LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Facial nasal eyes burning nothing helps!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Facial nasal eyes burning nothing helps!
Spindleshanks
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32556

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Spindleshanks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been treating Lyme Babs and Bart with the same drugs for around four months.

It was time to take Flagyl which I did for 6 days that was all I could handle.

So I am having normal herx symptoms but a new onset of intense sinus facial burning. My eyes are watering my nose is running more like pouring clear liquid.

It is so painful! Nothing has helped Zyrtec, Norco, Motrin, detox bath, IV Glutithione and Meyers, IV fluids.

Any suggestions? It is miserable.

I even tried chlorella, which I added about in another post, and now I have horrible watery diarrhea!

Posts: 253 | From CA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hhmmmm, have you tried some mangosteen??

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing that comes to mind is sublingual (under the tongue) vitamin B12.

This is good to nourish nerves that are suffering from lyme disease. If what you are experiencing is a neuropathy, and I think it may be, the vitamin B12 should help it.

When my lyme doc told me to start taking it for my various nerve pains, I didn't see how it could help, but it did the trick. Didn't take that long either.

Buy it at a health food store, and take the dosage on the bottle or even double it at first.

Be sure you let the tiny pill dissolve completely under the tongue. It is easy to forget and swallow it, but you don't want to do that. The stomach acid will destroy the vit B12. That's why you want it to be totally absorbed in your mouth.

I certainly hope this gives you some relief. Flagyl is a very powerful lyme drug. Not surprised you had such a reaction.

I would say to keep taking the sublingual vit B as long as you are taking the flagyl.

See this quote from page 15 of Burrascano, regarding the effects of flagyl:

"Flagyl can be irritative to the nervous system- in the short term, it may cause irritability, "spacey" feelings, etc. Longer term, it can affect the peripheral nerves, causing tingles, numbness, etc. If mild, a change in dose may be required. Often, extra vitamin B can clear these symptoms. If the nerve symptoms persist or are strong, then metronidazole must be discontinued or these symptoms may become very long lasting."

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spindleshanks
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spindleshanks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never tried mangosteen.

I will look into the B 12 but I did iv B 12 yesterday and it didn't seem to help. It makes sense though I think I have sublingual somewhere.

It is still really bad

Posts: 253 | From CA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spindleshanks
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spindleshanks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you think it could be yeast? Flagyl makes me really yeasty.
manybites
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manybites         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ehrlichia /Ricketsia this 2 comes in mind.Only Mino and rifampin got rid of it for me.
Posts: 1379 | From disable | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spindleshanks
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32556

Ugh it hurts so bad. I did rifampin for like 4 months I can't remember.

What about Maca root could it be causing this?

Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too much ammonia does this to me. Yucca root powder helps with the ammonia.

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spindleshanks
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32556

Ok I am getting some yucca it is still bad this morning and I have been detoxing.

Also have a full head type of ache now along with intense burning.

sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the sinus and face burning symptoms I would try sudafed. If a dose or two of that alone does not help sudafed + mucinex + ibuprofen.

For your eyes you could try Naphcon A drops or Zaditor. The eyes will probably clear up when you get the sinuses under control again.

Remember drink lots of water!

Hope you feel better soon [Smile]

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
benadryl
Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlefev
Member # 20586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlefev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find that using saline nasal spray can alleviate sinus pain and burning.

Depending on your insurance situation, there is also a nasal spray called Omnaris that I get prescription sometimes.

It's expensive as heck but they do offer $30-$50 off coupons sometimes if your doctor receives their samples.

Posts: 12 | From CA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement