LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Which LLMD"s in NY, NJ, CT treat parasites? (PM)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Which LLMD"s in NY, NJ, CT treat parasites? (PM)
Rumigirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please PM me:

--- which LLMD's treat parasites, similar to Dr. K, not just intestinal parasites.

I'd like to know those that treat with Ivermectin, Alinia, etc. I know that I need to go that route, and most don't treat parasites, unless things have changed recently.

Also, please reply either here or via PM what your experience has been treating parasites. (I know there have been some threads lately).

I've been reading more and more about how helpful this is. i've treated intestinal parasites a lot in the past, but this goes beyond that.

---How much has using Ivermectin, etc. allowed you go get better?
---Has it eliminated the need to treat the Lyme much? (I don't really expect that, although some have claimed that in a blog where they weren't selling anything).
---Has it eliminated the need to treat Babesia with Mepron/Malarone, etc. Thank you!

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
t9im
Member # 25489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for t9im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Rumigirl:

Dr. M in CT treats parasites.

--------------------
Tim

Posts: 1111 | From Glastonbury, CT | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyjenie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladyjenie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rumigirl, I have treated with Stromectol (scripted Iver), Albenza, Biltricide, and one other scripted anti-parasitic (forgot the name) each in 2 weeks rotation.

Results: Zero.

I have Lyme and Morgellon's. Hubby buys everything on infomercials so the latest was Nopalea (yucky taste). I have seen results. It isn't cheap but I have to continue with it a while longer since Morgellons has improved. Also lost weight which was a nice surprise.

I am not suggesting everyone run out and buy this product. I may be the only one it has helped with our conditions. I did have lots of diahrrea the first 3 weeks and a little tummy pain but not so bad now.

I do not sell it nor have a vested interest in it.

I would like to try the Salt-C and/or Wormwood. Does anyone know if Wormwood in capsule form would help or does it have to be taken with other herbals?

Posts: 245 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

ladyjenie,

What the heck is Nopalea? I guess I should google it. Is it herbal? I'm glad that something is helping.

On the scripted meds that you have tried, from what I know of them, you have to be on them long-term, not just for 2 weeks (each). I would think even more so for Morgellon's. But people talk about taking Ivermectin once a week for 1 1/2 years or more.

Salt-C is supposed to help with parasites. I can't handle that much salt, however. Yes, Artemisisn capsules are supposed to help, but I believe you would have to take more than just that alone.

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Tim, thank you, I know that Dr. does. I have an appt, but the soonest I could get an appt was 9 months from now!
ladyjenie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladyjenie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rumi, it is an herbal fruit/vegetable extract juice from TriVita that has been advertised for some time on TV to ease inflammation, all the same things every other product claims. It is taken from the Sonoran desert Nopal prickly pear cactus. I had tried Noni juice and hated it. Hubby bought a gallon of it, most went down the drain. I was too ill to add such punishment to what I was already suffering with. I believe you have to be at a point in your disease, treating or not, to be able to take this stuff like it should be taken for best effect.

It is helping me to detox. I have not had the typical Lyme back-o-neck headaches for over 2 weeks now. Joint pain better, too, and since I have more than one auto-immune disease and already take Plaquenil and Arava, the juice had to be what is helping.

Another plus for me was the Morgellons had my face a holy nightmare, so many painful lesions I disliked leaving the house but it is manageable now and I feel better about my appearance.

You can google it at www.trivita.com.

Is it impossible to get Stromectol for a year? When I took the anti-parasitics I took them twice daily. Why do some take Iver only once a week? Wouldn't they want to hammer these guys hard? I have plenty of Doxy to take with Artemisisn if that's a good combo?

Posts: 245 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb133
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb133     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rumigirl,

My daughter is on Malarone/Zith, Ivermectin and Liposomal Artemisinin. She started on Ivermectin slowly and is now taking 1 every other day.

She has tested positive for Fry Bug and Ivermectin is supposed to help with that. Some people can only tolerate 1/4 ivermectin and slowly work up.

Her LLMD right now is keeping her at 1 pill every other day. She is feeling great most days so he will leave the dosage alone.

The thought is treating it slow and steady is best. Everybody is different however.

Posts: 499 | From Malta, NY | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Deb, can you please PM me which LLMD your daughter is seeing? Thank you.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement