LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Weird Sensation While Falling asleep

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Weird Sensation While Falling asleep
PhillyLyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26468

Icon 11 posted      Profile for PhillyLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had this very weird feeling last night as I was falling asleep. Basically everything I was just about to enter the sleep cycle I would have this "heart zap" feeling but I was not really coming from the heart. My pulse was just find and it was not until I starter to get scare about it that my heart started pounding a bit. I had this feeling before from time to time but last night it was the worse.

I was about to go the ER but I has a feeling that it was anxiety related (but I did not feel anxious all day). I got up for a second and got back in bed I was fine because at this point I was awake but thn as I try to get some sleep again the feeling starter. No idea what it is but I did do a search and seems to be somewhat common.

I am wondering if anyone here has exp this..

I took a Epsom salt bath for the first time last night and felt great while taking it and after. It was not until 2 hours later that I started feeling this way. The other new thing I am doing is going after yeast and parasites with Oil of Oregano (A. D. P.). I my gut was making all sorts of noise last night so I wonder if this was a herx from the die off.

Posts: 324 | From Philly | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nenet
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 13174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to get those zaps ALL THE TIME. Awful feeling. Sometimes it felt as if it was coming from my brain, other times it felt like my adrenal glands were spasming (there would be a weird jolt in that region), and sometimes it seemed like my heart jumped and then set off everything else.

I've seen them described many different ways, but the most common term I saw repeated was "brain zaps."

What I did about this symptom (until the antibiotics eventually made it go away) was to make a tea with nerve and stomach calmative herbs in it.

You can buy them ready-made (like Yogi teas or Traditional Medicinals - they both make something like "Easy Now" Or "Calming Tea"). Or you can make your own with herbs purchased in bulk (much cheaper).

If you need ideas for recipes I'm happy to help. You probably want something more effective than just Chamomile tea.

As for the Epsom salt baths - I found personally that I react differently to magnesium supplements (and Epsom baths) than most, and they seem to enervate me (make my neurological symptoms worse, or spike). I don't know if this is happening with you but just letting you know my experience.

Oil of Oregano is very strong, and can upset the stomach (regardless of die-off), so it's possible it could be causing a little bit of reflux and triggering a benign heart response (some heart nerves are close to the esophagus).

Sometimes if I ate or took anything that aggravated my GERD, I would have more of these jolts/zaps.

You might want to take the Oil of Oregano early in the day so that by the time you go to bed it is out of your stomach and GI area for the most part.

I'm not an expert or anything, just sharing my experiences, but I hope it helps to at least know you are not alone in these symptoms.

--------------------
Dr. C's Western Blot Explanation

Lymenet Success Stories

ILADS Treatment Guidelines

Medical & Scientific Literature on Lyme

"Long-Term Antibiotic Therapy Improves Persistent Symptoms Associated with Lyme Disease"

Posts: 1176 | From KY | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
That zapping stuff has also zapped me at times.

I wonder: Was the bath HOT? Very long? Did you then rest?

A HOT bath can really clobber the various nervous systems, and the myelin sheath (the coating around the nerves). It can further stress mitochondria that are not what they needs to be.

And it can stress the adrenal system and elevate cortisol.

More that 20 minutes, even in a WARM bath can also just be too long.

So, bottom line for baths:

NEVER HOT, just WARM enough to be cozy. Do not get chilled. Do not rinse with very cold water as that can be a shock to various systems./

And TWENTY MINUTES is the magic number to stay under.

Plan to REST right after a bath. Drink water and relax.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it can be a herx. If you are going after parasites it's VERY important that Wormwood, Black Walnut Hull and Cloves be part of the protocol. You would probably benefit from Parastroy or Hanna Kroeger Wormwood Combo.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PhillyLyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26468

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PhillyLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to go after Parasites. But Human worm about a year ago but never used it because I was starting with a new doc who wanted to see if this new abx where working.

No sure if they are too old to take now?

Posts: 324 | From Philly | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nerves for me
Bartonella related usually

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PhillyLyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26468

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PhillyLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
canefan,

Interesting you say that. My LLMD suspected babs as a co-infection since day one so he put me on Bactrim. I told him what about bart and he said that bactrim would hit that aswell. I am going to ask him to put my on Levacin? to see if I react to it.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement