LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » First Fever in 5-6 Years on - Update 3/19/12 - Fever Again 4/4/12 :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: First Fever in 5-6 Years on - Update 3/19/12 - Fever Again 4/4/12 :(
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not on any Lyme treatment and haven't been for some time. I plan to VERY soon. Came down sick with something fast today. I'm running a 101-102 fever. I'm usually 95-96 degrees. Feel like crap. I wasn't sure I could run a fever. Strange Something is going around our household. My daugher/wife had it too. I guess I'm not immune. [Frown]

My young daughter was in the ER last week with 102-103 fever, severe exhaustion, trembling, etc. She got back to normal in a few days. It was scary as it hit like a truck! Within an hour or two, bam....

I feel so crappy most days, feeling bad is the norm. I forgot what "good" is anymore. [Frown]

[ 04-04-2012, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: seekhelp ]

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess fevers aren't too interesting on Lymenet. [Frown]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeLogged
Member # 36494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeLogged         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know if it's true or not, but I've heard that mounting a fever is a good thing.

I'm sure you're feeling miserable, but perhaps this means your immune system is starting to work.

Posts: 74 | From NEPA | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a good sign that your immune system works since symptoms of cold and flu, like fever, come from the immune response from what I understand.

My daughter has had 2 colds in the last 6 wks. or so and I haven't gotten anything full blown, just feel like getting it on and off for the whole 6 wks. I'd rather just get it full force and get it over with than feel like I'm coming down with something constantly for 6 wks. Guess my immune system isn't that great right now.

Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm interested in fevers! I've had two in the last 20+ years. The first was when I fell ill and the 2nd was in the last year when I did a Vitamin C purge-

I'd look at it as a good thing, Seek, especially since you're always running low (me too).

Oh, I haven't been treating for a LONG time either, but I'm starting VERY soon [Smile] -

Feel better, hope that you pull through as quickly as your daughter and wife-

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe that fever killed some ketes!
Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

I hope it destroys some Lyme. My temp was 102-103 now. I feel like someone literally beat me up. Every joint hurts. Ouch. I hope it passes soon. I'm alternating Ibuprofen and Tylenol.
tickled1
Member # 14257

I say let the fever go if you possibly can so that the fever can kill some bugs! Then do some detox to clear the toxins.
kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A fever is a great thing. Taking something for it just means that your body can't fight the bugs properly.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your fever has to rise to 106 to kill the spirochetes and that would kill you too. It has already been tried.

Getting a virus with a fever doesn't cure anything. I got sick and had a fever for a month. My lyme is worse right now.

But I do hope you get over it soon (and I don't get it).

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you feel better soon Seek so that you can start your new treatment.

Fevers are awful. After enduring daily fevers for 10wks over the holidays this past winter I would not wish them on anyone here. They are not a sign of improving health or wellness. In my opinion, they are a sign of the exact opposite, raging untreated infection!

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think a fever is a good thing. Try to not interfere with it. Your body is trying to do its job of killing some invader.

Feel better soon! I have heard of people feeling much better after having a good fever. I hope you are one of them.

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

I have to agree Sammy. I don't think it's a "good" thing in any way. My temp was 103 degrees at my ID doc's office yesterday. He put me on an antibiotic. He said it looks bacterial, most likely Mycoplasma Pneumonia. My illness ALWAYS comes back to this infection.

quote:
Originally posted by sammy:
Hope you feel better soon Seek so that you can start your new treatment.

Fevers are awful. After enduring daily fevers for 10wks over the holidays this past winter I would not wish them on anyone here. They are not a sign of improving health or wellness. In my opinion, they are a sign of the exact opposite, raging untreated infection!

tickled1
Member # 14257

I've had Myco P. for years now. It is a pain in the butt. Hope you feel better soon.
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just had a similar experience. We had a family get together and quite a number of people got sick, including my daughter, son, wife and myself.

Onset was rather quick and accompanied vomiting and diarrhea. My typical post Lyme temp ran 96.8-97.9. I was able to get a fever of 102.4 for two days and then 99-100 for another 3-4 days. Now my temp runs 82-99 and fluctuates throughout the day. I welcomed it and it made me feel more human and normal again.

A big Woot Woot for my immune system, it still has potential!

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Temperature is normal now for 48 hours. However, I feel much worse now than during the fever. I'm in a world of trouble. My equilibrium has been thrown off terribly. Bad, bad head pressure, legs/hands are cramping faster, just very weak generally. Whatever illness I encountered put the knock-out punch on me. I'm so depressed to get hit this hard and not even know what it was. [Frown] Scary.

My spine is now so stiff it's scary. I'm getting weird burning sensations at times, though not severe, in my arms. My throat feels swollen and everytime I try to eat, it's difficult to. My stomach is terribly swollen and gassy.

My throat culture was perfectly normal!

I don't know what to do. Don't want to wind up in a wheelchair. [Frown]

My daughter is getting sick again too. She originally spiked the big fever and was in the ER. She recovered fast, but now is feeling ill again. My wife is the only one able to just get over illnesses w/o an issue. She said it can't be anything in the house because she's just fine. I desperately want to get rid of the guinea pig/parakeets in our home even though I do love them. I'm so allergic to stuff. She said it's impossible to have reactions like that to animals.

bigstan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigstan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Seek Hope that you are feeling better after this latest herx??

I didn't know you had parakeets. And if so how long have you owned them. Reason being I'm curious if you have ever been tested for Psittacosis?

If not I would suggest that you do so or have Dr. M call in a rec somewhere.

--------------------
HERX is a Four Letter Word!

Posts: 716 | From If you're going through hell, keep going......Winston Churchill | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Bigstan, this wasn't a herx as I wasn't on any drugs prior to this fever/illness episode. I certainly am not doing better. I wish though.

The ID doc actually tested for the infection you stated as part of the Chlamydia panel. I never mentioned I had birds, but it's part of the overall Chlamydia Pneumonia testing at my hospital.

I was negative on both the IgM/IgG side. We have had the birds for 2-3 months now. They are great animals, but shed fathers enormously which float through the air.

Given I have been ill for years, not months, I know it's not the cause of my illness. However, since we got the pets my functionality has went down several steps. I can't prove the connection, but I have had an increase in inflammation since pets arrived.

bigstan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigstan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok good. That's good you were tested. I have birds for over 13 years now. As far as the birds their molting. Buy a good brand bird moulting spray and use it weekly. This will drastically cut down on the moulting and preening. Spray lightly but not near head and eyes.

Your increase inflammation may be coming from the microscopic dander in the air as they preen their feathers. And if you use the spray you won't be seeing many feathers around anymore.

--------------------
HERX is a Four Letter Word!

Posts: 716 | From If you're going through hell, keep going......Winston Churchill | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Well, I guess I didn't shake what I had. I'm getting a fever again. [Frown] Darn. I was feeling better for a couple days (coincidence only). Now, I"m back to trembling shivers, low grade fever, completely weak, terrible fatigue again. Also off-balance / lightheaded. This sucks.

It started with a bad non-productive cough. Caused all kinds of dry heaving out of nowhere. As it did last time, the top of my head (scalp) is very sore again. This is weird.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like the flu. It has been around here in Europe for the last 2 months or so. When people fall sick, it is about 5 days of high fever, imbalance, and after, weeks of weakness, lack of concentration etc.

My daughter took it. I test energetically and she came with Klebsiella pneumoniae!

A week after that, she relapsed from lyme after 2 years lyme free. She is now okay again, but this flu was strong!!!

Stronger people feel better in a couple of days, but it takes more than a month for weaker people (if it is the same strain that are knocking out people here)!

I hope you will feel better soon!!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jmb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seek, it might be the flu. It sounds like you are tracking the flu-like symptoms. I don't know if you track others symptoms or not, but I would at least track the fever at least for the next couple months.

People tend to cite a monthly cycle for Lyme. I would not disagree, but the hallmark of my illness, when I was most ill, was a 14 day cycle. I would clock in a little higher than normal, say 99.5, and would have a bit of a sore throat. At some point a massive headache would come on. All the other symptoms were less predictable

Over time and treatment, the pattern has dulled. I am not real excited to say that I have been off all treatment since November and that the pattern is picking up a bit.

I saw the doc this week. He wanted to do the newest Fry test, as a possible indication for treatment with the de-wormer drug, Ivermectin. In the past I tested positive on the old Fry test, and I had a positive Babesia FISH test.

I cannot spare the cash for now for more Fry, so I started up the Byron White A-Bart � in addition to some gut-related sups that I have neglected. I will add abx if I must.

In the meantime I am thinking about the cheaper horse meds for the de-wormer. Sounds like craziness to read that. In fact it is craziness but this illness is crazier.

Good luck. PM me if you want to talk.

Jamie.

--------------------
enjoy the day.

-jmb

Posts: 208 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like it might be the flu. The flu season is late this year. My daughter had it and she missed 1 1/2 weeks of school, so it can hit pretty hard. Maybe you could go to an urgent care clinic and ask for a flu test? If they catch it w/in the first 48 hours they can give you tamiflu.
Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it could be a virus, Babs, or both.
Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Thanks everyone. It could be a flu. My fever was 103.2 last night. It's gone down some now, but I still am very congested. My lungs feel tight. I just feel terrible. It's like there's phlegm in my chest that won't leave and a bad cough. It's getting old fast.

Brussells, this has knocked me out bad. Last time I was ill for weeks before I hit any baseline. I'm worried it'll hit me harder this time.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement