LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I'm Herxing Huge from Changing Diet. Anyone else ever get this ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm Herxing Huge from Changing Diet. Anyone else ever get this ?
lymetwister
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19590

Icon 5 posted      Profile for lymetwister     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tx on hold as I went on "Tilt" from last Rife session. Frequencies were aimed at Candida, then some testing came back that indicated that in fact, Candida is an issue.

I decided to clean up my diet and see what happens, then resume Rife.

I'm exactly a week on Paleo diet and just as I came out of my last Rife Herx, I started this diet.

Within 2 days, I began to Herx again. This time even worse. I cut out Sugars and Carbs, Started high Protein, lots of Greens and Veggies, Grass fed animal Meats.

I'm aching all over, that cold to the bone, emotional, anxiety, etc. All the stuff you read on Candida die off, but my Neuro stuff in the head is also Flairing.

I feel like a Candy bar would give me a break from constant all day symptoms. I'm detoxing as best as I can.

Assuming I'm loaded with Candida, how long would all of this last ?

Trying to follow the MS Dr. who got well on diet alone. Hunter and Gatherer lifestyle is what Paleo is all about.

I'm just stumped that a diet change, and yes, drastic for me, could cause all of this. So, I'm a week in and not going to change back, that would be stupid.

It would be nice if someone could tell me this is normal and will pass. Just so hard to believe. Feel like I did full dose Mepron and perhaps worse. Hope this is a good sign.

Urgh... So Frustrated. Nothing I do makes me feel better and I'm now living as healthy as a sick person can be. Lots of Supps and Binders with my Detox.

Posts: 1227 | From District of Columbia | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mom2kids
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mom2kids     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was recently a thread on almost this same thing. IMO it is probably more of a sugar/carb withdrawal than a true herx. I'll see if I can find the thread, but in the meantime eat something like an apple to get some sugar instead of a candy bar.

--------------------
Down on her knees, she wept on the floor.
This hopeless life, she wanted no more.
Dead in the mind and cold to the bone,
She opened her eyes and saw she was alone. ~Seether

Posts: 427 | From Rhode Island | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mom2kids
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mom2kids     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops, nevermind, it was your thread...

--------------------
Down on her knees, she wept on the floor.
This hopeless life, she wanted no more.
Dead in the mind and cold to the bone,
She opened her eyes and saw she was alone. ~Seether

Posts: 427 | From Rhode Island | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It shouldn't last long. And I agree.. most likely withdrawal symptoms from lack of sugar (poison).

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary,

I would agree at least in part with ManyBites.

It may not be the diet that is causing your increased symptoms. The longer you are off babesia meds the more likely what you are experiencing are babesia symptoms.

This last year has been a real learning experience for hubby. He never thought he would say he felt better on meds than off of them. But he finally either got to high enough doses on the babesia meds or his pathogen load has been lowered enough that he can tell exactly which symptoms are babesia related.

Unfortunately we stopped trying to pulse babesia meds -- he tried 3 times. Lasted 2 1/2 days, 4 1/2 days and then 1 1/2 days each time before needing to resume the babesia meds.

We haven't come up with the magic combo of meds yet, but are still looking.

It is so hard sometimes to figure out which symptom is from which infection.

I wish I knew something to tell you that would help you tolerate the meds better, but the only thing that seemed to work for hubby was to get rid of bartonella so he could concentrate on the babesia.

Unfortunately he is now having issues with ehrlichia which complicates treatment once again. He tried adding in rifampin for the ehrlichia and within a couple of days it was very obvious that the combo of meds was not going to work. Lots of documentation that rifampin decreases blood levels of not only malarone but also lariam and doxy.

I am back to adding in herbs to his meds to see if we can find something that works together to control both babesia and ehrlichia.

He has made one change recently which seems somewhat encouraging, but it is really too early to say what the outcome will be. He switched his niacin to arginine. Not quite up to therapeutic dose yet per Buhner, but can definitely tell it is trying to do something positive.

Hang in there.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement