LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Have + bands curious

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Have + bands curious
LymeCS1988
Member # 35979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeCS1988     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Recently came down with another flare up of symptoms long story short. Have had /lyme poss. babs. treated a few years ago . Had a blot done recently curious what bands are or arent good lyme indicators . alot of #'s circled so ill post them all not 100% what all this means . Test was done by imugen labs . says IGGblot at the top .
41, 45, 66, 69, 85 , 30 , 61 , 58, 77, 34, 39, .
an igm panel was circled as well <1.0 was reference. I was circled at 1.0

I understand some of it. Ill keep it short some of the symptoms consisting of , head pressure ear fullness . Malar rash that gets hot comes and goes. Tremors , panicky feelings . I would love any insight on this stuff any help is much apprec. Sorry for the rambling

Posts: 6 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You had all of those bands show positive??? I don't recognize some of the bands, like 69, 85 and 77 ...??

Western Blot Explanation
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/42077

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChuckG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19093

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChuckG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
an igm panel was circled as well <1.0 was reference. I was circled at 1.0
is a positive ELISA.

They test for two strains of Bb, 49736 and G39/40.

Should be a "B. borgdorferi 49736" possibly followed by list of bands.

Also should be a "B. burgdoferi G39/40" also possibly followed by list of bands.

Five bands is a positive. Which five I can not determine. Probably CDC five.

There also might be an "Osp A+" and an "Osp A-"

Lymetoo
quote:
I don't recognize some of the bands, like 69, 85 and 77 ...??
Add 54 and 63 to the 69, 77 and 85.

63 is OppA-3. 69 may be p73 Hsp70. 77 probably is Hsp90. 85 probably is 83-93.

Posts: 426 | From Berkeley, CA | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeCS1988
Member # 35979

Icon 8 posted      Profile for LymeCS1988     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All those bands were circled by my pcp hard to make out what is or isnt important . Funny thing is was I was in remission for a year maybe a little more .Started biaxin for an ear infection around xmas of last year . Then 4th day on it bang flu like symptoms stiff neck etc.. and all symptoms to follow. Didnt even think about a herx. until just now . Wow looks like things got stirred up for sure .Started to feel better only did 10days of the biaxin . Have an appt . with pcp and llmd. to come again . hard to pin if any co's are involved I know the symptons are so overlapping .
Had every ra and inflamation panel done . ana's and the rest of the inflamation markers were negative . Consultated with a rheumy. who didnt slap lupus on me surprisingly as its happened a bunch of times malar rash blooms and I get handed literature on prednisone and lupus

Symptoms this time around
Mostly , light sensitivity , random tingling facial , blotchy rashes on hands, facial flushing , fullness in ears/along with oceanlike sounds and fluttering noises, helmet like headaches come and go not severe , dizzyness, anxious feelings/panicky .Neck/radiating to shoulder pain , hot itchy ears , all wax and wane,

[ 01-30-2012, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: LymeCS1988 ]

Posts: 6 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeCS1988
Member # 35979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeCS1988     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got a call from my rheumy. today . sed rate and all other inflamation markers are normal. Ana's all negative except 1 panel says ana by ifr. weak positive. The dna and all other ana panels negative . Has anyone else had that happen with lyme
Summer3
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 35286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Summer3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had all of those tests come up normal as well and have Lyme confirmed by western blot.

--------------------
http://www.lymepie.blogspot.com

Posts: 1129 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement