LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Large worms

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Large worms
hopeforhealth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeforhealth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I posted a few months ago because I suspected I had some sort of parasites. While on vacation a couple of weeks ago I came down with what I thought was the stomach flu. I had terrible stomach pains and loose stool. Then I passed 3 large worm.

When I got home I started humaworm and have passed 2 more. They are white and about 10 " long and have a suction looking thing on the end. I have had terrible headaches and body pains.

Has anyone else experienced this? I also have been unable to gain weight. How long does a worm have to live inside you to get that large? What kind of worms do you think these are?

Can intestinal worms cause neuralgia and nerve pain? Beside the humaworm my doctor prescribed 3 days of mebendazole. Will tis be enough? Does my whole family need to be treated.

I am hoping I will finally get some answers and my health will improve. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Posts: 199 | From Niagara Falls | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tapeworms can grow to be MANY feet long. (and they would keep you from gaining weight) Maybe Google that one.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree, Sounds like tapeworm. Staying on antiparasitics is VERY important. 3 days of mebendazole and 1 mos of Humaworm is not enough.

Google Hulda Clark for more info on parasites and tapeworm disease and also do a search on here. Worms can lay up to 200,000 eggs a day. Cloves kills eggs.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeforhealth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeforhealth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its strange because I have been sick for 4 years. I am treating Lyme and Bart but besides constipation I have not had a lot of stomach issues which you think you would have with these huge worms living in you
Posts: 199 | From Niagara Falls | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeforhealth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23673

Also can I stop the humaworm and take the mebendazole for the 3 days and then go back to the humaworm. Will the mebendazole make me sicker then the humaworm? Does it work better?
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
omg---good luck to you. you are brave.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeforhealth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23673

so can I go right to parastroy after humaworm? Humaworm says 90 day break between taking their formula. humaworm does have an in between formula, but I'm not sure how strong it it.

Thank you for saying I'm brave....I'm not but thank you. The only thing that is a positive about this is finding something that may help me improve.

Anyone else with experience. I thought there would be more going through this.

RZR
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could these also be roundworms?

Sounds like some I see, which I had no idea could be tapeworms.

Best of luck to you!

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first time I took Humaworm, I took an antibiotic break because I wasn't sure how much I would herx.

This was a mistake. I did herx from the Humaworm, but I also allowed my other infections to flourish. (The Humaworm herbs do kill Lyme and co's, but Humaworm alone is not enough.)

Plus, my dying parasites released everything they had been harboring. I got yeast and bronchitis and felt like crap.

During my second round, I stayed on antibiotics and it went much better. For the third round, I stayed on antibiotics and upped my Humaworm to 3 caps, 2x/day. I had no more herxing from the Humaworm.

If you take breaks in between rounds of antiparasitics, do the Hulda Clark maintenance protocol. You'll find it online.

I took Salt/C for constipation. (I am never constipated. I tend toward loose. Antiparasitic herbs are the only thing that has ever made me constipated. After the herbs, my bowels went back to totally normal.)

I feel the Salt/C kept things moving, and contributed to further die off.

You will feel wonderful as these things die and leave!!

Good luck!

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think roundworms are small.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMECFSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are any of the treatments for parasites in a different class of drugs from Flagyl?

I'm unable to tolerate Flagyl at all -- it gave me horrendous peripheral neuropathy that lasted for many months after I stopped and was extremely painful/debilitating, and that was only after taking it a few days.

I just had a similar incident -- right after eating something LOADED with cloves and allspice (also anti-parasitic, apparently) and ginger (also somewhat antiparasitic).

If your nerve pain started *after* starting the drugs, be really careful -- that's what happened for me with Flagyl and if you're having nerve pain after starting, you should stop immediately and talk to your doc about it.

Posts: 929 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm...I don't think I answered any of your questions. Maybe this was meant for another thread.

Three days of Mebendazole is not enough. Not nearly.

If the worms are segmented with a sucker end, they are probably a type of tapeworm. If they are smooth with pointy ends, they are probably a type of roundworm.

Do your family members have symptoms? There is a Humaworm formula for children.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Mebendazole is Vermox.

Metronidazole is Flagyl.

I'm always getting those mixed up.

I also had parasite die-off when I ate pumpkin seeds, which are strongly antiparasitic. I got SI pain and bloating. Now, I can eat all the antiparasitic herbs I want.

It's OK to start slowly on the Humaworm if you have too much die-off. These things take time to treat.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

I can't read today. You asked about a different class of drugs.

I'm not sure if all the -azoles come with peripheral neuropathy as a side effect. Have you taken Diflucan/Fluconazole?

Albendazole is a broad spectrum antiparasitic.

I think there are many that aren't in the -azole class. Alinia, Biltricide. I don't know how strong/broad spectrum they are. Biltricide is an antihelmith, so it covers more ground.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.parasitecleanse.com/gallery.htm

if you google "pictures worms parasites", you will find out what they look like.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
I think roundworms are small.

I had roundworms as long as 15 inches. I guess compared to tapeworms, that is small!!

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was it flat? The white part and the suction part sounds like tapeworms, if they are flat.

I had an ENORMOUS tapeworm. I used Humaworm, four rounds, 90 days apart.

Enula got rid of the roundworms (I am sure you likely have these, too), but nothing else did, just the enula.

Getting rid of worms was my first breakthrough in treatment.

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BuffyFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BuffyFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do you think that everyone with lyme also has worms???
Posts: 287 | From somewhere | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spindleshanks
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spindleshanks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Six

How did you use the Enula?

Will that work for tapeworms too?

What brand?

Posts: 253 | From CA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by BoxerMom:
Mebendazole is Vermox.

Metronidazole is Flagyl.

I'm always getting those mixed up.

-
I was wondering why the question of flagyl came up! [dizzy] I think it's used for trichomonas or something like that, but that's all when it comes to parasites.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by Spindleshanks:
Six

How did you use the Enula?

Will that work for tapeworms too?

What brand?

Enula is by Nutramedix. On the website it says it works on roundworms, so I don't know about tapeworms since I took it after Humaworm. I think it's more specific for tapeworms because I still responded to other parasite treatments even after takng the Enula.

--------------------

Spindleshanks
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spindleshanks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. I did two rounds of four different meds. Each round took 30 days.

I still wonder though if it was enough. I see so many posts about parasites.

I never visualized any parasites.

Posts: 253 | From CA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Parasites are really good at hiding. I think you have to think of anti-parasite treatments as a long therm thing. There's always a chance of getting reinfected even after you get rid of them. The eggs are so small - they could be anywhere. Raw foods, salads, improperly cooked meat, pets, gardening, walking outside without shoes, other people...

For me - the Humaworm was not strong enough. I thought the 90 day break in between was too long to not be killing parasites. Parastroy was good but I think the veterinarian meds really was the breakthrough for me in really getting rid of them.

I glad I did the herbs first. I got rid of alot of "unwanted passengers" with the herbs but I don't think it got everything. The vet meds was the knockout punch...

Dr. K/Dr. Y have a good protocol. It takes time. It took me about 2 years to get rid of them. I had no idea it was even an issue until I started the anti-parasite herbs.

I had a big increase in pain when I took the Nutrimedix Cumanda & Enula. I thought it was Lyme but in retrospect - I think it was because they are anti-parasitic...

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
betty1939
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for betty1939     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just had this same problem after taking humaworm. The weird thing is that I had to stop about two weeks into the treatment because it was causing serious dehydration and this weird minty feeling in my head and that by itself was driving me crazy.

After 3-4 weeks being off humaworm, out of nowhere I suddenly felt the urge to have a bowel movement, but the only thing that came out were these 1 inch off white worms which were about 1/4 inch round with veins inside and this was all that came out - no bowel movement, just these worms which smelled so foul!

I think I need to get on some sort of anti-parasitic.

--------------------
Lyme IGG/IGM positive 12/08
Babesia Microti IGM positive 12/08
Hemobartonella positive 1/11
mycoplasma 6/11

Posts: 162 | From Ohio | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
betty1939
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18240

Icon 1 posted      Profile for betty1939     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, I need to add when I looked up the picture they looked like a cross between liver flukes and intestinal flukes, yuck!

--------------------
Lyme IGG/IGM positive 12/08
Babesia Microti IGM positive 12/08
Hemobartonella positive 1/11
mycoplasma 6/11

Posts: 162 | From Ohio | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlf2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlf2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, this has me freaking out. I'm pretty new to all this and never realized a worm in our bodies could be that big. UGH, OMG, I'm thinking I probably have this problem. What are the major symptoms?
Posts: 463 | From Sandusky, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeforhealth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23673

I think they are tapeworms, is it possible to have many though? that is why I wasn't sure because i always thought you only got one tapeworm. I have many!

Where can I find Dr. K's protocol?

What are vet meds?

I have a feeling this is a big piece to the puzzle for me. Any experience is really appreciated.

RZR
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How can we be sure when they are completely gone?

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlf2012
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlf2012     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do they move around once expelled into the toilet?
Posts: 463 | From Sandusky, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Member # 20953

quote:
Originally posted by jlf2012:
Do they move around once expelled into the toilet?

No...Mine have all been dead. That's my experience anyway.

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

hopeforhealth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23673

mine were dead too

I took 2 into the lab, haven't got the results

has anyones lyme symptoms flared while treating parasites? Mine got better but now have gotten worse

I think I finally found an abx treatment that is working so maybe I am just having a herx

ugh

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't post the full Dr. K/Dr. Y protocol here but this is an idea of how it goes...

Order of treatment: Biltricide � Ivermectin /Pyrantel � Albenza � Alinia

You can get most of these drugs as veterinarian medicine for horses. Some people have doctors & do not mind spending the extra money. Others can get the meds without a doctor & do it on their own from a horse supply company. Do so at your own risk... It does work & I have posted the protocol here many times. Do a search of this website or go to Curezone.

They way I can tell that the worms are gone is by dowsing my supplements. I no longer need to take anti-parasite remedies... I went though alot of phases of detox & I could see that I was getting rid of parasites. Some are microscopic & you may not see them, though.

I dowse my herbs most every day to see if I need the anti-parasites & lately it's NO. I've been mainly working on yeast these days + the methylation protocol (I'm doing that instead of KPU right now).

If you follow the "babuschka principle" (as GiGi posted) it's parasites - metals - yeast - bacteria - viruses... Definitely went through a yeast-y phase... I probably still have to deal with metals... I don't think I sepnt enough time on that but all of this takes time.

---

This is from GiGi. I don't think she would mind me posting it -

Order of treament following the Babuschka Principle:

Human being - then parasites - then metals - then fungi - then bacteria - then viruses ---

Grandmother Babuschka holds all others when stacked together. You all have seen those stacked dolls somewhere before. Here is the Human, next to it the Parasite actually living in the human;
followed by the Fungi living in the Parasite, etc. etc.

Parasite is holding on to toxic metals.
Metals are causing fungi growth.
Bacteria are the smallest

All live within each other.

If patient is weak, supplement what is needed first.

Start treating KPU in the beginning, when that is positive, because the microorganisms feed off vitamins, minerals and trace minerals, and KPU facilitates everthing else.

This is the order of treatment recommended by Dr.K. with only slight variations.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lala
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think artemisia could be somewhat effective against tapeworm, too.
http://www.uobabylon.edu.iq/uobcoleges/service_showarticle.aspx?fid=4&Pubid=819

Posts: 125 | From eu | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeforhealth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23673

thank you for all the helpful advice. the vet meds make me nervous but am considering

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement