LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » One dilated pupil?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: One dilated pupil?
Kudzuslipper
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any one ever have this? Just my right eye, i just noticed is twice as big as my left. Could this be from abx?

I read a bit online, some say stroke or brain tumor... I really think I would feel something...don't you?

Also said eyedrops....and I was using them today. But used them In Both eyes.

What do You think?

Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was told it can be from toxic exposure.
Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhitneyS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhitneyS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES-- I've had this. and it would happen frequently for about a year. I also used to feel lopsided vision, like i could see more out of one eye.

I don't know exactly what made it go away, but its gone, and I'm still alive :-) I also notice one eyelid droops more than the other. its VERY slight, no one would notice it but me.

I THINK its just from everything combine...I mean, think of all the crap we have in our bodies...

Posts: 844 | From CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i remember years ago i noticed it on one of my kids. i was alramed but doc said it is common. hes 37 now and it never amounted to anything

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adie_syndrome
Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My next door neighbor has this. His eye doctor told him to get tested for lyme based on it. Sure enough, he has lyme disease.

The eye doctor has seen it a lot in people who turn out to have lyme.

So, since these folks are not on antibiotics when this happens to them, it is definitely the disease.

My poor neighbor was first sent to the ER, told he likely had a brain tumor, got him all afraid, etc. Then, after many tests, the ER sent him away and said he was OK.

He was ticked off! Ha. Then, he went to the eye doctor and was on his way to a diagnosis.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kudzuslipper
Member # 31915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kudzuslipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for your responses guys. it was freaky, but back to the same size this morning.

when will this all be done? it's so hard to know what's what...

Posts: 1728 | From USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took ONE Rifampin and woke up with one enlarged pupil and felt really toxin in the brain.

I can't risk a dilated eye since I was just diagnosed with "acute angle glaucoma".

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had this a by and agree with TF. Lyme.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
finallylyme
Member # 33807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for finallylyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an "Adie's Pupil". This is a fixed mid dilated pupil. I've had it since may. To get to this diagnosis I had an MRI and saw an opthalmologist that did a very extensive exam, including tests to rule out neurologic issues...
Anyways, my point is this.

SEE A DR!!!

They ruled out so many things, it would have been stupid to assume it was no big deal.

--------------------
I have Lyme - but it doesn't have me.

Posts: 70 | From ohio | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my neighbor's case, the dilated pupil came and went. It was not permanently dilated for months on end.
Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cattail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cattail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a dilated pupil on the left side when my Bell's Palsy acts up. When the lid is droopy it shadows the eye some and this causes the dilation.
Posts: 319 | From Mass | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fordace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fordace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mine dialates off and on, never getting huge, but larger than the other....been doing this for a few years
Posts: 208 | From Hudson Valley, New York | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had this for years, until I got my bart and babs under control. Septra was the drug that helped against my headaches and dilated pupil. Still to this day, when my tick infections flair, so does my pupil.
Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement