LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Ears again/insomnia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ears again/insomnia
MDW005
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know there are many topics on ears, but off hand, what is some good advice for ringing in the ears. I have had for several weeks non stop now, and it's not the phone ringing because I have answered it to no response on the other end, nor is it the door bell.

Also, insomnia has been a big issue for me. I go periods of days with minimal sleep, then crash. around the full moon is the worst for me.
help?

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, well that does not help me too much manybites..what helped? Do you continue to have these problems?

I notice also with the lack of sleep, my ears tend to ring more constant with a much higher pitch. I have tried drowning the ring with white noise to focus on, but no help, especially when I lay down it seems worse.

--------------------

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Thanks manybites for sharing with me. This Clove Bud Oil, whats it do? How do you use? If I recall, way back when Keebler or someone mentioned an oil we can put directly in the ear canal...but can't remember what it was.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi MDW,

Sorry you are dealing with all this.

As far as insomnia, mine really improved 2 weeks after starting bioidentical hormones.

My LLMD tested my hormones and prescribed them from a compounding pharmacy.

Oral DHEA in the a.m., topical estrogen and testosterone in the a.m.(28 days on, 3 days off), oral progesterone at night helps tremendously( 3 weeks on, 1 week off).

Not sure if hormones are an option for you.

I try to get off the computer before it gets too late, and lie down in a dark room to watch some tv and get sleepy.

When I start to yawn, I put sublingual melatonin under my tongue. I require a large dose. I was using 15 mg sublingual, and now I have decreased to 10 mg sublingual. Then I turn off the tv and go to sleep.

Saying a prayer for you to have relief from ringing in the ears and insomnia...and total healing too!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
manybites
Member # 33750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manybites         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to rub it at my knees as my bart has destroyed them for so long.I have rubed them around my chin area as well.But not inside.
Posts: 1379 | From disable | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MDW, it sounds like we have the same thing. I had major insomnia thursday night. I also noticed the high pitched ringing that night (I thought I got rid of this though). I am on a bart med (bactrim), so I am not sure that is it.

I've seen other posts before here, where people say it's parasites.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Hi dekrator...I will try and PM you later. When I had ovarian cancer they...we chat later. I do not really watch tv, rarely. I do enjoy music much. I will listen to you though about getting off the computer earlier than I have been.

manybites and Catgirl...thanks for your input about this possibly being Bart.

I have been on a new protocol since Feb.27th, and I am having all kinds of funky symptoms going on lately. Might this protocol bringing out or busting through to create bart attack? I just want it do go away.

Today I could not tolerate noise in Sams Club to do grocery shopping...the beeps of fork lifts and such sent my ears in overload.

I can think but when I try and speak, I cannot get a word out right, let alone form a verbal sentence.
I am just going to find a quiet corner for the rest of the day. Thanks everyone.

--------------------

Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to put a negative spin on this, but I believe I have permanent damage to my ears from the meds I have taken... constant ringing. It began after IV Flagyl.

I'm hoping and praying it goes away one day, but not sure. I am very cautious about which meds I take. I currently take Ivermectin which seems to make it worse. I beleive it has to do with the GABA receptors, but not sure.

Let me know if anything works.

Hopefully it is parasites because that is what I'm working on.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had ringing in my ears since I lost hearing suddenly in my left ear a year before being diagnosed with Lyme. It varies from day to day, but I believe it is directly related to the hearing loss and Lyme.

My LL NP thinks that it will get better over time with treatment. I pray she is right. For me, this is the worst symptom! Sometimes I feel like it will drive me insane.

I use a small electric water fountain in my bedroom at night, which is not only soothing and calming, but it masks the tinnitus and helps me to not think about it.

While at home, I usually have soft music playing to mask it. Loud constant noises like vacuuming and driving seem to make it worse. Also, certain foods make it worse. Many of the foods you avoid on the Lyme diet, you should avoid for tinnitus - except salt can make it much worse for some.

Keebler has had some really good posts on tinnitus if you do a search.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Haley... I am so sorry for the damage to your ears. I pray this is not permanent damage to your ears. I am not taking any chemical antibiotics at this time, so I do not not think it will be something I will have to suffer with for a long standing period (hopeful). Most all my treaments have been natural. I do not know what GABA receptors mean.

dbpei... I also pray you get your hearing back and your LL NP is correct in the healing with treatment. I have been trying different white noise to help with the ringing, but sometimes the pitch is just to high to ignore. I have not tried a lyme diet. I guess I best check into this diet. Yes, keebler has some wonderful links but, I am not trying to come up with excuses to not read them...I am just not a good reader unless it is simple and conversational...down fall of mine...difficult for me to make meaning. This is why I am searching from everyone who can, to offer a thought for helpful ideas. How does salt make tinnitus worse? I like salt. Thanks for sharing with me.

--------------------

dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi MD,
Thank you for your prayers. I will also be sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.

I also have a very high pitched ringing in my good ear that compliments the constant low pitched hum in my bad ear. I find it so hard to believe that others cannot hear my symphony going on. I totally understand your desire to make the noise stop.

Salt, for some, makes tinnitus louder and creates a feeling of aural fulness or the feeling of fluid in your ears. This has to do with a problem with the physiology of ear canals and salt affecting various fluids but I cannot explain well because of my own limitations right now.

For months I tried to reduce my salt intake and did not really notice that it helped. Those with Meniere's Disease often notice that reducing salt intake makes a difference. Caffeine, alcohol, MSG, all are known to make tinnitus worse (all to be avoided on Lyme diet too). But like salt, some of these things may not make a difference for you. Spicy food can also make tinnitus worse.

Even a change in air pressure can make a difference. My tinnitus seems to be better at high altitudes but some people feel worse in the mountains. So is very individual.

I hope you get some relief. It sometimes helps to know there is someone else who understands... I can guarantee when you are feeling better in other ways (psychologically, physically, ...) you will not notice your tinnitus as much and it will not be so difficult to cope with. Hang in there.

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Thank you dbpei, you have been a wonderful help and yes, I will hang in there. I can honestly say psychologically/emotionally, spiritually, I am doing very well. I appreciate all your thought sharing with me. You do make me question my caffeine intake. I sure do enjoy coffee through out my day. Thanks again.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement