LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » seriously dehydrated

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: seriously dehydrated
betty1939
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for betty1939     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been seriously dehydrated for the past few weeks. I had a phone consult with my LLMD and she thinks I might be diabetic right now as well as having hormonal issues.

I am on bioidentical hormones est/test/progest and they have been working quite well up until the past three weeks which happens to be about the same time I had to stop my bicillin injections because my $2000.00 deductible started again in January with my insurance, so they won't cover the bicillin injections.

This is really frustrating because just last month, I was telling my LLMD that I couldn't complain and felt great, only to now be experiencing all kinds of symptoms in just three weeks off of bicillin injection.

My body not only feels extremely dehydrated, but I also have horrible red eyes, and very itchy dry skin along with continued weight loss - now down to 105 lbs from my normal 120lbs. I went to my endocrinologist this week because my LLMD suggested it and they think it's my thyroid and I am hyperthyroid.

Is anyone else experiencing this serious dehydration even though you drink 60-70 oz of water every day??? Also, is anyone having hyperthyroid issues? if so, what do you do for it? I read radioactive iodine, but I don't want to treat for hyperthyroid with anything radioactive.

This is so frustrating!

--------------------
Lyme IGG/IGM positive 12/08
Babesia Microti IGM positive 12/08
Hemobartonella positive 1/11
mycoplasma 6/11

Posts: 162 | From Ohio | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this.

Check into mold. This is a big indication. Go to survivingmold.com. Then search out a lot of posts here on Lymenet on the topic. This often is a huge underlying contributing factor to issues for all of us.

Best to you.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what bicillin is. If this is the only thing you've changed, then you may want to investigate going back on it. You say you stopped for financial reasons.

Weight loss, dry skin and lots of water says parasites to me. Mold does strange things too, but it wasn't a problem a month ago.

Good luck.

Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty, I have been badly dehydrated also. The only way I knew was that it's been months and no one can get any blood out of me. Collapsing veins.

I drink fluids constantly, always thirsty. My NP put me on an electrolyte solution said drink it 6 times a day, use sea salt and stop all green tea.
Just started this yesterday. Don't know if your Doc has mentioned anything like this to you.
They can't test for anything cuz can't get blood so maybe that's why she's just doing this right now.

I was hoping that with the electrolytes I would also feel less sick. Anyone know if lack of electrolytes can make you Lyme and Babesia symptoms much worse or not?

Thanks,

Beagle

Posts: 348 | From MA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gagamooppop
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gagamooppop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has been happening to me too recently and it is extremely frustrating.

Moreso I feel that my gut is not recognizing/able to absorb nutrients properly. No matter what I put in my mouth, ANY kind of food/liquid, I get spacey feeling and tired and out of it.

I was recently hospitalized for dehydration and while I was on just some potassium combo it made me feel 80%. It was amazing. So for me I know/feel there is something bigtime wrong going on with my gut and abosrption and distribution of nutrients.

I wish someone could keep me on IV salts for now until I get my gut working properly but so far no takers.

I can drink all the liquids I want, I eat minimally b/c I just dont have an appetite but know you need food, and I feel so much worse afterwards. I feel great in the mornings before putting anything into my system. It's like its the opposite of how you should feel.

Might be parasites, leaky gut, candida...who knows, all I know is nothing/no one is helping and I am on the hunt. Again, just wish someone could keep me on some fluids for the time being...it was nice to feel human or a little. As soon as I came off of them did not feel great again. Frustrating.

Posts: 183 | From ... | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gagamooppop
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gagamooppop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And by no one helping/giving info I mean more people I am asking around here...LLMD, LLND, docs, etc.

Not the lymenet community...if anything all the info on here is giving me major insight.

Posts: 183 | From ... | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuntyLynn
Member # 35938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AuntyLynn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For Dehydration: Try Green Coconut Water!!!

This clear liquid, sold under the names Zico or One (to name just two) is so close to our blood's natural electrolytes that surgeons in the Pacific theatre during WWII used it successfully in lieu of whole blood or plasma for transfusions when they ran out of supplies. (Coconut water also has natural antimicrobial properties.)

My beau was stricken with Swine Flu 2 years ago, and couldn't even keep water down! I bought the coconut water and he was able to sip on it intermittently during the night, and got a whole pint to stay down. By that afternoon he was ready for a little food.

I am ALSO HYPERthyroid (although I do not have Lyme). This problem runs in families. There is a MEDICATION you can try for hyperthyroidism before submitting to (what I also feel is) the drastic measure of radioactive ablation... which is irreversible and will likely put you on HYPOThyroid medication for the rest of your life! They don't tell you this when they try to rush you into this procedure. (Maybe because it's a huge money maker?) They also don't tell you that you can set off an airport's radioactive sensor for weeks afterwards! I refused to even submit to the radioiodine uptake test!

IF you are already using bio-identical hormones -know this - my endocrinologist told me that I had likely been Hyper all my life, but my ESTROGEN had a protective effect against the ravages of the extra thyroxin. When I became post-meno, the weight loss was dramatic. Since I have no health insurance I searched for over-the-counter bio-identical estrogen cream - which took me months to find. I used it for several months and the hot flashes and insomnia subsided, but not the weight loss. Then I got the bright idea (about 3 months ago) to apply some of this topical Estriol cream DIRECTLY TO MY NECK. My weight loss seems to have stabilized, as I am noticing the appearance of a bit more "pone" on my butt and breasts. This is purely anectdotal, so take it for whatever it may be worth.

I wish you best luck!

Posts: 1432 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may also want to be tested for Sjogren's. That could explain the dryness and the eye problems.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement