LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Results in from Advanced Lab - Bb Direct Culture

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Results in from Advanced Lab - Bb Direct Culture
susank
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see the word "positive" mentioned twice.

I think this must mean I finally have a diagnosis.

I am shaking and don't know what to think.
After all these years and all the tests.

All inconclusive.

I still cannot believe this.

I had called my GP's office on another matter - and was surprised when the nurse told me that I had a test come back positive. Which test I wondered. I had given up on the direct test - assuming negative - since it has been ten weeks since my sample was sent to the lab. I guess my culture grew just days before the cut-off date. I was told to see an ID.

Just received copy of the report. Have checked it ten times to make sure it is my name and there is not a mistake.

The "other matter" was my ER stay last week - I needed to see my GP as follow up. In the ER I received IV Rocephin for acute bronchitis.
What a coincidence. At the time I did not think I had LD. It was a miracle drug. I felt like a different person after two infusions.
The acute bronchitis seemed to resolve - and everything in my body seemed to have calmed down.

Days later I feel all symptoms again.

I have been sick for 15 years - very sick past five. I am one hour into knowing I have LD.

Will it sink in and will I believe it?

[ 02-13-2012, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: susank ]

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Positive for what? Is this the new Lyme test?

NO, you still won't believe it! [Wink]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tutu - Lyme test. Borrelia B.

All the Igenex Bb antibody, PCR, IFA tests neg.

Epitope tests on bands 30 and 31 negative.

All the co-infection antibody, PCR, FISH tests neg.

The only thing I had to hang my hat on tick-wise was the last Bart test with IGG 40.

I was recently told by doctors that I needed to go to Baylor for testing and diagnosis. I have had the "fear" of having to do that past months. I had decided that if the new AL Bb test was negative then I was going to "cave" and go to Baylor.

Now I have the answer I have sought for so long.

I had convinced myself my reactive bands were cross-reactions.

No - I still don't believe it.

Yes I do - because I am wondering when and where I became infected.

[ 02-13-2012, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: susank ]

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Susan,

I'm glad you were able to do this test. I'm sure you will have mixed emotions for a while about the results but at least now you are certain about at least lyme - and can move ahead with that information.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
For those wondering "which test?" - here are some details about this new Borrelia Culture Test:

http://betterhealthguy.com/joomla/lyme-disease/testing

Testing options - See #15

=======================================

Specifics on the new test:

http://betterhealthguy.com/joomla/blog/248-new-borrelia-culture-test-available

and

http://www.researchednutritionals.com/information.cfm?ID=255
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I had convinced myself my reactive bands were cross-reactions."

------------------

I never thought so. In my book, if it's Lyme specific, it's Lyme.

Glad you now have an answer.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!!!! So very happy for you!

It is terrible not knowing for sure what your diagnosis is. Now you know FOR SURE!!!!

Thanks to Dr. Burrascano!! He did this for the lyme patients of the world!!!

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aperture         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TF:

It is terrible not knowing for sure what your diagnosis is. Now you know FOR SURE!!!!

Does this mean that clinically diagnosed "lyme mutts" (according to Weintraub's Cure Unknown), like myself, don't know for sure what our diagnosis is?

--------------------
aperture

Posts: 551 | From Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

"Nope" to aperture. I was clinically diagnosed.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everybody is different. It appears to me that susank needed this test for HER to know for sure.

So, I was celebrating with her.

If a person is not convinced they have lyme, it is difficult to persevere with lyme treatment. That is what I have observed over the years.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Allie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi susank,
Did you treat with antibiotics before the culture test? If so, persistence is once again proven.

I hope you get good treatment and feel better soon.

Posts: 300 | From Northeast | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susank
Member # 22150

Ugh - the doubt is creeping in again.

Someone please assure me that IVIG could not have effected the culture test. I know there can be Bb antibodies in IVIG - but they would not grow/culture. Bb cannot otherwise be transmitted via IVIG right? IVIG is "washed" of such things, right?

In support - my H-NK cell count: 32.
HLA - I am 15-6-51. Chronic Lyme/susceptible.

Tutu - all the bands I reacted to other than the double starred are believed to cross-react.

My specimen waiting until the tenth week to reveal itself could be due to:
low load or my "strain" is a slow grower.

A low load and/or slow grower is better than a high load and fast grower, right?

Oh, Allie - yes - had taken Abx on/off past years. Never continuously but six weeks then off. IIRC this done mostly for challenge tests. I did not feel the Abx did anything for me. (I think another reason I doubted Lyme as a Dx).

TF - exactly. Thanks.

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
Bart H IGG 40

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement