LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » INTERESTING : Twitches calmed with ONE dose of ivermectin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: INTERESTING : Twitches calmed with ONE dose of ivermectin
annxyzz
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am employing some of the parasite ideas shared here and tried a safe one , ivermectin.
I took one DOSE AND WOKE UP WITH VERY LITTLE TWITCHING !

TYpically I wake up with INTENSE twitching sensations under the skin . They are NOT muscle twitches or spasms . It usually feels like I have a small army or scattered goldfish having seizures or swishing around . It is the weirdest
sensation, and many here have it ,

The twitching is almost gone this morning !
I am not having a severe herx .

I have to wonder if :
the ivermectin is targeting a pathogen/ organism
If part of our disease an organism that will NEVER respond to ABX , because most relapse
with them and only have partial improvement .

I will keep you posted on this.

Also , ivermectin is pretty safe and may be purchased at Tractor Supply for horses ( apple flavored ) like Mr Ed . And it is the same as the pricy drug ! It is dirt cheap .

Vet meds are same quality as people meds - pharmacy grade .

Thanks here to Sparkle for sharing her experiences . She is a kind lady .

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has been my thought.... that this may be the key to many who have not responded to treatment.

I'm watching all of the Ivermectin posts.

I don't get in to see the doc until end of January. I'm hoping this will be the key for me.

Please continue to post your progress.

Yes, Sparkle has lots of info.

BTW - If Sparkle is out there. How is your treatment going?

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Annxyzz -- my personal best guess would be that the ivermectin is treating babesia or some other blood borne parasite.

I was just getting ready to order some ivermectin online from China -- may need to check out Tractor Supply -- there is one about 45 minutes away.

This is the website I was looking at

http://www.easterndrugs.com/Pet-Care/heartGard_166.html

Hubby's LLMD has given him their blessing to add this med to his treatment protocol but is afraid to write the scrip as there is no medical literature supporting the use of the med in tickborne diseases in humans. The LLMD is afraid of medical board investigations.

The doc wrote a low dose scrip and hubby took a one month supply over 3 days. It seemed to improve his RDW and he could tell the med was helping. He will be taking the ivermectin 3 days per week and continue with artemesinin 3 days per week with a one day break in between the two.

Will stay on flagyl daily along with doxy and high dose malarone and high dose lariam weekly. Then in a couple of weeks when the supply becomes available he will add in the herb sida acuta.

And if that doesn't do the trick not sure what to try next. His LLMD still says they have never known anyone that actually got rid of babesia duncani but is willing to keep trying new things thank goodness.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hearing so much about worms I took some of the horse ivermectin myself. I set my weight on the tube and pumped it out onto a cracker. My ^%$# that was so gross!!!

No wonder my horses hate it. I felt nothing at all so I assumed I am worm free. I am glad it helped you though.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I appreciate this feedback ! I bought the apple flavored aand stuck it in applesauce and it was easy and painless and cheap .

I am not (YET ) noticing a big herx , but the twitching is almost gone today and I feel less fatigued noticeably . I think it is worth trying
and believe there is more than lyme involved for many of us .

I am having no side effects so far .

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamers
Member # 28016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting this. I was going to post on my main remaining symptoms in a thread. Mainly being fatigue and the strange vibrating under my skin all over. Sounds like what you are describing. I have been treating Bart for 5 months now and remember on another post someone mentioning this 'twitching' went away with parasite treatment.

Im hoping that the parasite cleanse I just bought will help also, otherwise I will try the Ivermectin from the Tractor Supply Store!

--------------------
Diagnosed Pos. Lyme Nov. 17, 2010, Igx.
Pos. Babesia Duncani March 2011, Igx.
Clinical diagnosis for Bartonella

Posts: 1127 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

I wonder if ivermectin could knock out babs or FRYE bug ?

--------------------
annxyzz

annxyzz
Member # 20404

WOW BEA ! This drug site has CHEAP MEDS ! I see Clindamycin , I believe ( antirobe ? ) and DOXY .

For those who need to save and are self treating , a good resource . Vet meds have also been found on amazon ( Thomas Labs ) - doxy , flagyl, cephalexin and cipro . I have purchased them with good results .

--------------------
annxyzz

canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I've heard many people think it has activity (possibly indirectly) on Bartonella.
Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, you don't have to buy from China or drive to the Tractor Supply store. Amazon has the horse version- http://www.amazon.com/Ivermectin-Paste-6-08-gm-Syringe/dp/B003NTOI76/ref=pd_sim_petsupplies_3 and some use the Zimecterin Gold, same site.

Annxyzz- I hope this tx makes things better and better for you- interesting!

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Annxyzz, I know exactly what you mean when you say it feels like a goldfish flopping around. I described it to my doc as a coin being flat under my skin and then being flipped over.

Such an odd sensation. I frequently get weird movements in my stomach that don't feel like muscle spasms, if I didn't know better I would think I were pregnant, so weird!!

I really want to try ivermectin but have been so afraid of a horrible herx!!

Maybe I will get the nerve to try it soon.

Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Well I am having some side effects now : Dark brown hair appearing on my shins: thickening of toes that are appearing clubbed ; an obsession with images of oats ... SNORTING TOO!

Anyone remember : "WILBUR!!" ?

--------------------
annxyzz

annxyzz
Member # 20404

Bea ,
Why did he take a month supply in 3 days ?
Any problems with that ?

--------------------
annxyzz

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone!

I got mine from horse.com. I loosely followed Dr. K/Dr. Y anti-parasite protocol with vet meds. I think it was helpful but I'm still having pain in my body. My first diagnosis was fibromyalgia.

I'm not sure what is causing it but I don't think living in the NE is helpful. I felt better in the south. Might be EMFs or the weather??? Warm & sunny was much better than damp & chilly.

A while back, I felt the popping sensation under my skin. It may be parasite related...? It's hard to say. I do think it's worthwhile to do an anti-parasite protocol. I had alot of nasty stuff inside me & I had no idea. I think it's better to try to get it out as best as possible.

It took a couple of years of trying stuff to get it out. I focused on herbs mostly but the horse meds were very helpful & cheap.

I'm going to continue doing anti-parasite herbs or drugs on occasion. I dowse my meds to see what I need - so, I can usually tell from doing that.

I'm continuing with Parastroy, mimosa pudica, & olive leaf extract these days. I do dowse the horse meds to see if I need them, as well. I've been getting a strong yes for the mimosa pudica.

It seems like a kind of "light weight" herb but I seem to be getting a strong response for it these days. Dr. K said it was better than the drugs for some reason.

I heard it addresses hidden lungworm.

Just be careful with these things. You need to do enough but if you start herxing badly - back off for a few days. The body needs time to heal but you do have to take enough to kill the parasites. They will come back if you don't take enough for long enough time.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
annxyzz,

The doc who wrote the prescrption was very conservative in the dosing -- to get to the suggested dose based on weight hubby started with 1.5 mg his first dose the first day and then took 3 mg the next dose and worked his way up to 9 mg per day on the 3rd day.

He plans to continue at 12 or 15mg daily 3 days per week with his doc's ok.

Hubby said he just had a mild headache for an hour or two after each dose, but no other herx type symptoms. He just felt more energized and his brain felt much clearer following the medication.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I read, it's a pretty safe drug. I think there was an animal study where they gave an animal 60 times the "normal" dosage & it was fine.

I think it's a possible die-off that may be something to be concerned with. The parasites, themselves, can be quite toxic.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Annxyzz,

Ivermectin is also the ingredient in the heartworm medicine I give my dogs. It comes in tablet form, but is more expensive than what you got at Tractor Supply, I believe.

I took it for ten days a couple of years ago - an md prescribed it. It was rough, lots of stomach pain, so I guess it was working on something.

I am going to treat for parasites in a few weeks. How much of the horse stuff do you take?

Thanks.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

I bought the cheap apple flavored horse syringe ivermectin at Tractor supply . It is measured and the entire syringe feeds a 1200 lb horse . I divided my weight , and squeezed out about one inch of paste , put it in applesauce and downed it .
I normally wake up fluish and with extreme twitching . I had neither this morning .

I will probably try something along the lines of Bea's suggestions above . Sparkle used the
Dr K protocol, loosely .

I will be interested to read any future remarks from people who try this .

Sidenote : I have had one month of feeling pain in my sternum similar to costochondritis . Today it is gone.

This is personal anecdotal , but we can learn from one another .

--------------------
annxyzz

lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so is bea the only one that got a prescription for it? this sounds so scarey to me...but i am interested

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An md prescribed it to me after doing a week or two of Alinia. He said when he gave it to me that they used it on cows and horses.

That was a little unsettling! I used it and felt kind of rotten, but he said that was to be expected and that it was safe.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Readying about everyone sharing the dosing. I would caution those who buy it without direction...my daughter herxed unlike anything else on just 1/4 pill! It didn't hit really hard until the 4th week.

Everyone reacts differently, and each reaction is personal. That's why I think it's dangerous to give medical advice on this board.

That used to be a rule on this board. We can't recommend dosage treatment here. State what you are doing personally, but always direct someone back to their LLMD.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Many drugs are used on people and animals . Also , veterinary drugs ( pet meds ) ARE PHARMACY GRADE . They are set to same pharmacetical standards .

If you buy pet doxycycline , it is DOXYCYCLINE . Ask your pharmacist , mine said so . They're the same chemically , but they are FAR FAR CHEAPER .

Ivermectin has been used on people around the world for different infections for years , as well as used for animals.

This is not a risky exercise, and if you look up Dr Eva Sapi , you will find an article stating that docs in Europe are using it in Europe with lyme and it is definitely helping a portion of their patients .
All treatment with lyme is experimental .

--------------------
annxyzz

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Not everyone can afford LLMDs. They also do not know how to treat people, either. I have found after going to many, many doctors that they are making educated guesses just like I can do for myself for free.

I have been ill for over 17 years. I have done the research for myself. No doctor has been able to cure me after all of this time.

There have been many people here who have done the research & made themselves well or at leat done no harm. I know people here who have gotten worse by listening to their LLMDs.

Just my opinion... We all are experimenting - whether it's through a doctor or through our own judgements. It's not for everyone but there are alot of people who do not have access to LLMDs or cannot afford them.

When I lived down south - natropathic medicine is actually illeagal in the state I was in. I always advise caution & doing research but sometimes we have to take matters into our own hands. It's not for everyone but it's what I chose to do.

annxyzz
Member # 20404

Well said , Sparkle . In many states there are no LLMd s. And the few people I have known who found an LLMD spent a lot of money and did not improve significantly and resorted eventually to
alternatives they tried themselves .

I am not confident that most LLMDs can cure very many of us at this time, due to lack of critical info . This is a save yourself disease , IMO .

I found an article by Dr Eva Sapi , that stated
there are doctors in Europe having some success with lyme patients and ivermectin . That implied
it helped SOME of them .

--------------------
annxyzz

seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Kelmo -- I do agree that everyone is different and responds differently to meds.

On the other hand -- I personally think it is important to share med doseages for a couple of reasons. First hubby has learned the long and hard way that med doses which are not high enough to be bactericidal just waste time and money in the long run. I think it is important for people to know what the goal is that they are working towards.

Now I am not advocating taking the ivermectin at Dr K doses which are actually much higher than what hubby plans to do.

And in most cases I always tell people to consult a doc. But the reality is that whether a doc is prescribing a med or not all medications have potential side effects.

Hubby usually starts all meds at 1/4 of the therapeutic doses or less -- regardless of what his doc says to do. We have learned that lesson the hard way too. And hubby did start the ivermectin at what I consider a low dose (1/2 of a 3 mg pill).

I usually work out some kind of projected schedule for hubby as to how much and how quickly to increase meds, but I leave the final decision up to him.

When researching ivermectin I actually came to the conclusion that I would be a lot more concerned about taking flagyl than ivermectin. The side effect profile of flagyl is so much worse. It is a much more toxic drug in my opinion. Also when researching at www.drugs.com I was surprised at how little interaction there is with ivermectin and other meds.

Hubby has already been on high dose babesia meds for a year so I felt he could tolerate this drug without a lot of problems. He has also done other parasite meds and treatments over the years so we do know what symptoms to watch out for.

December was a bad month for hubby. He feels like his babesia treatment is losing ground. I told him I would do whatever I could to make sure he does not have another crash and end up in the ER and hospital again. And for him right now that means attacking the babesia from another angle. Ivermectin works in a completely different way than any of the other babesia meds he is taking. Will it work? I don't know but the alternative of doing nothing was not an option in my mind.

Hubby and I are not happy that we have to get the med without a prescription. I am glad it is relatively cheap as far as drugs go. But I am not at all happy that our doc feels threatened by the medical establishment. Ivermectin is actually approved for human use -- just not for use in treating tickborne diseases.

We had hoped to have more concrete test results so we would know how to proceed going forward. But unfortunately all Clongen lab has been able to determine is that hubby has some sort of blood borne parasite which visually resembles babesia. The PCR tests did not produce any results. So we just have to go forward with the info we have.

Steve has pretty much decided that if this experiment and the next herbal attempt do not work out then he will try again to come off babesia meds for a couple of weeks to try to get a more definitive test result. If it comes to that we will most likely send blood to multiple labs next time -- Clongen and F lab and maybe even SpiroStat.

At this point I feel like we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Yes this is an experiment. But sometimes calculated risks are not only prudent but necessary.

This is not medical advice, just my opinions based on hubby's experiences.

Bea Seibert

sparkle7
Member # 10397

I agree with Bea about dosages & protocols. Much of the dosing for lyme related illness is experimental. This is the whole issue with LLMDs & why we even have LLMDs.

We have to try to learn from each other in this respect. There is no "standard" treatment for Lyme & related illnesses. The doctors that I have seen were really making educated guesses. The LLMD I spoke to about parasites was completely useless in regards to any sort of treatment. He told me to contact the CDC... This was over 2 years ago. I wish I didn't waste so much time dealing with this issue.

I'm still not well but I'm glad I got rid of the parasites. I'm sure they weren't helping my health at all. I'm going to continue to take anti-parasite herbs or drugs if/when needed.

annxyzz
Member # 20404

Note : I have had a second dose of ivermectin and STILL have no twitches!!

Who knows what this means ! Whatever causes the crazy twitching sensations seems to be affected by ivermectin anyway . I have never taken anything else that had such a pronounced effect on twitching at least for now .

--------------------
annxyzz

Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am using Organic Mimosa Pudica from Hopkington Drug 800-439-4441 that Dr K has talked about.

I am so amazed how how its helping me with pain,anxiety and over all sense of well being.

Will be adding Ivermectin down the line.

When I ran out of Mimosa I had a bad experience with it. My friend bought me some from our local herb store.

Not all herbs r created equal due to where they come from and how they r processed.

Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Cruz,
Thank you for sharing your experience . We are each beggars trying to help one another " find bread" in our journey to improve.

May I ask, what do you think the mimosa herb is targeting ?

Is it expensive ? Do you think it afftects babs ,lyme, or parasites ?

How much do you take and how long can it be taken ?
Has it made you have more energy ? Have you felt less sickall over (fluish ) ?

Any details you can supply are helpful to many .
Thank you for sharing the number !

--------------------
annxyzz

CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this is a great thread. Annyzz keep us posted. I think it's fine to share dosages etc....no one is making medical recommendations I don't think.

Let's see if I have this right: people are trying to get up to 12 mg per day, for 3-4 days per week, for several weeks? What is the endpoint?

Bea, does your hubby have that Fry bug? Perhaps that is what his problem is? Did your LLMD really say that no one has gotten rid of babesia?! Wow. I know many who have appeared to....have not had symptoms of it for several years now.

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

CD57,

Hubby has never been tested for the FL1953 -- can't ever remember the correct spelling of the new protozoa.

And yes, hubby's LLMD said that they did not know of anyone that had gotten rid of Babesia Duncani. His doc definitely thinks babesia duncani is much harder to get rid of than other babesia species.

Of course the same doc said that if you only had lyme and bartonella and did not have babesia then you should be able to get rid of the bartonella in a month or so. Not sure I agree it is that easy, but not sure I know anyone that does not also have babesia.

Bea Seibert

annxyzz
Member # 20404

Readers : FYI I have googled "ivermectin lyme disease and found some interesting sites and articles.

You might check out Dr Eva Sapi's articles AND
" jenna's lyme bog ivermectin "

It documents other lyme patients responding to anti protozoa drugs . The author of the blog in particular made progress with a drug similar to
ivermectin Thought I would share that you can find other lyme-ers blogging about their alternatives and results in cyber space .

Evidently the twitching is common. I suspect it is not lyme and a protozoa also. Maybe not babs at all either.

Dr Sapi finds in her studies that 40% of ticks are worm infested .

[ 01-12-2012, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: annxyzz ]

--------------------
annxyzz

annxyzz
Member # 20404

MISC NOTES :
I have been googling and surfing a few hours
using " ivermectin babesia"
"ivermectin lyme disease "

What I seem to be finding : it appears that ivermectin is used by some doctors in Europe and Africa for both lyme and babesia ( also South America ) . I also found a blog or two of lyme people who improved with it .

I also found that it appears babesia in cattle is treated with ivermectin.

I share this not to encourage anyone to do anything BUT LOOK FOR YOURSELF . I am surprised the number of blogs and articles that I found .
I wish each reader success in their search . I hope WE are the ones who unlock the mystery . We certainly can not sit and wait and hope for someone else to find our answer. Maybe together we can progress . Blessings to all.

--------------------
annxyzz

CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will check out Jenna's Lyme blog. Annxyzz, how are you feeling?
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

I AM herxing, but it is not severe . I can tell I am herxing by lymph nodes on neck area. It is killing something.

The GOOD (VERY) is that I can breathe FAR better ! FAR better! I have had struggles with feeling like I have an eternal chest infection and also episodes of costochondritis. As a matter of fact , the first things I noticed was : I can breathe ! I am not having intense twitching!

I am going to continue this, though I may try Bea's idea of scheduling and rotating with art.

I felt lousy yesterday, but GOOD today . I can breathe comfortably , even through my nose . Because I breathe better, the fatigue is improved . I do think this is worth trying for a while , esp after reading a few blogs where others say it helped them. I will keep others posted. So far , other than some herxing staarting second day ( Sparkle was right ) I feel better and have no side effects.
I am startled by the improvement in my breathing . SO NICE!!

--------------------
annxyzz

Amanda
Member # 14107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find many of these threads helpful, and am glad people post them.

However I feel behooved to point out that TAKING ANY MEDICATION, VET OR OTHERWISE, NOT AS DIRECTED ON TEH LABEL IS UNLAWFUL.

SO, if you have any concerns that the authorities soemwhere know who you are, you might want to be careful. Though rare, people have had children taken from them, have been committed to institutions agaisnt their will, had souses put in nursing homes etc.

You know those jackasses read through these sites sometimes.

Also, there is much lesss oversight and QA/QC done for vet meds, so I would NOT assume that they are as safe as human meds.

Finally, just adjusting for weight from an animal to a human is not a direct conversion. A similar weight animal may have a faster or slower metabolism, thus affecting the concentration in the blood stream.

Just be careful, all I'm sayin

--------------------
"few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" - Mark Twain

Posts: 1008 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Amanda,
Most of us are capable of calculating . And ivermectin is used on humans all of the time .
I did not notice anyone watching me at Tractor Supply .

100 mg of doxy or cipro or flagyl is still the same , whether it has a fish or a dog or a chicken on the bottle. It has to be pharmacetical grade period , held to high standards .

Most people here READ a whole lot and can synthesize the information to analyze risk .

I see nothing I have done as careless . I am not advising anyone else to do anything .

--------------------
annxyzz

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Yes, I have studied this, too. The dosage for horses per pound is the same as for humans. I believe some doctors may be increasing the dosage but I don't know for sure.

The real crime is that it's about $5 for horses as opposed to $100s for humans + you have to pay a doctor. People have saved $1000s by self treating. To me, the criminals (if there are any) would be the powers that rule who make people go through this game.

If they are watching me - so be it... Plenty of everyday people are cheating on their taxes, driving while intoxicated, running red lights, speeding, smoking marijuana, having sex before the age of 18, etc., etc. I guess they can't lock everyone up just yet.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

PS - I appreciate your concern, Amanda.

It's just that I wish I knew about all of this 17 years ago. I lost alot being ill all of those years. Self treating is not for everyone but there comes a time when you have to do something.

Go slow, take it easy, research everything & make a decision - which will hopefully be the correct one. We all make mistakes - even those doctors we pay $750 an hour to...

manybites
Member # 33750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manybites         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried Ivermectin on my own 2 years ago for a month and it made me feel better but still felt that I had severe ADHD.After the relapse of the babesia due to the car accident I tried Biaxin plaquinil as Dr F sugest and I reacted right away.Ivermectin could never reach that part of the brain and never stopped my twitching completely but helped .

Now I feel my twitching has lessen more than with any treatment but this time I am taking Plaquinil and Biaxin and reaction lasted with a severe diarea for 4 months.I reacted from antiprotozoal treatment with my doctor for 3 weeks that I combined 3 drugs for the protozoa.Now that I reacted to Biaxin and plaquinil I was sure I had the bart/fry bug.

Now I know that Ivermectin was helping but the combo helped even more.I always was mad of the twitching that never left and felt like colonies of bugs were shaking me internally .I had twitches from head to toe 3 years ago.

I have tried albendanzole as well and many parasites cleansers.Time will tell but my legs never twitch like before .there are moments that I do not feel them at all.I have tried this 4 years of treatment to find which exactly eradicates them but seems that the coinfections are still in me.

I have not fully eradicated all of them yet.

Posts: 1379 | From disable | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Annxyzz,My Md put me on the Mimosa. And Dr Klinghardt suggested it for Lung worm and I think other parasites.

20 min after the first dose I felt better. So I did lots of searches and found it regenerates nerves,good for anxiety,depression,antibacterial,anti-parasitic and more.

Its called The Sensitive plant and does go by other names.

I ran out of it as did everyone else,as it was being held in customs. And I crashed BIG time. I saw my Md and Babs and Myco had reared their heads.

I am back on it now and feel better again. Not really sure what its addressing for me. Many r on it and I have not seen anyone anywhere share the positives I have.

My Doc has it and he gets it from Hopkinton Drug
800-439-4441 I think its $53 from the pharmacy plus shipping.

Its taken for 3 mo and then a break and then 3 mo again.I take 6 a day. 2 3X a day. And of course check with your docs or practioners.My Md energy tests me.

You can search here and there r threads where peeps have talked about it.

I have no clue what its helping but I am so grateful to be having very little pain,I am way calmer,feel grounded,feel like me after 30 yrs of hell.

I had horrible vibrating,buzzing in my body that went along with pain,and am in awe how I am feeling.

Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

If you google "ivermectin lyme disease " you will see that it is being used experimentally in a lot of places . There are lots of other health boards where people post about it .

Also , Dr Eva Sapi's articles on lyme disease (she studies ticks ) mention worms and some doctors trying worm drugs with good results . From one blog I read a story about a lady who saw a doc in S. America ( went back to visit family ) whose S. American doc gave her this for a year and she got well .

I read another blog that stated a lyme patient felt better quickly with it , and felt immediately she could breathe better . ( SO DO I! At least now.)

I am breathing so much better and I am not twitching, but I do not know how long this will last . It is all experimental. I have actually been prescribed this drug years ago .

I think that stubborn parasites may need to be treated for up to a year intermittently .

We can be thankful for the internet where so much info can be found : risks, side effects, interactions, dosage, etc... And also , for the fact that we can share with one another . Sparkle's experience is helpful to me. Reading Bea's doctor's feedback is very helpful .

I recently tried to find affordable insurance . I sought high and low to find a policy that covered labs like MRIs or CT scans etc.. The cheapest policy was $1,000. 00 monthly . And this was for a perfectly healthy person !
I am not well enough to work . However, I qualify for no health discount or state aid as I am not in the streets indigent . There is nothing at all affordable, and the reason there are people like me at Tractor Supply is due to the state of US health care . Affordability is not the goal of most - it is profit .
Most of us are doing what we have to do to have a life . And may add that using ABX beyond six weeks is "UNLAWFUL" in some states .

--------------------
annxyzz

Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Annxyzz,Have you tried to get disability?
annxyzz
Member # 20404

My doctor considers me disabled. But the benefits would be almost nothing, as I raised children , got sick when they were in HS , and could not go back to being a teacher . I did not work long enough to have significant benefits .

I only wish health insurance were more affordable.

I am going to check out mimosa.

I can only speculate that the ivermectin is hitting babs , as it is used in cows for babs .
It is used in humans for a variety of parasites also . I can not believe how much better I can breathe now . I will keep everyone posted on
this and report updates ( esp on breathing and twitching ) .

--------------------
annxyzz

seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

annxyzz,

Don't want to worry you, but actually ivermectin is used in cows to control ticks to prevent cattle from getting babesia. It is not used as a treatment for babesia.

Hubby and I thought it couldn't hurt to try it with his other babesia meds, but I definitely would not rely on ivermectin as a sole treatment for babesia. I wish there was more research because we all know that mepron and malarone just don't work for a lot of people.

The package insert on ivermectin talks about it increasing Gaba -- I was wondering if that is why it calms your muscles. There are other things that work on Gaba -- actually that is why hubby takes passionflower extract for sleep.

Bea Seibert

glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babesia is sometimes called "The Malaria Of The Northeast" Ivermectin is being used in other countries to treat Malaria, so it would make sense to use it for babs.

Possibly a combo of antiparasitics would be in order such as Dr K's protocol. Peronaly have eradicated my babs, and bart with a combo of antiparasitics and high dose salt/c.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanda
Member # 14107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was not suggesting that anyone was incapable of calculating. Sorry if this came across.

And i don't know about horse metabolism. However, I do know that certain animals metabolize certain medicines more quickly than humans. This was one of the criticism of the mouse study done at UCDavis. the "adjusted" for weight dose of the abx used on the mice was not as effective, because mice cleared the abx out of their system faster. Dogs, on the other hand, don't metabolize certain meds as fast. So a med taken for a 100 lb dog would be too low for a 100 lb person.

IT seems like the ivermectin has been used a lot, so I would not be concerned with that.

I''m just saying as a general rule, I would not assume all vet meds can be converted based on weight alone.

Sadly, in the end we are all just rhesus monkeys when it comes to these diseases...

--------------------
"few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" - Mark Twain

Posts: 1008 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toppers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toppers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to add my experience to this thread. Bought the cheap apple flavored tube from Tractor Supply and took about 1/2" of it. Interesting, breathing is better, twitching rather strong, but I feel physically strong and foot pain is lessened at the moment. I never have symptoms contradicting like this, very interesting. Oh, and my right middle finger is twitching uncontrollably.

I'm digging this, as insane as it is taking horse medication, it's so satisfactory that a $4 item is causing a strong reaction.

Posts: 501 | From Cleveland Ohio | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to try the horse medication, but I have heard it is very dangerous to do this as it is not in pure form as the human pills are. So be careful.

I have only take 2 pills of Ivermectin so far... every other night. It's kicking my butt royally, but it is definitely hitting things that abx never hit... that is what gives me hope.

How is annxyzz doing? Is the twitching gone?

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanda
Member # 14107

Assuming you can get a MD or ND or other prescriber to write a presription, try checking out the prices of Ivermectin at Costco, Walmart or Target.

Also if you do not have any insurance, there is https://www.pparx.org/Intro.php

http://www.myfreemedicine.com/

and

www.needymeds.org

http://www.prescriptionhope.com/

--------------------

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
annxyzz - How are you doing with the Ivermectin? Still no twitching? Any changes in how you are feeling?

Wishing you well...

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up
Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK I looked it up on Amazon.

The only apple flavored one had two other ingredients in it...???? [shake]

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SEREN J WEED
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEREN J WEED     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting topic! Up for more responses

--------------------
SEREN WEED

Posts: 116 | From LOS ANGELES | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

I still have no twitches . I took ivermectin 3 days a week for about five months. I am currently having a kidney infection and off all other meds, so I can not judge progress just yet . I did have some improved days on the ivermectin and will return to it after giving my liver and kidneys a break from anything I do not have to take.

I am grateful to have no twitches now as they were constant . I will report more after I start the ivermectin again and give it a few more months . I think ( personal guess ) it hits babs , maybe lyme too .

--------------------
annxyzz

annxyzz
Member # 20404

There is a PLAIN Durvet brand apple flavored ivermectin with no other drugs in it . Tractor Supply has it and other vet med sites .

--------------------
annxyzz

annxyzz
Member # 20404

The twitches were WEIRD . They were NOT muscle spasms . They felt like little tiny goldfish having seizures or "twitching " inside all over my body . Not painful, just annoying ! I would wake with them daily .

If I took ABX or herbs, they would calm down . HOWEVER , if I forgot and skipped a day of the herbs or abx, the twitches would go crazy and intensify . Then I would remember to take the meds again , and they would calm down .

I took ivermectin three or four days a week for several months . They started calming down right away . Within a couple months they were greatly improved . I have been off the ivermectin for a couple of weeks and am having no twitches now still . I will restart the ivermectin again in a month .

Ivermectin is the only thing I have ever taken that had a clear effect on the twitches for me.

--------------------
annxyzz

nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took ivermectin horse wormer for two weeks. I order stromectol and it came in but I have not tried it yet.

After the ivermectin I did 4 days of chloroquine. I had an extremely bad herx, unable to sleep for days. I discovered I have hashimoto's disease which causes the thyroid to fluctuate from hypo to hyper and chloroquine can aggravate this. It stays in your system 40 days.

When my thyroid went hyper I quit all drugs, even the armour thyroid. That was ten days ago. Then I slowly introduced LDN which I am mixing myself.

My sleep is better but not normal. Otherwise, I am symptom free for the time being. I had stabbing pains in my knee which disappeared when I quit the drugs. I can climb a flight of stairs without feeling breathless. I can think ok. No headheads, no muscle twitching. This is as close to well as I remember feeling.

I am following F's low fat vegan diet to the best of my ability. I believe it has helped me. I believe the ivermectin made a difference and was easy for me to tolerate. I had all over muscle and joint pain the first day, then not much.

I believe the chloroquine was very strong and did something. I will never do it again because of the thyroid response but I would recommend it.

I have the stromectol now and may try it when I am sleeping better. I think I will do three days on and four off.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement