LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Lithium Orotate,thoughts, experiences?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lithium Orotate,thoughts, experiences?
tricia386
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi so I have been dealing with a lot of anxiety and depression.

I mean who isn't the stress of this disease the fear of never getting better, the herxs, the side effects and the infections themselves.

I have bartonella, a heavy load. I have yet to treat worked on Babs and Lyme first about to go after Bart again.I tried to take Levaquin but it was to much.

Anyways....

I have been doing a lot of reading about lithium orotate and about to ask my LLMD if I can try it.

Has anyone tried it. What were your experiences?

Is it safe?

I know I need to treat bart it will get rid of al ot of the anxiety and panic.

But I need a lil something to get me through.
I get so nevrous all the time about medicines that it makes me wanna stop...

[loco]

--------------------
Lyme activated in April 2010 by gardasil vaccine.
DX: Lyme,Babs,Myco,Bart 11/10
Treatment Started: 3/28/11

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take one tablet daily . It has calming effect .
It is neuroregenerative and supports the brain .
I also take Sam E , fish oil , B Vitamins and a LOW dose of zoloft . These all help a ton!

You can read reviews of it at iherb or amazon. I do not think I could say it would be enough alone for me . It does have a calming effect for me. However , if I take 2 I feel wired .

Some people take a lot more . Worth a try . Also , look into a medical food called deplin and read reviews at drugs.com .

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Yes, it is very safe, in low dose.

At the time I tried it to help calm seizures.

Also consider L-Taurine along with your magnesium. Both calm down the neuro-toxicity reaction of the excitatory NMDA receptors.

For Fish Oil: OmegaBrite.

As the anxiety with lyme & co. comes from toxicity, also be sure to have adequate LIVER support - and also ADRENAL support.
-

[ 04-28-2013, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/89790

Topic: NATURAL SLEEP - Links to articles & supplements

ADRENAL SUPPORT (to help decrease anxiety) LINKS are included here.

=======================================

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=030792;p=0

LIVER & KIDNEY SUPPORT & and several HERXHEIMER support links, too.
-

[ 04-28-2013, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
I love to learn about the range of opportunities (and understand any cautions) for everything I consume. I hope this helps as you make your decision.

Some very interesting detail here:
-----------------------------------------------

http://tahomaclinicblog.com/lithium-the-misunderstood-mineral-part-1/

Lithium � The Misunderstood Mineral, Part 1

&

http://tahomaclinicblog.com/lithium-the-misunderstood-mineral-part-2/

Lithium � The Misunderstood Mineral, Part 2

- by Dr. Jonathan V. Wright, MD

====================

http://www.vrp.com/dispatcher?search=lithium%20orotate&type=ARTICLES&sortOrder=RELEVANCE&pageSize=10&page=1

Search: Lithium Orotate - 9 articles

from Library of VRP, Vitamin Research Products (with excellent 3rd party research citations).

VRP is also an very reliable source for supplements. Be sure you have an excellent source as they are not all the same.

====================

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=Lithium%20Orotate

PubMed Search:

Lithium Orotate � 7 medical abstracts

====================

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/calcium-orotate/orotates-mineral-transporters

Orotates and the mineral transporters - by Ed Sharpe

====================

All those links are GENERAL. I know there are some articles specific to Lithium Orotate as used for support in tick-borne disease treatment.

But I have to stop there. It would be best to find those, too.
-

tricia386
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Keebler as always for your information.

I am doing Milk Thistle and NAC for liver support.

I just hate this anxiety and panic its hard to do treatment when your scared to take anything

--------------------

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
I understand caution with new items as I really have to be careful with anything that is even slightly stimulating - or too sedating.

It's just important start LO very low dose or it can be TOO sedating.

Buy a small bottle at first for anything new. With this, you'll know within a few days if it resonates with you.

I mentioned L-Taurine as that is a calming amino acid that we are often deficient in, so it's also worth some study. You can do the same kind of search as above for L-Taurine, or just Taurine.

Best to consult with a LL ND.

Good luck and Take Care.
-

[ 04-28-2013, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

tricia386
Member # 29623

Keebler are you in remission. Are you treating?

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
I am not in remission. I am not treating, per se, other than one or two of the most important things when the budget allows.

Like many, just doing the best possible with available resources which is often just a thin shoe string.

Trying to learn more each day so that the tools I do have can be most effective. I jsut share detail about things that have helped me at various times when I could do those - or things I learned when I could consult with a LL ND (or other NDs along the way) - or what I've read.
-

[ 04-28-2013, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

nowishow
Member # 27440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nowishow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use Lithium Orotate and find it helps me with fear and anxiety. I think it helps with me with brain pressure too. Here's what I get:

http://www.iherb.com/Doctor-s-Best-Best-Lithium-Orotate-200-Tablets/22628?at=0

I take one tablet a day, 5mg

Posts: 8 | From Sonoma County, CA | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

How long did it take to know if it was working ?

--------------------

FYRECRACKER
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FYRECRACKER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took three tabs per day I think it seemed to help.

--------------------
www.mylymechronicle.wordpress.com

Posts: 885 | From US | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

It helped with anxiety and panic?? How long till you noticed it working?

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
tricia,

it started working immediately, as I recall. Within an hour, anyway, it's very relaxing. Best to take your first dose of an evening when you are not going to be out driving, etc.

Be sure to drink water all throughout the day and evening, too.

Good luck.
-

tricia386
Member # 29623

Okay. I think I might give it a try and helpe reduce some anxiety and panic.

--------------------

bearlythere
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31973

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bearlythere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have used LO with good success although I found a supplement called Zen and it works wonders.

Zen is all natural and it stops the anxiety in minutes.

Posts: 131 | From Maryland/USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr's Best has that Magnesium Sterate that's been on a few post
Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might check out a medical food that helps your body make the righr chemicals: deplin - if you google deplin and reviews , you will find more info.

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Thanks annxyzz, I will look into it.

Have you taken it?

--------------------

nowishow
Member # 27440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nowishow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It took about a week before I started noticing a difference, but I'm only taking 5 mg a day. I wasn't sure it was helping until I stopped taking it and then about 1 1/2 weeks later I started getting really anxious and fearful again.
Posts: 8 | From Sonoma County, CA | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lala
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take 15mg LO per day and it helped. I also take tryptophan before sleep, omega 3 and strong B's.

How much zoloft do you take, annxyzz ? I considered adding this one too, but I am not too sure about dose as I had big problems with standard dose.

Posts: 125 | From eu | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Does the tryptophan help at night

--------------------

Lala
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it does, but I can not take large dose, I have nightmares then. But I currently fight with bartonella.
Posts: 125 | From eu | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

I hate bartonella . [Frown]

--------------------

Lala
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29864

From my experience bartonella is worst from everything. [Frown]
skies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tricia--I sent you a PM a while back, but you did not reply..

--------------------
"The simple things can get you through the hardest times."  -

Posts: 628 | From Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

up to help someone who just asked about this
Marz
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonder if it causes withdrawal symptoms of anxiety like a benzo when you'd stop it "cold turkey"?

Can that happen?

Posts: 1297 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Marz,

Not sure if this happened to you or you'd just want to know in advance.

The links, the literature will detail the best way to take this, and the best way to stop at which time that may be desired.

It's not addictive, though, if that is what you are asking. It's a nutrient, a mineral food, really. Not a manufactured chemical.

So, while if stopped "cold turkey" there may be a noticiable difference, my bet is that it's not going to provoke withdrawal as with benzos.

Usually, for those with lyme, it's best to start nearly anything with a tiny dose and only gradually increase over time. If one would want to stop and all seems okay, backing back down the same way would be best. Slowly.

I've tried this a couple times in hopes that it would help my brain avoid seizures - years ago. It was just not the right one for me.

I can't recall just why it was not the best fit for me, but I only tried one brand and I don't recall all the other variables at that time. I might just have needed a wider range of support, too.

That was before I got internet service so I was not as able to study it, though. It may have even been before the internet was available. (Yes, there was a time not so long ago.)

There are other articles that detail litium orotate for those with lyme. A web cross search should find those.

Very often, lyme changes a lot about how we are to take things.

And, of course, your LLMD might best advise.

For nearly anything I take, I probably read at least 15 articles so I can combine the wisdom. I hope you find the above links of help but also do search for more. It's out there.

Good luck.
-

GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://tahomaclinicblog.com/lithium-the-misunderstood-mineral-part-1/

Be sure to read Part 2 also.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
http://www.publichealthalert.org/Articles/Bryanrosner/lithium.htm

Lithium Orotate in Support of Lyme Disease treatment

Excerpt from "The Top 10 Lyme Disease Treatments" - by Bryan Rosner

Article sections:

Protection for your brain

Lithium and neurotoxicity

Lithium and Lyme Disease

Other benefits of lithium

Prescription vs. over-the-counter lithium

Conclusion and product information
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
This set is frequently posted when discussing support methods but I noticed it was not in this set. Just in case there is someone new to all this:

When considering herbal / nutritional / adjunct methods:

if at all possible - because each person & each case is different - it's best to consult with an ILADS-educated LL ND (lyme literate naturopathic doctor) (or similar) who has completed four years of post-graduate medical education in the field of herbal and nutritional medicine -

- and someone who is current with ILADS' research & presentations, past and present, and has completed the ILADS Physician Training Program (see: www.ilads.org )

Many LL NDs incorporate antibiotics (depending upon the licensing laws in their state). Some LLMDs and LL NDs have good working relationships.

When possible, it's great to have both a LLMD and LL ND and even better when they have a long-standing professional relationship.

-----------------------

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/2/13964

How to find an ILADS-educated LL:

N.D. (Naturopathic Doctor);

L.Ac. (Acupuncturist);

D.Ay. (Doctor of Ayurvedic Medicine);

D.O.M. (Doctor of Oriental Medicine);

Integrative / Holistic M.D., etc. (Be aware that those in this category can have various levels of formal herbal &/or nutritional education, perhaps even just a short course. Do ask first.)

Links to many articles and books by holistic-minded LL doctors of various degrees who all have this basic approach in common:

Understanding of the importance of addressing the infection(s) fully head-on with specific measures from all corners of medicine;

knowing which supplements have direct impact, which are only support and which are both.

You can compare and contrast many approaches.

BASIC HERBAL EDUCATIONAL & SAFETY links . . . .
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
poppy just posted this at another thread:

Lithium can make hypothyroidism worse. That may be why it appeared to cause fatigue.
-

amk33
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amk33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lithium orotate made my heart arrythmias worse, so I stopped.
Posts: 418 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement