LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » beginning artemisinin - and nothing else?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: beginning artemisinin - and nothing else?
cjb425
Member # 23349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cjb425     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone!

My llmd prescribed me artemisinin (for babesia) for several weeks to see how i do on it, but i've read things here and there about how you should have a binder while taking this medicine?

He says if it doesn't help and if my lyme symptoms get worse he is going to prescribe cats claw along with this. I really want the artesmisinin to be enough, but I feel like it isn't going to be. What do I need to do to make it more effective? Any advice? Thank you!!

Posts: 39 | From marlborough, ct | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I read here, Artemisinin is NEVER enough alone to do anything for Babesia. [Frown]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cjb425
Member # 23349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cjb425     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what i'm afraid of :\ i think he might add things as I go along - I'm not sure. Maybe at the very least it'll give me a chance to feel for some side effects and see how I do.
Posts: 39 | From marlborough, ct | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sad thing is that ten people will say you need this drug or that drug with the art to recover . Then you will read ten posts by peeps who took the "right " drugs for years and RELAPSED .

What is enough to get rid of lyme or babesia ? The truth is there is no clear answer and everything that worked for patient A will fail patient B . As Buhner says , everything with this disease is experimental .

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine started me on just Art at first as well for Babs. Then we upped the Art. Then added Zith. Now finally on Mepron.

She said that some people can kick Babs with just the Art, but I too was skeptical and it didn't work for me.

OTOH, I don't think any harm was done. I needed to start somewhere and I know I couldn't have handled starting Art,Zith and Mepron all at once. Based on my herx's, I think the Art is pretty powerful.

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You (your babs) will develop resistance to the ART if you do not pair it with something like Zith or Biaxin.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
manybites
Member # 33750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manybites         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It develop resistance in my case.i spent $$ and was on it for almost 3 years.

I reduced it but never killed babesia.I have had a car accident while in treatment and came out so quick that almost killed me.I was forced to take blood transfusion.

You need and please insist on it as my llmd did not treated me for babs only 2 months.

While I had all the sysmtoms of babesia in my lifetime, low RBC , headaches, low iron , high eusinophils, and than shoulder pain body pain to the point of loosing all the thighs muscle and in my body as well and all the sysmtoms in Dr Burrascano list.

You need to have artemisin , malarone , azithromycin ( or biaxin) and than the better to follow with biaxin plaquinil and mepron adding cryptolepsis.

Those will kill and cover diferent strains.

Insist on treating it fully otherwise it will come back and you will waste time and money on just artemisin .

All you have to do is take it in very low dosage and than increase as you can tolerate it.
Some start with 1 pill and 1/2 malarone and it might take months to reach the full dosage but that is alright .

You take as much as you can handle.It took me months to reach the full dosages in the combo.
You just add them slowly one after the other and take small dosage.

The full dosage will reach the skin and the exstremeties where babesia can not be killed unless you take high dosages.

Posts: 1379 | From disable | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I thought binders are more for heavy metal detox.

It's not so much a binder with babesia treatment, but something to help keep prevent babesia resistance to a single agent. Babesia treatment is supposed to be combination, often with rotation, changing around the formula, etc.

As you are likely going to alter the protocol in a couple weeks, this should be fine for now as your body works up to a more rigorous approach.

Your LLMD probably thinks it may be easier for your body to work up to it as taking too much at once might not have worked for your body at this point in time.

Be sure to check the ingredients of what you are taking - just in case there may be other ingredients in it. If so, that changes things and you'd have your combination built right in.

There is at least one brand of artemisinin that is a combination formula (Hepapro) of various herbs that complement each other. It's the combination that makes the difference long term.

Also, if you are taking any other Rx at all, that may be enough to complement the artemisinin.

But, it sounds like you are on no other Rx at all? No other herbs? No other supplements?

Anything else in the artemisinin capsules?
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beths
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is shoulder pain and leg weakness babs or lyme?
Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
manybites
Member # 33750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manybites         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
babs mostly.
Posts: 1379 | From disable | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement