LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Urine Odor, Anyone

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Urine Odor, Anyone
phyl6648
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phyl6648     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wondering if anyone has urine odor, don't mean to be gross but my urine has a sulfur smell Especially of the morning but can be off and on all day..I drink lots of water and urine clear and had it checked, no UTI.. Also having trouble with Incontinence.. I am falling apart all over..
Nothing has changed with meds or supplements..I didn't mention the odor to the doc to embarassed just told them to ck my urine as I was going often.. I know this is a no, no to not be honest with the doc ..

Tks.

Posts: 1058 | From VA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Frequency is very common for those with toxicity issues - and there are multiple "stealth" infections (and parasite) issues for many who have lyme.

Bladder irritation and inflammation can be calmed to some degree with certain supplements like d-mannose but you'd want a layered approach. Mostly likely, a typical urine test will not show all that affect those who deal with lyme & co. Still, it's a place to begin.

Just in case, you might check your definition of "lots" of water. Be sure it's enough but also not too much. "Lots" can mean different things to different people. I could guess and say 10-12 glasses of water a day but it's a guess.

Those with toxicity issues need more than the typical 8. At times when I've been most ill, I've needed up to a gallon a day - but before making that a habit, I'd want to know more.

Are you taking garlic or allicin capsules? A urine sulfur smell comes very quickly for me after that. Even within a half hour, it seems.

Eating any foods that contain sulfur?

Perhaps, a logical explanation will come to light. Two different searches get a quite few links of interest with a Google search:

urine, sulfur+odor

urine, sulfur+odor, foods

Beyond that:

METHLATION issues ? Lots of threads here about problems some of us have with that. For an overview, just Google:

methylation, Amy+Yasko

methylation, Amy+Yasko, urine+odor
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robbiem
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robbiem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Phyl

Yes, I used to go through it along with ongoing UTIs and kidney infections.

I tried DMannose to no avail.

The sulfur smell has nothing to do with what you are eating, btw.

Two things that I found helped it stop

#1 Rub a decent tea tree essential oil diluted in a carrier oil such as olive oil onto your entire lower abdomen (not on genitals themselves though as this could be a disaster!) twice daily -- once am and once pm.

#2 If no relief with that, give Clay a try both topically as well as a very small amount internally for a few days and see if that stops it.

I honestly think it is either fungal or bacterial ---- therefore why the Tea Tree worked so well for me with the clay in combo when necessary.

Posts: 192 | From New England | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Multivitamins can cause a urine odor that can be strong.
Posts: 213 | From ohio | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get strongly sulfur-smelling urine when I take Ceftin. It isn't listed as a known side-effect, so it may have to do with methylation cycle issues (I know I have a number of variants)...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you eat vegetables in the cabbage family, like broccoli, your urine smells very strong.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mine used to be so bad you couldn't stay in the house. it was dark dark color sort of a deep yellowish red color.

nope, didn't have kidney infection or anything. i just started drinking lots of water.

now there's not much of an odor at all.

i do know one doctor told me to always check for ammonia as the abx cause the die off and the body can't process it and turns stuff into ammonia which damage the body.

also foods and drinks can cause a strong urine odor and dehydration too

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement