LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Woman question- breast pain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Woman question- breast pain
willo7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willo7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always had bad breast pain during my time

of the month since I have had Lyme.

Now I have pretty bad pain in one breast all the

time. And minor ache in the other.

Does anyone else have this? I have done

research on Breast cancer and self exams and

from what I have read, breast cancer is not

usually painful. Is this normal with Lyme?

Posts: 137 | From Illinois | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes ,several times I have had pain,flutters, zingers etc... comes and goes ..
just started in last 3 to 4 months

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larae30
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35220

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larae30     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, it's likely the lymph nodes

--------------------
Treating lyme, bart and babs

Posts: 506 | From NE | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme definitely can cause breast pain. It is listed on p. 10 as a symptom of lyme, Burrascano Lyme Treatment Guidelines:

"Unexplained milk production;
breast pain"

Sometimes the pain comes from the fact that lyme makes the breast produce milk. This also can cause the breast to swell.

One woman was very surprised when she tried to squeeze milk out of her painful breast and she got milk! Even the other, less painful, breast produced milk.

Breast cancer does not cause pain, so stop worrying about cancer of the breast.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuntyLynn
Member # 35938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AuntyLynn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right. Sounds like hormonal tenderness, engorgement. I used to get it regularly as part of normal PMS symptoms.
Posts: 1432 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willo7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for willo7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you everyone!
Posts: 137 | From Illinois | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdie67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I get it too, about 3 weeks out of the month. Very uncomfortable!
Posts: 486 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had this once or twice, with no hormone issues that I know of - it's a fluctuating Lyme symptom, and the good news is it does stop eventually!

Just curious - when you say all the time now, how long has that been going on - mine went for a couple months and then ended.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
willo7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24263

Mine has been all the time during my period. But now I have had it for a month or so.

Mainly in one breast.

Feels exactly like when I was pregnant!

undiagnosed22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28152

Icon 1 posted      Profile for undiagnosed22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Willo-

I have this same exact thing! Only in my right breat ALL THE TIME. It has been going on for at least a year. My breast tissue in there feels so hard and lumpy. Naturally, I freaked out over this. I am 30 and of course I thought the worst. I had a couple ultrasounds last year that showed nothing except fibre tissue in that breast and that still didn't reassure me so I demanded and MRI. The MRI showed a 6 mm mass and I said I wanted it biopsies. 3 weeks later I went in to have an MRI guided biopsy. They took 37 pictures and the mass was gone. I just had another MRI last month since it has been a year to follow up and again nothing. Just fibrous tissue. The pain continues though. It stinks but at easiest it is " just"Lyme related!!!

Posts: 200 | From Boston | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
undiagnosed22
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28152

Icon 1 posted      Profile for undiagnosed22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Willo-

I have this same exact thing! Only in my right breat ALL THE TIME. It has been going on for at least a year. My breast tissue in there feels so hard and lumpy. Naturally, I freaked out over this. I am 30 and of course I thought the worst. I had a couple ultrasounds last year that showed nothing except fibre tissue in that breast and that still didn't reassure me so I demanded and MRI. The MRI showed a 6 mm mass and I said I wanted it biopsies. 3 weeks later I went in to have an MRI guided biopsy. They took 37 pictures and the mass was gone. I just had another MRI last month since it has been a year to follow up and again nothing. Just fibrous tissue. The pain continues though. It stinks but at easiest it is " just"Lyme related!!!

Posts: 200 | From Boston | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauralyme
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had that. It resolved itself after FIR sauna sessions.

Toxins like to accumulate in the breasts

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may want to up your B6 intake, and find a doctor who understands the treatment of this. I got rid of it years ago by increasing this enzyme which many of us are missing/undersupplied. If you have KPU, it is also a missing factor in detoxing many substances, especially toxic metals. Tumors and cysts are the container of different toxins the body tries to isolate. When successful detox is done, often they shrink away.

Getting onto a good detox program is key. Underlying toxicity is the problem that lets infections move in and take control. It is the major reason we get stuck with Lyme and co-infections.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This seems to have stopped for me after treating parasites. I can't say for sure that it is completely gone, but almost. I have been on Ivermectin and Pyrantel (something). I have had this symptoms for 2 1/2 years and this is the first time it has gone away.
Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamoisondelune
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For half a year i had breast aches in the outer half of one breast.

I stopped the aches by taking a bunch of pills: broccoli sprout pills, DIM (Diindolylmethane), indole-3-carbinol, graviola, calcium-D-glucarate,; plus a slew my usual antioxidants and herbs.

I had to take 8 broccoli sprout pills per meal, and still take them; i found that 4 helped , and 6 helped, but it had to be 8 to really stop the aches.

I don't know what the cause was; i was wondering if it was candida; i hadn't heard about lyme causing breast problems.

PollyPolygonum

Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement