LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Why is my temp always 96.00 or lower?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why is my temp always 96.00 or lower?
lymenow
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been in treatment for 4 months now and since then, my temp has never gone above 96 degrees. Is this normal?

Thanks

Posts: 109 | From PA | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great question! For the last 4 days mine is averaging 95.1. Cold most of the time especially hands and feet.

I am taking supplements to help the adrenals both morning and night. I am on oral ABX.

All the Best, MattH

Posts: 607 | From Houston Texas | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should get your thyroid checked, not just a TSH but also the conversion of T4 to T3 and free T3. Low body temperature is a very common symptom of being hypothyroid. Some of the other symptoms that don't overlap with lyme are missing the outer third of your eyebrow and dry scaly skin.

Borellia makes your temperature low but 95 is very low.
Mine used to be 96.8 but it has gone up.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme messes with your pituitary and hypothalamus, therefore the thyroid is affected. Your thyroid levels can look normal but may not be.

Nefferdun is right. My temp. has been as low as 94.9. My llmd just explained the pituitary/hypothalamus connection and put me on low-dose synthroid. Am already noticing a difference.

Posts: 677 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pantera73
Member # 29752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pantera73     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds like babesia.? p73 mimics malaria. babs is a *****.

--------------------
NWOODS WI/ bit May08 diagnosed Jul08 Lyme
March 09 symptoms return Ehrlichiosis pos.no Lyme?
Feb 11 CD57=26 Mycoplasma 343 Babesia 55.2 HHV6 5.8
WB CDC POSITIVE 31++ 39+ 41++ 58++ 66+ 83+
WB IGG POSITIVE 31++ 34 IND 39 IND 41++ 58++

Posts: 55 | From the Lyme Mine | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What kind of thermometer are you using?

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fourwinds
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14114

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fourwinds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no thyroid (natural dessicated thyroid replacement), and monitor all of my thyroid levels

(TSH, FT3, FT4 and antibodies; and, occasionally RT3) I also take Cortef for my adrenals...

even though my thyroid levels are in the upper 1/3 (FT3 and FT4) of the "range" my temp is still ALWAYS low.. for me, must be the Babs?

My normal temp was never 98.6, even before starting treatment.... and I believe my thryroid

was the first organ to start going "wacky"; ergo, being told I had Graves [Frown]

Posts: 396 | From EAPennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymegal23
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymegal23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the same problem early on in treatment. When I first started getting really sick my hands and feet were FREEZING. I'm talking like ICE. My nose was also very cold.

I have been treating for a year and I no longer have cold hands and feet. Thank god

It gets better with treatment .

Posts: 995 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOTS OF PEOPLE WHO ARE SICK FOR A LONG TIME OR JUST VERY SICK CAN RUN A LOWER BODY TEMP.

THIS i STARTED NOTICING AFTER SICK FOR A COUPLE YEARS..

96,4 IS MY NEW AVERAGE,,,WAS EXPLAINED BY SEVERAL NURSES AND A DOC

OF COURSE OTHERS LET IT FLY RIGHT OVER HEAD..i HAVE A FEW FRIENDS THAT ARE SICK, LUPIS ETC AND SAME THING

SO WHEN THEY SAY ,YOU'RE FINE 99,6 ..i KNOW i AM NOT AND HAVE FEVER

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Igor's mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Igor's mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme messes up a lot of our systems. Try to increase your body temperature using a far infrared sauna that will help your immune system reboot and will make your feel better too, release toins, etc.

--------------------
Igenenex + IGM 18, 23-25, 31, 41, 66, FL 1953, bart, babs, erlich, c diff. Dox 10/10,11/10-5/11 Mino, Buluoke,plaq (2/10) zith (3/11-5/11), Paragone, Flagyl, Ivermectin, Paromomycin, Ceftin, Nystatin(4/11) mepron (4/11-)BW A-L , A-Bart, A-Bab.

Posts: 254 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just reading about Wilson's Temperature syndrome which is when your body is not converting T4 to T3.

Thyroid blood tests are normal. It is a clinical diagnoses based upon low body temperature and improvement with a trail of slow release Cytomel, which is T3, or Armour thyroid which has T4 and T3. This syndrome is not recognized by some doctors (like chronic lyme) so you may need to see a ND.

Here is a site about it:

http://www.wilsonssyndrome.com/

Exerts:

"In fact, low body temperature and low-thyroid-like symptoms are so closely related that it appears that the low body temperature is actually what causes the symptoms."

When the body temperature is too low, nearly all of the enzymes in the body function less effectively. This can cause a very wide variety of complaints.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emla999/Lyme
Member # 12606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emla999/Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymenow,

You might want to take a look at Matt Stone's website because he has written alot about the negative health effects of having a chronically low body temperature and how to increase body temperature. Essentially, according to Matt, having a chronically low body temperature is usually a sign that your body isn't functioning optimally and that your metabolism is off. He seems to think that the ideal body temperature is right around 98.6 or slightly above. He says that it is best to measure your temperature first thing in the morning.

http://180degreehealth.com/2010/02/body-temperature-in-decline

http://180degreehealth.com/2010/02/checking-basal-body-temperature

http://180degreehealth.com/2012/01/body-temperature-and-mortality

And if you want to raise your body temperature then I would highly recommend that you read Matt's ebook "Diet Recovery". I have incorporated some of his dietary advice and my body temperature has went up. A person's diet seems to play a huge role in body temperature. Things such as drinking less water and/or drinking less unsweetened beverages seem to help increase body temperature. Eating more salt, sugars/sweetners and carbohydrates seems to help increase the body temperature as well. And eating more highly palatible, highly absorbale, high caloried foods will usually help to increase body temperature. At least it has for me.

Posts: 1223 | From U.S.A | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BuffyFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BuffyFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my temps usually run about 97.6 if it gets to 99 I start feeling yucky.

I was wondering if anyone here exercises and if your temp. drops while exercising because mine does. One time it went from 97.6 to 95.9!!

Posts: 287 | From somewhere | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the tips. I am currently on armour thyroid twice a day. Like many my hormones are not consistant so I am sure the Lyme is playing with my organs and screwing with my hormones.

I did review Matt's diet but it is not consistent with Lyme recovery. So a bit of catch 22!

My next LLMD appt is this week and we are going to discuss bart symptoms. So I may need to detour through that protocol for a while before really attacking the temp issue.

Thanks and All the Best, MattH

Posts: 607 | From Houston Texas | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement