LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Dang, CD57 is 26!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dang, CD57 is 26!!!!
CountryMouse
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CountryMouse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well got the results today. I can't believe it is 26. Doc is concerned, so he has me on Cellular Forte which has Inositol and IP-6 in it. Anyone have luck with this supplement?

He also wants to make sure CD57 isn't low due to candida. I'm riddled with it and he says it can affect the test. I will be back on Diflucan and adding activated charcoal to help with the detox.

Anything else I can do to try and up my number? He doesn't want to put me back on ABs for Lyme until he makes sure it isn't anything else.

--------------------
Country Mouse

6/2011 IgX:
IGG: 31 IND, 41+++, 45+, 58+
IGM: 31+, 39 IND, 41 IND, 83-93 IND
Band 31 confirmed to be Lyme epitope by Igenex 7/2011

8/2011 IgX: POSITIVE
IGG: 31+, 34 IND, 39 IND, 41++, 45+, 58+
IGM: 31+, 34 IND, 39 IND, 41++, 83-93+

Posts: 169 | From Western Mass | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CountryMouse
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CountryMouse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One other thing. He is retesting me after we try to up it. He said that I am not to exercise for two days before the test because exercise can reduce the immune response. Thought that was interesting.

--------------------
Country Mouse

6/2011 IgX:

Posts: 169 | From Western Mass | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickssuck
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickssuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy if you can find the cause and/or cure, let me know! After over 3 years of tx, mine was 9, ugh! That was back in May, have not been on abx since October and am still sick, grrr. TS
Posts: 566 | From West Coast | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamoisondelune
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My CD57 tested at 26 also, twice, after 2 years and after 2 1/2 years on abx.

I feel fine now, off abx, after 2 years with the GB4000 rife machine, but i haven't had any more CD-57 tests.

Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
interesting about the yeast

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Kete-tracker
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 17189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Kete-tracker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re: "Anything else I can do to try and up my number?"

I've always heard a good-Q "Cat's Claw" supplement- made from the plant's inner bark- helps boost the CD-57 subset (of white blood cells). I always did the capsules every day, per my LLND, esp when my count had dropped below 40.

Posts: 1233 | From Dover, NH | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickbitt
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickbitt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Countrymouse:

If you have the usual lyme symptoms and those results from igenix and your doctor is trying to 'make sure it's lyme' then it's time IMHO to find a new LLMD.

One that's actually literate with the disease.

Most LLMD's will treat for months or years, having diagnosed the disease clinically - all without a positive lyme test. You have a positive lyme test. You need abx, and a new doctor.

My $.02

Posts: 146 | From Maine | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CountryMouse
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32073

Tickbitt, actually I feel fairly well after 4 months of AB treatment. And I know I have the candida everywhere including my skin because we have determined that the rash is yeast related. To boot I have a big belly right now, another tip that yeast is the problem. LDN which I am on does make candida worse, so I am all for trying other stuff before going back on ABs and potentially making the yeast worse.

The CD-57 was from Lab Corp, and my Lyme tests from Igenex. As I understand it, the CD-57 can be lowered for several reasons. Lots of docs use it for a Lyme check but there are other reasons too. Let me know if that info isn't right though.

I hear you, and appreciate your input and honest advice!! Thanks!

--------------------
Country Mouse

6/2011 IgX:

sickmate
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickmate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Country mouse, my cd57 is the same. It used to be 7. But feel lot sicker now. Strange.
Posts: 214 | From Home | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CountryMouse
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32073

Manybites, you mention that several family members had Lyme in their livers. How did you find that out? Just curious. Did they culture a biopsy or something?

--------------------
Country Mouse

6/2011 IgX:

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement