LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Dizziness

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dizziness
birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdie67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoping someone has some good suggestions to help with my constant dizziness. Herbs, anything?

Thanks so much!

Posts: 486 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babesia treatment!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Yes, treatment for babesia usually helps. Lyme can cause dizziness but, it seems more to come from babesia &/or other coinfections.

I hope your LLMD has assessed you for the full panel.

In the meantime, GINGER CAPSULES (tea might help but the capsules, at a continued full dose are much more effective).

MAGNESIUM, too, is helpful.

Also - some Rx can cause dizziness, especially minocycline, azithromycin (zithromax), or Biaxin.

LIVER SUPPORT is absolutely vital for anyone with any reason for dizziness. It's explained in the thread below.

Low blood sugar can cause dizziness, too. Be sure to get enough protein, good fats and vegetables 5 times a day. Small meals are best.

------------

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=065801

Topic: TINNITUS: Ringing Between The Ears; Vestibular, Balance, Hearing with compiled links - including HYPERACUSIS

---------------------------

Lying down with your torso elevated to a 30 degree angle (head & shoulders higher than leg) is the best position for the inner ear.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdie67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you very much for your reply. I will try the ginger, i have some here.

I am at the very beginning of treatment. My Doctor just tested me for Lyme plus co-infections through Igenex, but won't have the results back for 3 weeks.

I have been "off" for 14 years though. Lot's of strange symptoms but never anything to point to Lyme until now. Now that I am learning more, I wish I had been aware much earlier. I always somehow thought it was most likely MS.

I had a MRI done years ago and it came back negative for lesions so I have always just tried to battle through my strange symptoms.

In the last year I have gotten giardia twice and that prompted me to look into everything more and then saw a LLMD in my town last week. She feels strongly that I do have Lyme plus co-infections.

I am scared but very thankful to find this board and the support here.

Posts: 486 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talktel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Talktel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ever since I'm on the herb cryptolepsis, my dizziness is better.

--------------------
RI

Posts: 440 | From New York | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Thank you Talktel. I have never heard of that herb but will definitely look into it.
Larae30
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larae30     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dizziness was one of my first symptoms. I remember walking down hallways and feeling like it was vertigo or something.

I recently found out I have babesia also, so that explains why I have been dizzy on and off.

I have found that OTC motion sickness meds can help when it's really bad and I eat ginger and do ginger teas etc... not sure how much they help. My dizziness fluctuates quite a bit and hasn't been as bad lately. For some reason it was worse at the beginning when everything started.

I hope you can get some relief!!

--------------------
Treating lyme, bart and babs

Posts: 506 | From NE | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickpuppy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickpuppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try chlorella, charcoal pills, and lots of water. For me, I think the dizziness is from toxins (die-off).
Posts: 702 | From North Eastern USA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
manybites
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manybites         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dizziness is babesia definitely.Only the treatment will give you the relief.
Posts: 1379 | From disable | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimmy1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmy1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Birdie67, I've had a lot of trouble with dizziness lately. For me it's almost like being seasick.

We're currently treating the Babesia. And to help me through the really rough patches, my LLMD prescribed Meclizine to keep it on hand if things get really bad. I have to say during a particulary bad spell recently, one Meclizine pill helped me tremendously.

Posts: 251 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twicebitten
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twicebitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had dizziness on and off for years. My pcp tried giving me some pills for it, but they never really helped much.

Mine usually passes in a few months. Treatment for the infections is the way to go. Maybe not what you want to hear though.

I never found anything to help much except to lie down for awhile.

--------------------
One day at a time

Posts: 409 | From TX | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dal123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dal123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am taking Allegra and it seems to help. The mimosa pudica kicked off a big round of dizziness I have not had before, not the same kind of herx I had on Doxy and then when switching to mino, another herx with dizziness but not the same as this one. After the Mimosa Pudica herx, being off of it a few days experienced another type of vertigo, primarily from pollen and eustachian tubes, so am taking Allegra, I found out it can also help with herx as it acts as an antihistamine to help with the allergy to the herx ( toxins ).
Posts: 532 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Thank you very much for the great suggestions. It seems to be one of my worst symptoms, that and stomach stuff, but they seem to go hand in hand.

I will try the Allegra, I have taken that in the past and it did seem to help. I also have some Meclizine here too, so may give that a try too. (not at same time though) [Smile]

It's so nice to get help here and know that I am not alone!!

Thank you again.

Kristen J.
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kristen J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In addition to all co-infections i had a potassium deficiency. I think taking minerals plus potassium helped.
Posts: 116 | From California | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Thank you Kristen. I will try some potassium. I have in the past and it did seem to help but haven't taken any in awhile.

Thanks again!

manybites
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manybites         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny you mentioned potasium.I was in hospital after the car accident and my WBC and RBC were very low.I was in IV and the docs were trying to convince me that I have no babesia based on their test.My nightsweats and air hunger were to the roof and I was forced in hospital to stop artemisin while having a full blown babesia case.I was forced to take potasium as the levels were to low for the heart I was told ( since than I am never the same ) as I was the worst patient they ever had in the cancer unit ( acute cancer they called my full blown babs case).
They recomended I take Blood transfusion and suplements of potasium ( they used bags of IV in hospital) .I run out of the hospital the moment I took the blood transfusion.I went back to treat babs.It is BABESIA that causes all these.Treat babesia and all the blood work will get better.My RBC and WBC went back to normal once I was in babesia treatment.My levels were lowest that they ever saw.TOO BAD THEY RELY ON THEIR BLOOD TEST.

BABESIA CAUSES IT IF IT IS ACTIVATED.

Posts: 1379 | From disable | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dal123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dal123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Major Herx on Mimosa Pudica today after doing loading doses last Th-Sat (yesterday) & stopped today. Taking advantage of the full moon to hit bugs hard. I had to stop the mimosa for a while due to high iron (2 months ) and had just started back on it last Thurs. Very dizzy, had to do lymph, castor oil packs,etc. What causes the dizziness?

Another thing today did some EDS testing & parasites came up 1st thing as a priority.

Posts: 532 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement