LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » "lyme rage"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "lyme rage"
Indy
Member # 31913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Indy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure if med ? or support ?... my emotions are running riot. I cry one min. the shut down the next.

Then I have an outburst- which is humilating because, it is as if I'm outside of myself watching this rageing temper tantrium & there is nothing I can do to stop it.

It leaves me feeling sooo afraid, and ashamed. this is not me. I have had to isolate myself,as I don't want to hurt anyone or the dogs ect.

is this lyme, or bart, or just me going crazy?
If anyone has been through this & has suggestions please let me know

Thank you Indy

--------------------
"Real power is usually unspectacular, a simple setting aside of fear that allows the free flow of love. But it changes everything" -MBeck

Posts: 11 | From Florida/Western Pa. | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you treating bart? That's what it sounds like to me.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Indy
Member # 31913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Indy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no, my llmd said he didn't think I had it. I saw him last in Oct. I go back on tues. I was just reading more about bart, I can check off each of the symptoms including rash(I gave the pics to my llmd last time). Maybe I need a 2nd opinion ? am so frustrated & overwhelmed--

also haveing bad stomach probs. had to have endoscopy, and galblder scan. next have to have digestive elem. study & a stress test per a pcp-- not the llmd

well for now my stomach is not too bad, guess symptoms r taking turns now.

--------------------
"Real power is usually unspectacular, a simple setting aside of fear that allows the free flow of love. But it changes everything" -MBeck

Posts: 11 | From Florida/Western Pa. | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bartonella and don't ignore it
Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with canefan. Run, don't walk, to the closest LLMD.
Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lotus2686
Member # 30680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lotus2686     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, yes and yes. i would say i had this pretty bad and getting so much better with bartonella treatment (rifampin) and treating parasites with herbs helped tremendously.

hang in there. im going through this too.

Posts: 60 | From central nj | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best lyme docs treat all their patients automatically for lyme, babesiosis and bartonella because nearly everyone has all 3.

Sounds like you need a better doctor. You have the bart symptoms and he isn't treating you for bart??? What's with that?

Stomach problems are classic bart. Bad abdominal pain, etc. Classic bart.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
klutzo
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had no temper at all before Lyme. Now I have the rages to the point where I have isolated myself also.

Thanks to Lyme making me extremely TH2 immune dominant, I am allergic to all ABX but fluroquinolones and was told to save them for life-threatening emergency, since taking them a long while would most likely cause an allergy to them too and then I'd be totally screwed.

I had skin tests by an allergist to make sure it was true allergy, not herxing. The allergist actually started to cry when he saw my results. He said if I ever got MRSA or a superbug or any one of several other things, I would die.

Is there anything else I can take to get rid of Bart? I have taken Cipro as long as 2 months once, tried OLE, took Zhang herbs 6 mos. and Samento for 4 years, with Cumanda for 2 months of that.

I get so angry I am amazed I haven't had a stroke. I am afraid I might kill one of our awful neighbors or my husband's monstrous relatives, so we put up a 6 ft. high wood fence all around us with a 6 ft. high solid wood gate, and I cut everyone out of my life but a few lifelong close friends I never get mad at. I don't speak to any of my inlaws anymore.

Am I screwed, or is there something else to try?

klutzo

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are other herbal formulas that some say help with Bart.

A-Bart, Japanese Knotweed, Clove bud oil (a drop or two at most daily...powerful stuff, don't want to take too much internally; make sure it is 100% theraputic grade pure clove oil, not diluted, and don't want perfume grade clove oil because that's not safe to take internally)...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by klutzo:
I had no temper at all before Lyme. Now I have the rages to the point where I have isolated myself also.

Thanks to Lyme making me extremely TH2 immune dominant, I am allergic to all ABX but fluroquinolones and was told to save them for life-threatening emergency, since taking them a long while would most likely cause an allergy to them too and then I'd be totally screwed.

I had skin tests by an allergist to make sure it was true allergy, not herxing. The allergist actually started to cry when he saw my results. He said if I ever got MRSA or a superbug or any one of several other things, I would die.

Is there anything else I can take to get rid of Bart? I have taken Cipro as long as 2 months once, tried OLE, took Zhang herbs 6 mos. and Samento for 4 years, with Cumanda for 2 months of that.

I get so angry I am amazed I haven't had a stroke. I am afraid I might kill one of our awful neighbors or my husband's monstrous relatives, so we put up a 6 ft. high wood fence all around us with a 6 ft. high solid wood gate, and I cut everyone out of my life but a few lifelong close friends I never get mad at. I don't speak to any of my inlaws anymore.

Am I screwed, or is there something else to try?

klutzo

Have you tried things to eliminate allergies, such as AI or NAET?
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
klutzo
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Razzle. I'd not heard about A-Bart or clove oil and will look into them. i had problems with Knotweed.

klutzo

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rivendell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Klutzo and Indy:

I know that stopping inflammation in the brain is KEY to controlling mood swings and emotional outburts.

I use the following:

Fish Oil with EPA of 700 mg. (Nature's Bounty brand.) You can use more as needed.
Fish Oil helps to reduce or end inflammation in the brain and nervous sytem, to balance moods - even Bi-Polar Disorder, and to heal nerve damage and to help rejuvenate new healthy nerve growth in the brain.

Japanese Knotweed. Helps to reduce inflammation and neurotoxins in the brain. Acts similar to Fish Oil, but combining them is really powerful.

My LLMD has me on "Kavinace" which balances the neurotransmitter in the brain. It is a natural product, but can only get it from a doctor or use the doctor's name when buying from their website.

Anything that causes inflammation in the brain and nervous system can cause mood swings and rages. That includes Lyme, which also munches on the nerves, co-infections, an acidic condition of the body, and other diseases.

Some info on the fish oil is available by
going to www.instincttoheal.org
(good info on inflammation.)

Also, Stephen Buhner (Lyme Disease herbalist) answers emails about problems with Lyme and Co-infections. His website is www.buhnerhealinglyme.com. He is used to people talking about rages and all kinds of problems. He is a good soul.

Good Luck!

Posts: 1358 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rivendell
Member # 19922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rivendell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Klutzo,

Sorry. I see that you posted that you had trouble with Knotweed.

Stephen Buhner says to try "Stephania" in place of Knotweed, if you have trouble with. Or he says to try "Larch".

Posts: 1358 | From Midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
To help balance mood and reactions to any level of surprises:
------------

AVOID: Scented & chemical products; Dyes; artificial anything in you, on you, around you.

Aspartame, Spenda, MSG, and "Natural Flavors" as they are not really natural at all and very much like MSG, neuro-excitatory and possibly toxic.

Call the company of any food products you consume with "Natural Flavors" and find out EXACTLY what this means to them and how they acquire such.

ASSESS: Heavy Metals; parasites; mold reactions.

CONSUME, DO:

Fish oil. OmegaBrite.

Magnesium. Glycinate, Citrate, NaturalCalm, etc.

Adrenal support.

Sleep.

Feed & Water frequently. (Nuts, avocados, sardines, wild salmon, rich & colorful foods from the earth.)

--------------------------------------

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/89790

Topic: NATURAL SLEEP - Links to articles & supplements

ADRENAL SUPPORT LINKS are included here.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's one symptom I don't miss is Rage. Rest assured, it does go away with treatment.

Follow Keebler's notes. It is spot on.

Good luck.

Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Indy
Member # 31913

Thank you guys sooo much. I can't tell you how good it is to read your responses right now. I just got home from my apt w/my llmd. I will be looking for a new one. He still doesn't think that I have Bart.

He changed me to ceftin 500mg(bid), from doxy 100mg(bid) and wanted me to take thorazine to "calm my nerves"! Not going to even fill the thorazine.

I am going to try your suggestions and the lyme anti-inflamitory diet.

thank you all for reminding me that there is hope, and help.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement