LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Huge amount of kidney stones

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Huge amount of kidney stones
cozynana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cozynana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just had emergency kidney stone surgery. One was too big and stuck in the ureter. I went to my Uro. for followup and to my surprise he said I still have 4 stones in each kidney I need removed. One on each side is too big for me to ever pass. Plus each side has 3-4 little ones they will remove also. This is after I passed 11 stones with the stent in from the emergency surgery. Thank goodness much less pain. The Uro and my doctor tell me I have to have my 3/4 of my parathyroid removed because the blood work numbers indicated it is way too high and was the culprit stone maker. Has anyone else had this experience? I hear kidney stones and Lyme can go together.
Posts: 620 | From Ks | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if I have stones but, I�m fighting an (UTI). The 1st. round of meds didn't do it; I'm on round 2 for another 15 days.

God, the pain was unreal!!! I have an ultrasound scheduled in two weeks.

Good luck...

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cozynana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cozynana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sooo sorry to hear about your ordeal. I can tell you that my initial kidney stones had me loopy and vomiting green bile as green as grass. Not a good day. Hope you ultrasound will show you something and they can help you.
Posts: 620 | From Ks | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Chanca Piedra (aka: Stonebreaker) kept me out of the hospital a few years ago with an attack hit. It is also an herb used to help against malaria.

Search Google: Chanca+Piedra

Search PubMed: Phyllanthus+niruri

------------------

http://www.rain-tree.com/chanca-capsules.htm

Rain-Tree CHANCA PIEDRA capsules

http://www.rain-tree.com/chanca-piedra-extract.htm

Glycerine based extract

Bulk, raw herb used for tea, also available by the pound.

Be sure to click onto their "Tropical Plant Database" page for this herb to learn more about its properties and history. Solid third-party research citations.

The book is also excellent.

-------------------

http://www.herb-pharm.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=242

Herb Pharm - STONE BREAKER Compound tincture
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler, that looks like a great product.

It sounds great for cozynana, I'm not sure if I have stones, so do you think I should take it because I have a UTI?

--------------------

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OUCH!!

So sorry to hear!! [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Steve,

I think anyone who has every had a kidney stone (or whoever might) should have this at the ready. It's amazing.

You might enjoy reading about it (it also treats malaria . . . and we know that things that treat malaria can also be helpful with babesia).

This is also in Rain-Tree's SPIRO capsules.

The tincture will work more quickly but I think the capsules stay in the system for a more consistent level. Very relaxing.

Page 110 of the Amazon book lists this at the first in their list of what can help UTI.

Google: Chanca+Piedra, UTI

------

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=phyllanthus%20nirurii

phyllanthus nirurii - 618 abstracts

phyllanthus nirurii, urinary � 32 abstracts

phyllanthus nirurii, malaria - 17 abstracts
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
I don't know how this would interact with any Rx. If on any Rx, be sure to study that aspect of it.

If your doctor is not sure, you can find the kind of doctors who will know about it, or other methods, here:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/2/13964

How to find ILADS-educated LL professionals in the field of herbal medicine, acupuncture, etc.
-

[ 02-03-2012, 03:21 AM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

steve1906
Member # 16206

Lot of good reading, thanks!

--------------------

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember reading a long time ago that kidney stones result from a raging calcium deficiency (this is in direct opposition to the conventional thinking that they stem from too much calcium). I would study this extensively myself before taking an action step. Just thought I'd share....

Good luck.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. Jonathan Wright, Nutrition and Healing
http://wrightnewsletter.com/2011/04/04/skipping-stones/

In 1974, researchers from Harvard had a study printed in the Journal of Urology showing that calcium oxalate kidney stones (the most common kind) could be prevented by supplementing with magnesium oxide and vitamin B6.

In the study, 149 individuals with a multiyear history of recurrent calcium oxalate kidney stones took 300 mg per day of magnesium oxide along with 10 mgs a day of vitamin B6.

During the six years of the study, the mean rate of stone formation fell from 1.3 kidney stones per year to 0.1 kidney stones per year, a very significant 92.3 percent reduction.
There were no side effects.

Yet even into the 90s, most urologists were still in the dark about this natural treatment � at least it seemed that way to me, since they never mentioned it to their patients.
I made sure I always kept copies of the study on hand for calcium oxalate kidney stone sufferers to give to their uninformed urologists.

And it still amazes me that to this day, I continue to encounter a few calcium oxalate kidney stone sufferers whose urologists haven�t told them to use magnesium and vitamin B6 every day!

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Hey Carol, thanks for the info: I think I found the study, see below: Very interesting!

http://www.tuesdayminute.net/Tuesday%20Minute%20Transcript%20Kidney%20Stones%2009-2.pdf

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement