LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Banderol/Samento users??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Banderol/Samento users??
Jane2904
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking for experiences with starting out with Banderol and Samento.

Dd started one drop of each in water twice per day, had very frequent bowels movements, stomach pain, and nausea. Each herb was taken separately and spaced apart.

Next day, reduced to one drop of each once per day. She was still very nauseous and stomach pains.

Today has not taken any of the herbs and still nauseous and some stomach pains.

I looked back on past posts and did find not much on first hand experiences.

Thanks in advance for any input. [Smile]

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't feel like the herbs will produce a cure in most people with longstanding lyme but they did help stabilize things for me. If you're going to go the herb route, samento and banderol are good choices.

By the way, I had some herxing with the herbs but very little in the way of sides, even at higher dosing.

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marz
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on samento and banderol for a week now and am up to 3 drops 3 xs a day.

Is she also taking burbur and parsley for detox with them?

My llmd has me taking serrapeptase/banderol/burbur, then wait 15 minutes and take the samento/parsley and wait 15 min before eating.

I haven't had the symptoms your daughter is having except more frequent bms which is maybe a good thing.

I'm wondering why they can't all be taken at the
same time since this is a huge pain.

I read of one person who took only half a drop by putting it in water, stirring well and drank only half the water. Maybe she could back down to that amount?

This was helpful;

http://www.treatlyme.net/lyme-disease-supplement-blog/2011/10/31/banderol-and-samento.html

Is she going to be rotating this with other drops? I'm supposed to stay on just those drops but don't remember how long. Have to call office.

Posts: 1297 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickbitt
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickbitt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pretty much jumped right in; at least 5 drops twice a day and up to 20 twice a day within a week.

After a week or so I felt really awful. I presume it was biofilms dissolving. I felt really awful for about three weeks, then felt better than I had for a year.

I took it only as a biofilm breaker - I stayed on the minocycline, flagyl, and cipro that I was taking.

I don't know how much some of the abx cost if one doesn't have insurance. I do know that taking banderol and samento takes a lot of money out of ones pocket, and insurance won't cover it.

Lastly, it's worth noting that samento is an extract of cats claw that happens to be TOA free. It's not clear that TOA free offers any real advantage, and cats claw capsules are far cheaper per mg of SOA than the extract is. IE, take banderol and cats claw:)

Posts: 146 | From Maine | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Detoxing is a must, or you may suffer like in hell (at least for me).

Killing, whatever method you use (abx, herbs, homeopathy, massages, rife, whatever really) can produce toxins from die off and not treating this can be worse than infection itself.

I envy people who never herxed. I herxed like hell, and not only Bb, but from yeast and babesia too...

I could only see real improvement when I found the right cleansers. I swear the cleansers change with the course of disease and treatment. And finding cleansers take longer than finding good killers.

With the time, I ended up with the following proportions taken daily:

- 70% cleansers
- about 20 to 25% of other things (like minerals, immune modulators...)
- about 5 - 10% killers (and NEVER more than that).

With such proportions, life went on fine and improvement could be seen. When I only concentrated on killing, I ended up sometimes going BACKWARDS and not forwards, even though some symptoms improved (as others appeared, but the fatigue was crushing, for example).

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristen J.
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kristen J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brussels i agree!!! balancing these things is so important.

Please share your favorite cleansers.

K

Posts: 116 | From California | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes !!!!!!What cleansers...

I might be killing and not cleaning...Fatique is horrible...

now getting some symptoms back that were gone for weeks.

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
koo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for koo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I detox with pinella, burbur, and parsley. I have been doing each one separately. Does anyone know if it is okay to put at least two of these together in water? I think I would be more religious about using these if I didn't have to spread them out.
Posts: 478 | From Third Coast | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brussels - I like your proportion "program".

Would also like to know about cleansers.

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the input. Bumping up to see if anyone had digestive issues.

See LD this week will have to ask about detoxing herbs. He only suggested the Samento and Banderol so far.

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UP PLEAS$E
Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

UP PLEASE
ChristineMany
Member # 16818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChristineMany   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am giving my oldest daughter the same combo...primarily for Bart...and like me she barely herxes...and adapts quickly...

I only use samento for myself in short bursts...as I plateau on it quickly...

My siblings have had the problems with the bowels...

what is your diet like? That could also be playing a role here...because when Lyme gets into the guts...and does its thing...it can really cause havoc...

Also a very good detox item is Chlorella...its a whole food supplement - plus it detoxes ya...

Be sure to be drinking half your weight in ounces of plain or quality mineral water (minerals occur naturally)...plus a few cups of water with Lemon or Lime added to reduce acidity...

Hope this can help

Christine

--------------------
We each have a right to be healthy, and no one has the right to jeopardize that!
Take Charge of your health - and your life you are the only one who will!
I know what I am & I know what I am not
I know what I HAVE & I know what I HAVE not

Posts: 33 | From co | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement