LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Any people here doing cheation (or something) for heavy metals?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any people here doing cheation (or something) for heavy metals?
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How is it going? I'm interested in learning more about this. It's really a complicated issue so any experiences or preferences about how to do this would be appreciated.

I've read so many conflicting theories about this - I can't decide which protocol to try...

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just had to laugh at this...

A simple test

You can also try a simple test, and maybe this will convince you that you are poisoned by mercury. But be aware this test is only useful for those who really do have widespread fibromyalgic pain, and not for all mercury toxic people.

Exclude the following sulfur foods and supplements from your diet for a week. Those with high plasma cysteine will feel better, and those with low plasma cysteine will feel worse. Some of you will not notice any difference, but that doesn't prove you're not mercury toxic. However, it really might mean that your condition is caused by some other element/s or things I listed above.

(In no specific order)
eggs
dairy products
bakery products containing whey, cysteine, eggs or "enzymes"
beans (all types) and bean sprouts
soy (soy milk, tofu�)
peas
lentils
broccoli
broccoflower
brussels sprouts
bok choy
cabbage
kale
cauliflower
turnips
asparagus
leeks
rutabagas
onions
shallots
garlic
papaya
coffee
dried fruit preserved with SO2
bananas, avocados, honeydew melons (These aren't sulfury but some people do have problems with them.)
meat, poultry, fish

----

I mean, what are you supposed to eat then? I think the only thing left is rice.... and candy bars. LOL
[loco]

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tested positive for mercury toxicity in the fall. My LLMD had me start taking Pecta Sol C 3 tabs 2 x per day away from ABX and meds (hard to do but I manage...).

Pecta Sol is made of citrus pectin and seaweed or algae (need to read label again to know for sure) and is a mild chelator that has had very good results.

I was retested last month and mercury levels were better. I know this doesn't necessarily mean it is out of my system, but the fact that I am not feeling as toxic and blood test improved makes me want to continue with this product. [Razz]

Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healerdealer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23032

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healerdealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sparkle - you're right, heavy metal detox is complicated so you would need the guidance of a practitioner that knows what they're doing.

There are lots of different protocols out there. Only a naturapath or someone who practices ART testing can determine the best protocol for you.

I was taking IMD - a gentle, intestinal metal detox for almost two years. I need to be retested again. I had mercury in my brain, liver, thyroid.

The last time I was tested, the mercury was only detected in my liver.

I believe that IMD is only sold to practitioners and not the general public.

I've heard of people chelating on their own and making their condition worse.

Chlorella is a food and can move metals, but again, you would need to be tested to see how much would benefit you.

Healer

[ 02-01-2013, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: faithful777 ]

Posts: 163 | From New Jersey | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chlorella does not work intracellularly where much of the metals are.

The list of foods, worth a laugh, to verify toxicity was gathered by a mercury toxic person. It also verifies why all of us are metal toxic these days; it just depends on how badly.

We have problems because many dentists are mercury toxic - I have not met any that weren't at Dr. K.'s conferences. Most learn there how to get better. Logical thinking is affected. Nobody in their right mind would continue to put mercury in a human mouth.

Healerdealer is soooooo right. Even if you can get help once or twice a year by someone who is truly knowledgable, that is the only way I would attempt this. Some practitioners now use Skype.

Metal detoxing can take years. I am still detoxing root canal after-effects and amalgam/lead residuals. It doesn't hurt, but it needs attention to avoid shifting things around possibly into worse body compartments.

Keep searching and best of luck.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TestyTommy
Member # 35790

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TestyTommy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tested positive for high levels of mercury and lead a few weeks ago. My LLMD referred me to an MD who specializes in detox. He said there is no point in trying to detox mercury while someone still has fillings because the drugs will just pull mercury out of the teeth (which NOT good!). So he's starting to detox the lead with EDTA first, and once I get my fillings removed he'll work on the mercury.

I can't say I feel any different yet, but it's only been a week!

Posts: 17 | From Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Thanks everyone... Yes, it's a process for sure. I've been calling around & it's always an expensive & complicated proposition about this removal & chelation.

I can't believe anyone in their right mind would want to deal with mercury. The dentists that are in the dark are kind of suspect to me... How could they not know! The ones that do know - are really expensive...

I wanted to get a methylation panel done & one doctor quoted me at about $1000 - not even asking about chelation or removal of mercury. There's alot of added fees in NJ - like they have to give you a physical for $175 & then they charge for blood draws... (just to get some blood out of you, not including the cost of the test) - like $75. I mean, that a bit excessive. Kind of makes me not trust the guy.

Anyway, yes, I want to get this nightmare out of my head. The list of foods was from Andrew Cuttler's protocol! He's a big proponent of all of this (one of the first to warn people about mercury) - which is good but how far do we have to go?

Healerdealer suggested a doctor but he's a bit far from where I live. I was trying to find someone closer to where I live. I'll give him a call tomorrow. I wasn't expecting so much ignorance in this area.

It's pretty populated around here. I thought there would be more open-minded practitioners around. It's kind of few & far between... Someone suggested a chiro in South Jersey who was familiar with Dr. Ks protocols but it's a bit of a drive, too.

It's an expensive area so everything costs a fortune. I think we pay the highest property taxes in the country here. If I was able to work & make more money - I wouldn't mind but I've been ill a long time so I try to cut corners & study as much as I can.

I went to some "famous" holistic doctors in this area & it turned out that I knew more than they did - so, I'm a bit hesitant. Some of them were real jerks, too.

In any case, I don't think the tests are accurate. The IMD product is very interesting! I watched the videos of the guy who's company makes it... really interesting concept! I think Dr. K got his microsilica product from Dr. Shade's research.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

re: food list above (it was just an excerpt) -

Andy Cutler's mercury detoxification protocol

http://curezone.com/faq/q.asp?a=3,76&q=102

---

I think it has something to do with sulfur in the mercury detoxification process... Alot of people really believe in Cuttler's approach.

---

Dr. Chris Shade on New Methods of Mercury Testing and Detox IAOMT 2009 Las Vegas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTIbnGMIHmE

MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sparkle,

I saw several docs and on gave me the hair test and the results came back fine. Another 3 months passed and symptoms got worse so I went to a recommended DO. First visit was $250 and she really listened. Follow up visits are $70. She said I may have other issues but with 18 fillings I probably have mercury toxicity.

We did the DMPS 6 hour challenge and I was 700% over the max. My lead was under the max. I started chelations because the symptoms were affecting my ability to work. After a 45 minute drive to work I would get out of the car and pass out for about 15 seconds. I could feel in coming on so I just slide down my car until I woke up.

I also started replacing my amalgam fillings. After the 5th DMPS, the really bad symptoms were gone but I still had low energy and other Lyme symptoms but did not know I had Lyme yet. I got 16 to the 18 teeth done (last two were crowns on top of amalgam.

Found out my DO was using Dr K's DMPS protocol that she had learned at an ACAM seminar in 2002. I finally got the crowns replaced and continued with the DMPS through 17 chelations. About the 15th one my mercury was down by more than 1/2. However my lead was higher. I am told that mercury can come out first and then comes lead.

Not totally sure about that but that is what happened. So I had my first EDTA two weeks ago and will get another next week. The DMPS is a 15 minute push, while the EDTA is a 3 hour drip. My other DO that gives me UV Blood treatments recommended EDTA as soon as I got my mercury down.

He said it would help my liver with all the ABX I am taking.

Three years ago I bought Cutler's book and joined the yahoo group but they were pretty single minded on the protocol. I also had trouble doing the DMSA approach every 4 hours for the appropriate number of days.

I did not have any issues with the DMPS. I got the DMSA from www.vrp.com.

I will probably test again after another 4 EDTA's to see where I am. I take a lot of chorella, ALA, and minerals to help between chelations. I also did IV Glutathione this week for the first time and I really felt good. My son, who also has Lyme, got his first today and is really tired and in bed. He noticed much of his persistent aches and pains were either gone or greatly reduced but did not realize that until I asked about his constant pains.

The relief lasted about two days for me but that still is pretty good. It also assists the liver and keep the liver enzymes down. I take Arnica Montana 30X to take the edge off the joint pain during the day.

So I had about 6 DMPS before the bulk of my mercury was out. Not sure that it did damage or parked more in my brain but I was really having a difficult time at work so I am glad I did it the way I did.

All the Best, MattH

Posts: 607 | From Houston Texas | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MattH, for some people, it takes years to get the metals out. The reasons are many, and I won't recite them here. But it takes a good doctor to accompany you on this journey. With every dump, some of the symptoms should get lighter.

It depends on how many fillings and other metal alloys, including gold crown alloys, were in the body. I have been detoxing metals for ten plus years and got a DMPS shot a couple of days ago. I do some myself, with instructions.

Some of the practitioners out here now use Skype and that helps when people do not need all the travel. A.R., RN and Dr. A.D. at same office do.
The two are a super combination and are now teaching the K. approach up and down the West Coast.

Metal toxicity and Smart Meters do not go together well. I am working on this problem now since the power company silently, without my knowledge, installed it. Check your home for dirty electricity and Smart Meter.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi,

Thanks for putting this in perspective.I do not thnk I am done but do use the DMPS challenge test with my DO as a guide to where I am.

Because of or because of the lack of funds when I started I was using the Cutler protocol. However for me the DMPS seems to work much better.

As MichaelTampa said he is continuing to detox so I know I am not done but at least I can work now to feed my supplement and treatment habit [Smile] .

All the Best, MattH

Posts: 607 | From Houston Texas | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Thank you. Yeah, for me it's really a money consideration. I know health should come first but it's not easy. I've been ill for many years... Not quite ill enough to get disability but not well enough to have a regular job... I really should have gotten the disability but it's too long & complicated to get into.

It took me many years of study to come to the point of really exploring detox. Thanks to the people on Lymenet - many have pointed me in the right direction - but it's taken years. Many "doctors" will gladly take your money for insufficient treatment.

California has always been more progressive when it comes to health care. The East Coast lags behind. One would think NYC would be on top of all of this but it's not. Even the Ivy League Schools, etc. are not really in the forefront here. Columbia has a big research department but I haven't seen much of an improvement in health care as a result.

To me, Dr. K is really the best as far as I could see. It takes years of comparing the methods to come to an assessment, though. There are so many concepts of what it the approprate treatment should be. I do think it comes down to detox.

I've done well on my own for the parasite & yeast but metals are something different. Also, getting into methylation & KPU are not easy. I just started the simplified methylation protocol on my own & I can see it's a trouble area for me. That relates to detox & metals - I believe.

I don't know for sure but that is what I can tell so far. With improved methylation - there's a release of toxins. I'm not really sure what they are. Most of my tests in the past for mercury were low but that isn't necessarily meaningful... I have been exposed to other metals through my studies in sculpture & various jobs in darkrooms & with printing (solvents, etc.).

I'd like to jump into seeing a doctor but I'm just not sure who to trust. My intuition is telling me to wait & check out more options. I just heard on the radio that autism has jumped to an all time high. When is this madness going to end? They come up with some kind of "spin" on it & it makes me mad... They said there's better testing... (so I guess that equates with a reason for a rise in cases - NOT!)

Anyway, thanks for your support! I do think this metal detox is something we have to do on a continual basis. I don't want to do it with 2 silver fillings - so, I have to deal with that.

I believe we are being sprayed with barium from chemtrails - so we are breathing metals, as well as, exposure from coal burning, vaccines, fish, etc. It really is a problem for all of us.

[ 03-29-2012, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: sparkle7 ]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement