LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » 4 year old with history of tick bite - now has neck pain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 4 year old with history of tick bite - now has neck pain
bcb1200
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi folks:

If you remember, my daugther was bitten when she was 2. The tick was in the upper fold of her ear. It was there for 2-3 days before we noticed.

I was not diagnosed at this time and was a "lyme novice" so we didn't keep the tick, didn't get it tested, and did the "wait and see" approach.

A few weeks later I was diagnosed and got my crash course in Lyme. I became very worried about my daughter. 12 weeks after her bite, I took her to Dr. M in CT who did a phone consult with Dr. J (the pediatrician.) Both thought she was fine as she would have likely had symptoms by then.

Fast forward 2 years. She is a pretty normal, healthy girl. Smart, good energy, good grades in preschool. No really abnormal behavior other than typical 3-4 year old style tantrums from time to time.

But..the past 4-5 weeks she's been complaining that her "neck hurts" off and on. And now, she says her "neck hurts" and that it "feels hot." She just got over an ear infection and has been dealingw ith a cold. So maybe it is glands. BUt you know I worry about lyme and other TBI's. My wife's symptoms took 2 years to show up after she was bitten.

So..for those of you with kids with Lyme, did they ever complain of neck pain and / or a "hot" neck. (Her neck does feel warm when I touch it.)

Wondering if I should go see an LLMD just to be safe.

So hard when it is your kid. I don't want to be a worry wart or thing everything is lyme. But I'd rather be safe than sorry.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
manybites
Member # 33750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manybites         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son that has lyme complains about neck pain .He has neuro lyme.

I had neurolyme and my neck and headaches ( ear infections and aches) were my symtoms of lyme.Did not know than but I know now.

The treatment of lyme got rid of neck pain.

Posts: 1379 | From disable | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tiffagoo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tiffagoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My 4 year old daughter tested positive for Babesia Duncani on Jan 5 this year. She has been on a treatment protocol for about one month now and seems to be improving VERY well.

All her pain started in July 2011. She complained of her feet hurting her. She said they were sore. Her feet also had small red lumps on them that felt better when I rubbed them for her. Eventually she also had pain in her hands, she even would have swollen fingers,toes at times. We had her tested in Dec. through our LLMD (IGENEX) and sure enough she tested positive.

I was diagnosed with Lyme and Babesia in Oct. 2009. At the time my daughter was 2. We had her tested at that time as well and her tests came back IND. My LLMD reassured me that this did not mean she had Lyme or co's. By the way she had NO symptoms at the time when we first tested her. Well, here we are a couple years down the line and she is positive and symptomatic.

In my opinion I would DEFINITELY get your daughter tested. I realize how hard it is to have your little one go through such a dreadful medical journey at such a young age. But I am reassured over and over again that I am doing the right thing. The sooner you treat a child and their symptoms the faster they will supposively get better. At least I am VERY hopeful of this concept. And with the short amount of treatment that my 4 year old daughter has had she is TRULY doing much better than before. I feel we are on the right path.

As for how she got it. She must have got it while I was pregnant with her or while I was breastfeeding her. My symptoms did not start until I STOPPED breastfeeding her. (She was 14 months when I stopped breastfeeding her). Therefore, I had NO idea that I even had Lyme when I was pregnant with her. At least you KNOW she was bitten by a tick, and that alone would make me get her tested right away. Trust me, I realize how hard of a situation you are in, but you really need to get her tested. Especially if she is complaining of pain. Because it will only get worse from there.

Posts: 151 | From california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I will likely take her to Dr. M or Dr. J just as a precaution. If it is Lyme & co, it should be early and hopefully treatment won't take long.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began

IgM Igenex +/CDC +

Currently on:

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

It could also just be a conincidence. She has been flighting a cold / virus for a few weeks now and had an ear infection. So it could be swollen glands.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began

IgM Igenex +/CDC +

Currently on:

manybites
Member # 33750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manybites         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No it is lyme.Red ear is neurolyme ( she was bit in the head ) .My son too was positive only for band 30 that showed neurolyme.

I sent him to germany to be treated.He was pozitive for babesia microti .We treated him for it with antibiotics and after I had only band 30 nothing else in Igenex and no knee or elbow or even right ear hot we went to germany to treat lyme if he had it.

Dr W tested him and found lyme hiding at that time in the liver but he was only pozitive for microti by the test and bartonella.

My son at 8 years old did the treatment.But now he complains about feet pain ( bartonella and posibly babesia back -even though her igenex after treatment came back negative) and elbow pain knee pain and the ear is hot same as I did.

Dr W did not do at that time the entire treatment with Magnesium to him as he thought my son did not seem to have issues.But he gave him Iv ozone that over 3 weeks made my son sicker .When we came back he had short of breath and gained weight and had upper part of the body issue.

This showed that my son was still suffering from babs as I did.we have Fl1953 as well.

I was sick after that with the car accident so he never treated bartonella since we came back from germany and now he is sicker with bartonella and more.

After 2 years while I was too sick to chase him lyme is comming back ( no wonder as he did not get all the treatment ) as well I have had neurolyme european strain and my son was born with it.
If you see the pictures of lymephotos.com of borrelia garini I have had them and saw them in liver flushes.

I had been sick with lyme before I have had myson but did not know what was going on as I was assymtomatik.

All I know is that for my strain and what I saw in the liver flushes no way the bionic treatment could kill that thing.They were blak dots chains of borrelia alined like an army and together in a sack of biofil,-Jelly type.

No way bionic could kill those.I treated my son with bionic and every nosode posible for borrelai that I collected around the world.

I know he need antibiotics to reach them and kill them now.

2 years that I could not treat him and he gained so much weight and he has right knee swollen , right elbow hurting , right ear hot and neck pain deeply in spine.This is ALL lyme as I had it myself .

Treat the child now asap .Do not delay as it spreads.

I now I feel guilty for having him while I had lyme but I can not change it now I have had no clue about it and never heard of it .No one would have ever found about it if I still have stayed in Europe.

My daughter 19 got bit in back yard at nine.She was born with bartonella.

My son glands on the right side are swollen and for the moment I have put my son in PEKANA products the BIG 3 for detoxing, liver, lymp and kidneys.I also have a couple of other homepathic bottles from this company to detox tonsils and sinusis as well as Mundipur that detox tissues and organs.

I put him as well on the vitamins due to DETOX issues defect he has as well.The detox product are marvellous while you can do the killing of bugs.

I tried them myself and the pain and chemical sensitivity reduced tremendously.I followed Scoot better health guy notes based on the last conference about these products.I would suggest them to your kids as well as it will help them detox without crying much and in pain.

When I first treated my son at age 6 for babesia he suffered from toxins.The Big 3 will make make their life easier .

1 year before I had my son my right knee , my right hand , my right ear, my right glands, hot ear and my right bunion would hurt just occasionaly but I had still a life.After the delivery within a few months I felt sick to death quicly.Lyme exsploded.

Than one day the entire right side of my body became hot and LYME WOKE up activated from head to toe and I was fighting for my life since than .

Posts: 1379 | From disable | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement