LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Decongest the Liver

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Decongest the Liver
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are there ways to decongest the liver without doing a liver flush?

Liver flushes scare the crap out of me lol
But I would like to help my liver dump.

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
You really do NOT want your liver to "dump" - too much toxic stuff with no where to go but where it should not.

The liver needs its space and time to do its work. Pushing it is never good. Supporting it, is.

"Stagnation" might be the term you are looking for, as used in Chinese Medicine, to describe a liver that is well, stagnant.

1) You might search "liver" at ITM: www.itmonline.org

ITM has a fabulous Chinese Medicine research library on-line.

2) From Tillotson's book, "The One Earth Herbal Sourcebook:

http://oneearthherbs.squarespace.com/diseases/understanding-the-liver.html

"Understanding the Liver"

http://oneearthherbs.squarespace.com/diseases/herbs-to-help-the-liver.html

"Herbs to Help the Liver"
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
After reading the two chapters - and exploring ITM's site a bit - you may see why it's best to be diagnosed & treated by a doctor with education & experience in this field.

(I'm not talking about dx for lyme here, as you've already been dx for that. I'm talking about diagnosis for what's going on with your liver, and the best way to treat whatever state it - and your body - is in.)
----------------

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/2/13964

How to find an ILADS-educated LL:

N.D. (Naturopathic Doctor);

L.Ac. (Acupuncturist);

D.Ay. (Doctor of Ayurvedic Medicine);

D.O.M. (Doctor of Oriental Medicine);

Integrative / Holistic M.D., etc.

Links to many articles and books by holistic-minded LL doctors of various degrees . . . .
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
There may be other LL NDs, but in a quick search, here is one ND in Houston whom you may want to ask about at your local support group &

at Texas' on-line support through Lyme Disease.org:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/texasLyme

-------

http://www.naturalhealthinnovations.net/about-us/julia-marino.html

In Houston - About Us
-

Lauralyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just did my 2nd liver flush
it wasn't that bad [Smile]

I definitely feel the positive results afterwards.....worth the two days of discomfort.

I eat alot of dandelion greens and drink dandelion tea. Milk thistle never tested well for me.

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for info

I've also heard plant oils/lecithin are good for the liver.

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
canefan,

Not sure what you mean by plant oils. Since lecithin is mentioned, I'm thinking you mean things like sesame seed oil, nut oils, coconut oil, sea buckthorn oil, olive oil and the like.

And, yes, generally, they are. Just read up on what kinds need to be cold pressed and how to find FRESH oils and how to keep them fresh. Old oils are toxic.

However, if you are talking about "essential oils" from plants be very, VERY careful. Some are just not intended for internal use as they can cause serious burns. Some are okay, in certain formulations and under precise administration.

It takes a bit of study but Essential Oil Safety can be sorted through with a good web search or by talking to an herbalist, etc.
-

baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A very gentle way to detox the liver is with the lemon olive-oil drink.

In a blender add one whole organic lemon (skin on), 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, 1 or 1/1/2 cups water, and one packet stevia or juice. Blend, then sift through strainer and drink. It's best in the AM on an empty stomach.

Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abby-do
Member # 25440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abby-do     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
baileypup...is this a onetime drink or couple days in a row???

What exactly does it do?

--------------------
I am not a Doctor and I never played one on TV, I'm just a lab rat with Lyme trying to rid myself of this horrible disease.

Posts: 88 | From Florida | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurenMiddleTN
Member # 35174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurenMiddleTN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Abby-do and baileypup, [hi]
I would be interested in knowing more about this Lemon Olive-oil drink as well.
Thanks!

--------------------
Bite: 5/08, Bulls-eye rash; test:neg. Doxy Treated.
Relapse 5/09: test: neg. Doxy Treated.
Relapse 6/10: back2bake test-neg: Request Western Blot: POSITIVE Currently - 4th round of treatment.
"Sharing my Experience, Strength and Hope."

Posts: 35 | From Middle TN | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tiffagoo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tiffagoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to let you know a little about my liver experience. I was on antibiotics. Tindamax, Ceftin, Zithromax, and artimisinin for about 3 months. I began to go into liver failure. My LLMD told me to get Med Caps DPO and Milk Thistle. These actually made my liver worse, and I went to see a hepatologist. He told me to stop everything including all vitamins, etc.

After 6 months my liver began to recover. It was a really scary situation. I realize there are ways to help your liver but in my case my hapatologist told me to stop everything and eat normally no special diet, no special drinks. Just no pills at all. Well, except for my thyroid pill because I have Hashimotos Thyroid Disease. Other than that, I was to do nothing at all. Sometimes I think the best thing is to do nothing at all, just let your body take a break from everything. Just a thought!!!

Posts: 151 | From california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

tiffagoo,

That's a good point - it's always so hard to do when sick because the diseased mind (or mine at least) thinks more is better. Or that immediate action is required.

Bartonella for me causes OCD and often times that means obsessing about every little thing and constantly trying to perfect it (e.g. liver)

I might also add that I get sharp liver pains from Bart and if I overeat (and am already constipated)

So clearing the bowels effectively and treating Bart effectively make sense to me.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Clark liver flush is something to be cautious of. In my case, I was glad I did it because I realized I had a big parasite problem. The downside was that I got so ill after, I was in so much pain, I couldn't walk for 10 days after.

I would advise caution. Looks for less harsh ways to clean the liver... There are ways you can do it gradually. I think milk thistle is more protective than for "cleaning" the liver.

Lots of companies have liver herb extract combos. I don't know the herbs off the top of my head but you can look into it & study it further.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Plant Oils help with the liver.

Buhner has a Liver book that details a diet that involves minimizing heavy fats but using plant oils.

I think it's a 30 day deal.

There is a soup that involves Beets, Kale, artichoke, spirulina, etc

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
tiffagoo has a point. There are times when stopping all supplements (and all meds if possible) can be a good thing - if one's LLMD gives the okay.

Focusing on exceedingly healthful food can go a long way. Sometimes, all the "support" supplements can be a load on the organs, too.

Of course, when on Rx, they can help protect the liver, etc. but - if it's time for a Rx vacation, it may be a good time to focus just on good foods for our nutrient needs.

Some NDs suggest this at least one weekend a month - or one week a month.

Probiotics are important everyday but brands should be alternated from time to time.

For those who have trouble tolerating Rx, RIFE MACHINE might be a good consideration. Support supplements are still best, for the most part, but not necessarily every day as rife is not done every day.

Support supplements are also best when rotated. Some NDs do this every 3 weeks.

----------

RIFE Links:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=114429;p=0
-

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement