LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Please.....Need some help with Mental Symptoms

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please.....Need some help with Mental Symptoms
tricia386
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay I apologize this might be long.

Does anyone else get songs stuck in their head. I dont actually hear the music just lyrics of the song stuck in my head. Usually the last comercial or last song I listen to on the radio. It will play over and over the same line and switch to a new song.

Second. Does anyone else get Obessive thoughts. I dont have compulsions. But sometimes I get an obessed thought in my head. Sometimes I will think I am schizophrenic. Or I am Bi-polar or sometimes I will get obessed with my breating.

Third. This doesnt happen every night. But sometimes when I am trying to go to sleep. My mind will race with thoughts, imaged memories. Its like one thing leads to another thing and its completely un realted. This freaks me out. I can see a picture in my head of finger nails painted than I will pan to a memory from my child hood. Its almost like very vivid dreaming. Sometimes I will get scary images they will freak me out and I will panic. Then I panic I have some kind of mental illness. This seems to happen along with a herx.

Does any of this sound lyme related or is their something else going on. I have such bad anxiety that I have some mental disease or I am going to go crazy.

Again sorry so long

--------------------
Lyme activated in April 2010 by gardasil vaccine.
DX: Lyme,Babs,Myco,Bart 11/10
Treatment Started: 3/28/11

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymielauren28
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, yes and yes. I can especially relate to seeing scary images while trying to fall asleep. Makes you feel looney. All this went away after Bart treatment. I was reinfected with Bart and it came back again.

--------------------
"The only way out is through"

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tricia386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess it would make sense that its flaring I am using A-Bart and Zith. I hate it. I just want to cry. I have this scared feeling in me and I hate this obessive thoughts.

--------------------

Posts: 1752 | From Albany, NY | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you are describing what is called musical hallucinations. This has been written up in the medical journals as a lyme symptom.

Don't think there is any special treatment other than to treat the infection.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Bea-

I dont actually hear the song. I just get usually the hook verse stuck in my head. But I dont hear music.

I have been treting for a year and its a symptom that come and goes.

--------------------

Atta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Atta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this and I'm pretty sure it's related to Bart. It gets worse if I have a food that I'm allergic too or too much of a starch that converts to sugar. When I was on Zith for bart it got better for a bit. Seems a little better now too on Buhner.

--------------------
Just a catepillar, full of imaginal buds.

Posts: 143 | From Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
First, be sure your LLMD knows about this. Infections may need more attention. Or your LIVER might.

A Glutathione IV has helped many to stop the neuro-toxic psychological reactions.

A LL therapist should be able to help in many ways but if they are not LL, they are not likely to fully understand the mechanisms.

These help me to calm down icky neuro-excitatory action:
------------

LIVER Support

Magnesium - up to 2,000 mg a day in divided doses - never all at once (to bowel tolerance)

Calcium

Zinc

Taurine

Fish Oil - a teaspoon every few hours

Holy Basil, Skullcap (which is only good as tincture, not capsules)

ADRENAL Support

B-5, B-6

Going scent-free; gluten-free and additive-free is also important to lower the excitatory stressors.

This can get better. Really.

-------------

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=029690;p=0

Excitotoxins; MSG; Aspartame; & "Natural" Flavors
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Sometimes, the only way to stop thinking of a particular song is to put on other music - without lyrics and without lines of melody that repeat.

The music of MOZART and HAYDN (either Pappa or Son) has been shown to be the best for the brain.

Ambient music like Brian Eno's "Music For Airports"

or Native music of the Celts (think ethereal Irish flute), Enya,

Native American music (such as Carlos Nakai).

Jeffrey Thompson has developed many CDs good for the brain:

http://www.neuroacoustic.com
-
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuntyLynn
Member # 35938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AuntyLynn         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All part of the neuro Lyme spectrum according to Bransfield, Stricker and Shea.

Watch Toronto ILADS VIDEO on the subject below

http://www.ilads.org/media/videos/videos_expertneuro.php

Posts: 1432 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tricia386
Member # 29623

Well, my question is..dont i need IV's then to get better if its neurolyme

--------------------

tricia386
Member # 29623

Do IM bicillan cross blood brain barrier?

--------------------

jimmy1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmy1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tricia: First yes, Second yes, Third yes.
Gees, I thought it was just me. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

I've always, whether sick or well, had an overloaded brain. The dang thing never shuts off. The music thing - I hear complete pieces of music with full orchestration inside my head, but I actually rather like that. (call me crazy)

Man, I really relate to your third issue. Since I've been sick, my brain is constantly playing home movies. Like I'm reliving every little piece of my life, and not necessarily my favorite parts. It's a bit disturbing.

I shall chalk it up to Lyme and company and cross my fingers my head settles down. And yours.
Wish I had some solutions for you, but the best I can do is say I have the same problems!

Posts: 251 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omg, I'm thinking and seeing things from past big time. I live in depersonalization, feel like a schizo, when it dies own, it's just me and my life. I'm on Iv rocephin for another month and oral zithro.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
farraday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for farraday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Keebler. My brain symptoms are the worst and sounds drive me crazy. I played classical piano for 40 years, but sometimes I cannot stand to hear it and I obsess over a tune.

So I play Mozart. And I like Kleigel cello music. If I play soft classical music at bedtime I rest more easily. We got headphones for my husband so I do not have to listen to the tv. I also listen to New Age music and even sounds of rain or ocean.

Another thing that helps me is my essential oil burner. Everyone is different so you have to experiment. But lavender, chamomile, bergamot, lime, eucalyptus are my favorites to use at bedtime. Frankincense is also good for the mind.

I am told that I must move on to IV antibiotics so I will probably do so, as soon as I figure out which protocol makes sense and how I will afford it!

Change the tune! You can do it!

--------------------
DOCTOR: "I don't think you are sick."
PATIENT: "We are all entitled to our opinions. I don't think you are a doctor."

Posts: 697 | From Northern California | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement