LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » can any of the co infections or lymes cause rashes and itching

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can any of the co infections or lymes cause rashes and itching
Maya12
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 36392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maya12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I keep getting little red pimple spots come up as well as itching and biting or pin prick sensations on my body with some tingling what could cause this? Could lyme and the cos cause this or parisites can they make you itchey?

Has anyone else had this?

Posts: 1632 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/index.php?option=com_phocagallery&view=category&id=11:rashes&Itemid=331

From the LDA: Rashes include Lyme, bartonella and other tick-borne diseases (TBD)

------------------

Yes, parasites can cause skin stuff.

But so can an overwhelmed liver. Be sure liver support is good. Be sure to drink enough water.

You may need more magnesium & fish oil to calm the prickly sensations.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maya12
Member # 36392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maya12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can the parisites or lyme cause itching at all?
Posts: 1632 | From Canada | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krk
Member # 34690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for krk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about hive like welts? Have had these random hive like rashes over various areas for last 3 weeks or so.

Start out as welts, then flatten out and eventually vade.

Went to LLMD for 1st visit on Monday. She was a bit puzzled, but mentioned bart.

Anyone have these welts/hives?

Posts: 39 | From Maryland | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was being treated for lyme, I got hives to so many things it was unbelievable.

This is common. The body is overreacting to everything like an allergic reaction.

Before lyme, I never had hives in my life.

Before you break into hives, you can feel prickly, itchy, or rashy.

Biting and pin prick sensations and also tingling could be from lyme. Lyme causes all kinds of false sensations due to neuropathy--attacking the nerves.

So, all you need is lyme to feel every weird sensation imaginable and unimaginable.

I felt like I had moving patches of sunburn all over. I also felt like I was being stabbed by thousands of pins continually. Plus the rashy, itchy, hives for months at a time.

From the list of lyme symptoms in Burrascano Guidelines:

"Tingling, numbness, burning
or stabbing sensations,
shooting pains, skin
hypersensitivity" (page 10)

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krk
Member # 34690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for krk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks TF.

Would you pm me and let me know who your llmd is? Just curious since you are in Maryland.

I just started Zithromax and will add minocycline Friday.

Any experience with this combo?

Posts: 39 | From Maryland | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zith gave me hives.

See what I mean?

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krk
Member # 34690

I am just getting started with LLMD and am a bit anxious.

Felt very comfortable with llmd, but nervous about tx. Have lots of allergies to antibiotics!

krk
Member # 34690

TF, just sent you a pm.
Maya12
Member # 36392

Well thanks for the info tf. Thing that I am stillwondering about though is these pin pricks seem to feel itchey sometimes like someone gently poking me with a pin and my skin reacts with an itch. Can the nerve endings being irritated from lyme cause this pin prick to Itch

Anyone else have this sensation?

I don't seem to have any welts but do get little red pinple bumps

Can parisites or toxins cause pimples?

Maya12
Member # 36392

Hey krk what do your hives look like?

Wonder if I may just have dry skin. Don't have any lesions or anything

Maya12
Member # 36392

I also just started the salt c protocol and anti parisitic herbs could this cause the itching?
horsez12
Member # 38767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for horsez12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the same rash and itching all over my

body. I'm taking zyrtec it keeps it at bay but I

know i'm just masking it. My skin gets red and

hot then the itching starts and when I scratch I

get round welts where I've scratched. I just

took my first round of ivermectin this morning.

I'm thinking it might be parasites because no

abx have helped. I will let you know it the rash

and itching stops.

Posts: 4 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amyb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amyb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't get to read all posts but I get this if I'm in the sun too long on abx

--------------------
Good friends are like stars... You don't always see them, but you know they are always there!!!

Posts: 362 | From west chester, pa | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
horsez12
Member # 38767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for horsez12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started the Ivermectin on Saturday and my rash is almost gone. its Tuesday. The itching is still there but not as bad. I did finally take a zyrtec today. I added doxy today too so we'll see what happens
Posts: 4 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement