LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » people previously diagnosed w/fibromyalgia

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: people previously diagnosed w/fibromyalgia
shannon12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shannon12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wanted to hear from the people that were diagnosed w/fibro and found out it was lymes, was the deep muscle pain one of the last symptoms to go away? what about the fatigue? it seems my most serious symptoms like pvc's and neuro symptoms are going away but not the rest, I mean I can definitely feel the lymes still in me, I'm on aggressive tx. thanks
Posts: 229 | From Forty Fort, PA | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a quick reply due to the late hour.

Please be sure to be tested for babesiosis, WA1 (B. duncani) and Babesia microti. Many of the folks I see with fibromyalgia symptoms are Babesia infected.

They also saw more improvement in the fibro symptoms when treating for Babesia.

Yes, it can be Lyme related, but not always.

Take care!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debilyn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for debilyn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was dx with FM six years ago and just dx with Lyme in Jan. 2012.

Deep muscle pain/aches and debilitating fatigue are still symptoms for me, hasn't gone away yet. I'm in my 8th week of treatment, I think, with multiple abx.

This probably doesn't help you much because I just started; this battle; many others will give you more helpful answers, hopefully.

I hope your pain and fatigue get better very soon.

Posts: 331 | From West Coast | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopefull
Member # 29198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopefull     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can sooo relate and was

starting to feel crazy again.

I was dx with fibro in 1992.

My symptoms got started getting worse about 4

years ago with vertigo and a lot of tendinitis,

brain fog, extreme fatigue, my hands and feet

hurt worst then the rest of my body and my body

hurt so bad I couldn't even lift my head. Was dx

with Lyme in Jan of 11. After a year and half on

abx I know I am much much better but I still have

fatigue and aches. I feel like I did for years

before I got worst 4 years ago. Not feeling right

but functioning. I go to the LLMD on Monday

and am thinking of going off abx for the summer

and focusing on taking care of the yeast

problem. I'm thinking that the yeast could be

causing me not to feel very good either. I have

read on some of the post how yeast can cause some

of the same symptoms. I'll let you know what my

doc says on Tues. morning.

--------------------
diagnosed with fibromyalgia 1992
Lyme disease Jan 2011
give it all to the LORD everyday [Smile]

Posts: 38 | From southwest michigan | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my diagnosises before I knew I had Lyme and co's was Fibromyalgia. I went many years believing I had that "with something neuro going on" according to doctors, but they could never trace it.

I've been on treatment for Lyme, Bart and Babs for 5 years plus with Babs being the one I appear to have the hardest time resolving.

Through treatment, my Fibro symptoms have waxed and waned, but are definitely not to the levels of the original pain. Treatment does settle it down.

I can go for very long periods of time where I don't even FEEL the Fibro anymore and it might come back for short periods of time, but I'm definitely making ground, so there is MAJOR hope for that.

Good luck to you.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fibromyalgia is not a disease, but pain resulting from a bacterial/viral infection. Non Lyme-literate doctors always label this a "psych" problem, i.e. "It's all in your head", when they can't figure out what it is.

BTW - the disease is Lyme not Lymes.

Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was diagnosed with "fibromyalgia" in 1987. After a flu-like illness and subsequent throbbing joints which subsided, I was left with all-over muscle pain and stiffness.

I was finally diagnosed with Lyme, Bart and RMSF in 2009. I have been treating 3 years.

The only symptoms that still bother me are all-over muscle pain and stiffness and neck pain and stiffness. Both are better than they used to be due to doxy, diet, exercise and bioidentical hormones.

I tested Neg for Babesia. I did treat with Mepron for 2 1/2 months, but I cannot afford to treat with Mepron for longer because I pay out of pocket for meds.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had Lyme most of my life. I was misdiagnosed with FM in 1980 and correctly dxd with Lyme disease in 2000.

I was treated for babesia as well... and that may be something you need to address. I no longer have the muscle pain.

Everything got much better after Lyme and babesia treatment, then when I went gluten free, the remaining pains went away.

Try it!

www.celiac.com

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Garden
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Garden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Treating for parasites via Dr. K's anti-parasitic protocol helped my fatigue immensely. There are still good days and bad days, but the bad days are working with 60% energy instead of 20% energy. Many days I'm at 80-95% energy-wise, including some 100% energy days.

Echoing Lymetoo, I know several people whose fibromyalgia completely went away when they went gluten-free.

I am not done treating at all, but finally my husband and I feel there may be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Good luck!

--------------------
Garden

"Fibromylagia" for 8+ years
Pos IgeneX WB per both Igenex and CDC
Pos Neuroscience MyLymeImmuneID
Started tx for Lyme in March 2011

Posts: 245 | From East Coast | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had an FM dx for 25 years. I have Lyme and don't think I have any co-infections.

I hit the jackpot right away with oral clindamycin, 150mg, which I did every 6-8 hours for the first month. All pain went away in a week's time! I herxed after a month, then backed down to 2x/day.

It completely took all pain away. That's why I say I think it's a matter of finding out what's going to treat us.

It worked for 5 years, then stopped working. I'm now doing a combo of teasel root tincture, 5 drops/day, and curcumin capsules, 500mg 1x/day.

That combo keeps down FM and joint swelling for me.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jennifer70
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30280

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jennifer70     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was also dx with fibro. Alot of my other symptoms have gone, but the one's that remain are pain, excruciating pain, muscle pain, joint, and fatigue. I think the anxiety has gotten alot better, but still not 100% back to my old self yet there. I have been treated for babs, but it doesnt seem to help me. I dont know what to do anymore.

--------------------
Psalm 119:50
My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.

Posts: 292 | From Heaven | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed with it by my LLMD who did believe it was caused by the Lyme, but with the diagnosis, I could take Lyrica.

It was one of the last things to let go.

Exercise is critical. I don't mean go run a triathalon, I mean, get out there and move as you are able. I like pilates because it reaches the deep, internal muscles that get so achey.

My fibro is completely gone.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shannon12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shannon12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
six , what about on a treadmill? I mean it hurts to do it, but do you think at a decent rate, I noticed Dr. B. guidelines is no aerobic exercise until feeling better, so I didn't know.
Posts: 229 | From Forty Fort, PA | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shannon12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36149

hoping and praying- I am aware the disease is lyme not lymes, it's actually a slip up a lot of people make, for some reason it's natural to say lymes rather than lyme, I'm working on correcting this, unfortunately I've been suffering for nine years, just recently diagnosed, and recently out of the hospital, again, so that is actually the least of my concern right now.
Razzle
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia (later discovered it to be an incorrect diagnosis - Lyme and magnesium deficiency was the cause) in 1999.

Started taking magnesium and the muscle pain has never returned.

Fibromyalgia symptoms can be identical to hypothyroid, Lyme, magnesium deficiency, chronic dehydration, and many other issues.

I personally believe Fibromyalgia to only be a symptom, not a disease, and too many doctors cop out by giving this diagnosis instead of looking further into why the patient has the pain.

Just my humble opinion...

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shannon12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36149

thanks everyone so much for the info. the reason I want to know this stuff is because I believe I can get through treatment better if I know some of my "fibro" symptoms will also get better, I'm still pretty doubtful.

Tincup: you mentioned babesia, yes I just reviewed my labs again and it's on here babesia microti dna in range not detected, I have, the lyme disease western blot, which is reactive(above cdc criteria), then typhus which was detected, and rmsf(detected).

lymetoo and garden: I've considered changing my diet to gluten free, it just seems impossible, everything I eat is everything you shouldn't eat, and I'm smoking too, which I know is terrible, but it's the only thing that gets me through this. I know I definitely have to limit my sugar because of the yeast and everything and even in fighting the lyme.

shannon12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36149

yes I do believe fibro is more of a symptom, I just wish I knew if it's been lymes all along, I know I might never know, it was just wierd I remember about 10 years ago getting more tired and tired and then about 9 years ago, in the summer I woke up one day and I felt like a trainwreck, I remember getting a bad cold and being nauseated, no rash that I remember.

And then came the muscle pain, started in my back, and then a month later, total pain and stiffness everywhere, chronic migraines in the back and sides of my neck and behind my eyes. But I've had some neuro symptoms throughout the years.

Some numbness in my right arm that traveled up to my mouth and tongue, then I went blind for about 20 minutes from all these black floaters, but it went away and never happened again.

But I am hopeful, I have a good llmd that just told me he often consults with Dr. B from time to time, so that makes me comfortable, and I guess only time will tell.

thanks everyone.

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shannon, there are many strains of babesia that can't be tested for, that's why I suggest taking a good look at a symptom list for any of the infections to see whether you think you match them at all -
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
shannon12 - it was not my intention to hurt you by correcting "Lymes" and I am sorry if it did. I agree with you that it's not important in the big scheme of things! Just wanted to help.
Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shannon12:
six , what about on a treadmill? I mean it hurts to do it, but do you think at a decent rate, I noticed Dr. B. guidelines is no aerobic exercise until feeling better, so I didn't know.

I think walking is good. Too much cardio is not good for anyone, IMO. And Dr. B says no cardio until the stamina has returned. This time of year, I'd walk outside!!

What I like about Pilates (or other disciplines that work deep muscles - yoga, various martial arts, etc.) is that it's working deeply. These disciplines are also not cardio. Pilates does become cardio at an advanced level, but few ever reach that level of work.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was diagnosed with "myositis" way back in the early 80's. so i bet i've had it at least since then.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement