-label use for CD. Something you might look into. Particularly if your Immunoglobulin G's are low. If you don't know your IG totals - you might check your past/present metabolic panel in regards to your Globulin and A/G ration. I discussed this in a recent thread that did not generate much interest.

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rife is a good option.

Take care.. I feel for you!!!

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeffinca11
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25584

I had not heard about IVIG for C.Diff.

Just wondering if anyone with C.Diff had it resolve successfully and resume lyme treatment with ABX.

Thanks for all the advice.

kimmie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimmie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I struggled with c diff for a year after IV rocephin destroyed my GI flora. I have not been able to take ABX since then, however, everyone is different. Several folks have taken them again without difficulty.

Getting c diff forced me into alternative medicine and to think outside the box, which I am grateful for. I have made more progress off ABX by using rife, Far sauna and infrared light therapy.

http://www.cdiffdiscuss.org/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=20

Check out the c diff support site above which is very helpful. Do a search for lyme and several c differs fought lyme too. C diff is serious and must be treated. Be careful with future ABX use please.

Bicillin shots may not be as bad on the gut. Avoid clindamycin at it is the #1 offender for c diff. Macrolides such as zith are safer and doxycline/minocycline. Many herbals are ok too. Alternative medicine has really helped me.

Best wishes.

Posts: 747 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
For those who have a hard time with pharmaceuticals, don't give up. There are other paths to consider, especially a rife machine.

Also, even if not rife - by incorporating certain supplements, it might be possible to better tolerate Rx. See the complementary link below.

================================

RIFE MACHINE resources

http://www.lymebook.com/lyme-disease-rife-machines-bryan-rosner

Book: Lyme Disease and Rife Machines by Bryan Rosner

[A MUST-HAVE book, IMO. It's just not safe to proceed until having read this, I think it's that important.]

-------

http://www.youtube.com

Do a cross search for videos at YouTube for: Rosner, Rife � and for Rife, Lyme

==========================

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Rife/

Lyme-Rife group on Yahoo

===========================

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/88778

RIFE Support Discussion Thread here on LymeNet

==========================

MDs are not allowed to introduce the subject of rife. But, if you ask, they can share what they may have heard from patients, etc.

Many LL complementary practitioners incorporate RIFE. You might be able to find one near you or through links here:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/2/13964

How to find an ILADS educated LL professional in complementary fields (naturopathic, acupuncture, etc.)

Also includes article and book links by all kinds of LL authors - and information about herbal and nutritional supplements.

Bionic 880 links, too. (Not rife but still a much different approach that has been very helpful for some.)

===============================================

Sylver's book is very detailed. It is not at all just about lyme, though, as is Rosner's book linked above.

http://www.lymebook.com/rifehandbook?gclid=CJ6E-Irj86wCFQhbhwodvSlwSg

Revised 2011 - hardcover or e-book (reduced price for "ebook")

THE RIFE HANDBOOK OF FREQUENCY THERAPY

with a Holistic Health Primer

- by Nenah Sylver, PhD

DVD is also available of author�s presentation at the Rife Conference.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blinkie
Member # 14470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blinkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been able to continue as long as I take lots of Saccromyces Boullarddi
Posts: 1104 | From N.California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blinkie
Member # 14470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blinkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been able to continue as long as I take lots of Saccromyces Boullarddi
Posts: 1104 | From N.California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeffinca11
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25584

Florastor states you should it should not be taken by someone who has a central line ie. a picc.

I'm not sure about rife machines. Have people gotten better using them?

I know abx's work b/c I feel them working. I feel like crap while i'm taking them but then will feel a little better for awhile.

What a disease. It's a beast.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement